The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Kyntira Magna - Character Backstory Part 1 (maybe)

Xerosus
Xerosus
✭✭✭
I wrote "Part 1" because i might want to see what people think of this before i write more.

Kyntira Magna

A child of both Skyrim and Cyrodiil, born in the frigid North but raised under Imperial banners. Kyntira was the product of Darius Magna, a well connected trader of the East Empire Company and former Imperial Legionary. During his time in the legion, he was nicknamed “Scorpius Magna” due to his agility with a single blade as well as a great disdain for shields. It was only after years of fighting and advancing age that life reminded him of her cold opposite, death. Some years after retiring from combat and investing in the trading business he would meet the woman who would become his wife, a Nordic mercenary going by the name Selere. This Nord headhunter was seen as something of an oddity even by northern standards. She was tall and muscular but with a far more feminine build than that of most other women in Skyrim.

Her eyes like two icy shards and her snowy white hair flowed with grace around her head. Unfortunately, her years of work as a sword for hire created a very guarded personality. She came into the service of Darius Magna during one of his visits made to Skyrim, to discuss ore trading from Windhelm into the town of Skingrad. Having formed relationships with each of his guards, Darius opted to converse with the young mercenary. These however would be short, as Selere’s former clients were never interested in small talk, only blood in exchange for coin. Normally this type work would be ignored but the payment was more than sufficient to pique and maintain some of her interest.

It was during one of these conversations near Duskglow Crevice that their caravan was set upon by unknown assailants during a blizzard. Two guards vanished into the frost, leaving only weapons and pools of blood in their wake. Selere unsheathed her blade as Darius bore an enchanted blade given to him upon retiring from the legion and ordered everyone to gather in circle formation facing out at the attackers. The wait for another attack seemed to carry on for ages. Suddenly a single arrow cut out of the white into Selere’s upper arm, pain surged through her as she felt an all too familiar rage boiling inside. Emaciated figures approached the survivors as the sounds of cracking bone and a sudden howl gave way to a werewolf. The following skirmish was a mixture of screams and confusion, Darius disintegrated his attackers with the blade, while the remaining guards held their own and the furry beast tore some of these snowy figures to pieces.
It ended almost as quickly as it began, the werewolf vanished into the frost and Darius was left with his guards, the fire from his blade undaunted by the ice. He moved in circles, always facing outwards, taking controlled breaths, searching for the missing mercenary, when out of the frost a whirlwind approached. It bent, contorted and cracked around a tall and seemingly naked figure, like the Snow Prince of legend. The figure at its center… Selere.

(This story will take place before and during ESO, Kyntira Magna is my second character, she is a Nord with an Imperial father and Nordic mother. You might see references to a book called "Ghosts in the Storm" in the blizzard skirmish and a little place called Duskglow Crevice. I was originally not going to write about her parents but why not, makes things more interesting. Her father's legion years weren't expanded on because i just didn't want to.)

Also, its mostly about her parents, for now. I'll take my quests and experiences in game as a base for her once i'm done with her parents. :p

There's probably going to be some errors but meh. Whatchu guys think?
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it's time to get working on part 2 :smile:
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer