The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ESO Store . . . lacking :(

ipkonfigcub18_ESO
ipkonfigcub18_ESO
✭✭✭
I don't mind dishing out money to purchase items from a micro-store in a game that's F2P. But can we have some better choices and more unique items? I have yet to see a game that has an online store publish great cosmetic items to purchase. GW2 once in a blue moon has something decent and even then it's questionable as to whether its worth it or not.

I don't want or need boosters to spend crown on. I'm into cosmetics but this game lacks that. Liking some of the Mount choices but the cosmetics are null :(
  • Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Costume creators for the game are generally pretty careful about making clothes and armor that fit in closely with the game's aesthetic and lore. They've said they want their costumes to look as if they "belong" in Tamriel, which, in their defense, is usually appreciated. It makes the game's style look more cohesive, and the vast majority of players enjoy that.

On the other hand, it does make for some lackluster clothing choices. This is probably less because of the meshes and more because of the muted color palette. It's why most people want the ability to dye costumes bought in the store - to add a bit more life to the styles.

I agree that more interesting designs would be nice from time to time, but I'm willing to bet they'll be a long time coming.
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mind dishing out money to purchase items from a micro-store in a game that's F2P. But can we have some better choices and more unique items? I have yet to see a game that has an online store publish great cosmetic items to purchase. GW2 once in a blue moon has something decent and even then it's questionable as to whether its worth it or not.

I don't want or need boosters to spend crown on. I'm into cosmetics but this game lacks that. Liking some of the Mount choices but the cosmetics are null :(

Give them time to get more stuff into the store.It doesnt all happen like "poof!".
  • Azzuria
    Azzuria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunno, all the cosmetic things on the store usually look really good to me. In keeping with lore but still nice.

What would be nice is being able to create our own 'costumes' using crafted items. My Orc Templar would dearly love a 'Battle Mage' look without needing to buy it from the Store.
    Brunhilda Icehammer - Nord Dragonknight, 'Smith & Enchantress 'What is 'ranged? I need to hit something!!'
    Laehl Direthorn - Bosmer Nightblade, Purveyor of fine Clothes, Bows and Staves
    Reeza gra-Zuni - Orc Templar 'War Shaman' and Apothecary
    Noemi Snowpaw - Kajiit Dragon Knight - I laugh... or I'd have to kill you.
    Kitera Dreamon - Breton of The Dominion: Because those Daggers don't appreciate a great Mage.
    Lysara Shadowcroft - Dunmer Bloodmage: This will only hurt a lot.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    Costume creators for the game are generally pretty careful about making clothes and armor that fit in closely with the game's aesthetic and lore. They've said they want their costumes to look as if they "belong" in Tamriel, which, in their defense, is usually appreciated. It makes the game's style look more cohesive, and the vast majority of players enjoy that.

On the other hand, it does make for some lackluster clothing choices. This is probably less because of the meshes and more because of the muted color palette.

Muted? That red/purple/grey mostrosity with the not-matching green necklace. Not muted. Not nearly muted enough.

Although if I could just change the purple to deep blue it would be okay-er
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Erotes
    Erotes
    ✭✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »

On the other hand, it does make for some lackluster clothing choices. This is probably less because of the meshes and more because of the muted color palette. It's why most people want the ability to dye costumes bought in the store - to add a bit more life to the styles.

I agree that more interesting designs would be nice from time to time, but I'm willing to bet they'll be a long time coming.

I'm sorry but this is not a valid response. They can delve into the lore of the elders scrolls and come up with tons of costume ideas yet they opt not to. One of the things I find unforgivable about this game is the lack of customization. In physical appearance, in skills, and in apparel/armor.

Why does the game not have the ability yet to edit you character. I made my character when the game first came out and after not playing all 2015 I just started again but hate my characters look. He is v9 and I refuse to grind again. Also I'm tired of the same dress with a different skin in the store and more useless mounts and pets. Why not offer more customization? oh and speaking of their wanting to keep things in with the lore, the male noble costume looks terribly out of place.

Edited by Erotes on December 27, 2015 5:38AM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In time... in time...

They are working on stuff for the crown store. Not fast enough to please us all, but... that was to be expected. Though I guess in time, more will come. But yeah, I too wish it'd come faster...
  • Nadijeh
    Nadijeh
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly I'm kind of hoping they venture a little bit out of what the "standard" attire of Elder Scrolls in the way that they make costumes that are stylish and appealing to actually buy. I think you can easily fit the aesthetic of Elder Scrolls & Tamriel and do fashionable aesthetics in your costuming. I linked a picture in one of the threads about armor/costume ideas in this section as to what I'm sort of talking about. I honestly think anything from Dragon Age, or The Witcher series' can serve as a decent example of stylish things that can fit well within Elder Scrolls.

There really isn't a whole lot of appealing options for costumes yet, I'm hoping in the new year we'll be seeing some really sick costumes.
    Edited by Nadijeh on December 27, 2015 9:37PM