The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Server Jumping

Earthewen
Earthewen
✭✭✭✭✭
Zergs occur for one reason alone. Being able to jump from server to server has definitely been the cause of this problem. A 50+ man zerg can jump from campaign to campaign easily in a matter of minutes. How to break up this problem?

Remove the ability to jump from server to server even when grouped. Simply put....if you are homed in a campaign, then THAT is your campaign. To jump from one to the other, you must re-home a different campaign at the cost described. Let's face it guys...we really don't need to be in more than 1 server. It's not necessary and causes the zerg groups we see now. I've never understood the campaign jumping of entire groups from one server to another. Not only that, people can with the same account, jump from faction to faction and server to server all night long. Zerging maps a problem for you? Stop the server hoping ability.
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    Zergs occur for one reason alone.

No. Zergs occur because it's normal herd psychology - safety in numbers. This is compounded by the mechanical damage reduction afforded to groups because of AoE caps.

You throw a bunch of people together in a hostile environment and THEY will bunch up for safety and eventually organize for efficiency. There is no way to avoid that short of preventing grouping mechanical and knocking back players within 10m of each other. Even then, you can count on people travelling 11m apart.

The rest of your post is about your dissatisfaction with other people not sharing your values of one faction, one account. I disagree. I like playing with my friends on both sides of Bleaker's and don't intend to give that up because it makes you bitter.

Edited by Lithium Flower on December 23, 2015 7:12AM
    Dragonknight Smith of the Lith | Rayna Dreloth
    Templar Josephine Belmont | Catherine Belmont | Irene Belmont
    Sorceror Blathanna | Eta Carina
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not bitter but 50+ zergs against 12 or 24 people are a bit much. I think the mentality has gone beyond safety in numbers and why do we really need more than one server?
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you earths that the zerging from AD/ DC on trueflame has become out of control, and that the reason its happening is BECAUSE of the fact that you can jump campaigns. There are a few very large guilds that come to trueflame whenever the EP try to group up. They come from azuras primarily. They also "group up" in a sense that they will not fight each other untill EP has been pushed back to their gates. Once that happens, they leave TF and go back to their home campaign. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind that the guilds are giving a push back in TF. The problem is that this past campaign has been EP against BOTH FACTIONS, all the time, everytime I log in...

Secondly for you to say that you are multi faction. That's fine, and the best option for this would be to only allow one of your factions on each campaign. Wanna play EP? You play on the EP faction for azuras/ trueflame, and a different one for your DC toon. Problem I have with campaign hopping for multi faction toons, is that you relay /Z chat to you "buddies" in DC/AD because you have more faction pride in them than EP. I've been in the sewers before where I found three tri-faction players dueling. I didn't even think that the EP player stealthed out next to me would u stealth, and throw a siege bubble on me. Seconds later I was face to face with two enemies from opposing factions, who beat the "Breath of Life" out of me. That was small scale...i KNOW that the two guilds of AD and DC on azuras work together to beat EP on a large scale. You should not be allowed to be on the same campaign as you enemy character. Period. It causes too much BS. Does my EP guild now have to find a guild from AD to work with to beat out DC? I shouldn't. I should "hate" AD/DC. When I see their players I kill them, questers, low levels, farmers, raid groups...I do NOT WORK TACTICS WITH ENEMY FACTIONS. To allow such I bad design.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, a zerg does not mean a group of coordinated players of 24, fighting any number of other players. A zerg is any MORE than 24 coordinated or not. 50 players running around in two raid groups at the same keep is zerging. They are guaranteed the win. Running 24 is not zerging, you are not guaranteed the fight. And what earths is talking about is from the perspective of one full raid group (24) EP, up against two factions full raid groups. Its not just DC raid group playing fairly and evenly matched, its that in order to beat us, they have had to call on AD to help them, because their leads are "buddies". They bring both guilds into the fight and work together...thats the issue. That why TF is lost from EP this campaign. Non faction/ campaign loyal a$$ holes who aren't in it to win, but smash a guild their leads don't like. I'm sorry...i put all the guild drama behind me, I am in the fight to win the campaign. I like fat paychecks at the end of the campaigns.
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have heard some comments from folks in PVP about how limiting people to campaigns would, "ruin their fun". I understand they like easy mode. I get that! There is something pleasurable for people who zerg with 50+ people without needing to really fight for any length of time. They can then get on the forums and brag about how good they are. But when someone asks for limiting campaigns, getting rid of exploits, or requiring some semblance of good character, they stand up and scream about how that would 'ruin their fun'. But what about the other folks who have fun by really playing the game as it was intended? What about their fun? Just because they don't scream as loudly as the others are they any less significant to the game?

I saw a funny thing in zone the other day. Someone had come over from another faction and was crying in zone about how EP was PVdooring because EP was going after their own EP scroll. DC or AD, can't remember which, had placed it in a home/back keep. I found it funny. Basically, I realized that these people were qq-ing because we were actually trying to play the game and it interrupted what they had planned. lol An EP member wrote in zone the best thing I've heard all week....

"Having a whine-burger and some French cries, are we?"

Yes, TrueFlame has died. It is sad to see but it's a fact. EP cannot step outside to regain any ground with any number size of groups. If we come out with 5, they respond with 10. If we come out with 10, they respond with 20. No matter how large the group size, they will always double it and come out with more.

However, the statement is always made, "Well, we only have 9 in our group." (Or 12). And if you look on the videos they post, it is true...they only have 9 or 12 in group. However, if you look closely, they do not speak of the 25, 30, 40+ people that they are running along side with.

Let's assume that you are the best players on the server/game. If that is so, they why would limiting yourselves to a single server ruin your fun? Can you not smash every other team if you are that good? Why run with such large numbers? If you truly are the best, then why play like that?
  • hakunamatadab16_ESO2
    Good question.
    Pooklon
    VR16 Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Healer - Sly's Wolf Pact

http://brotherhoodswp.enjin.com/
  • HenryIvan
    HenryIvan
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS please put a stop to Faction Jumpers it is an exploit to farm ap and nothing more the ppl who jump factions have no loyalty to 1 faction and its not just individuals doing this it is whole guilds jumping from 1 faction to another within the same campaign there are ppl who have characters on all 3 faction leaderboards how is this fair it is clearly an exploit and those who are doing this should be banned! if you say there is nothing wrong with faction jumping then we all should jump to the faction with highest population but if we did that we would only have npc's to fight and I doubt ZOS intended on that so clearly this is an exploit and those who are exploiting should be reported and/or banned
  • outsideworld76
    outsideworld76
    ✭✭✭
    Server jumping is fine, it adds dynamics to the game. That's just my opinion.
  • DjKahun
    DjKahun
    ✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    I'm not bitter but 50+ zergs against 12 or 24 people are a bit much. I think the mentality has gone beyond safety in numbers and why do we really need more than one server?

Nothing wrong with 50+ zerg if you got a couple good organized players defending the keep you can beat them easily and get nice defensive tick
    ~ Snowborn ~ Ebonheart Loyals ~
    V16 - Stamina Templar - Nord [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]
    V16 - Magicka Sorcerer - Dark Elf [PS4-EU][Ebonheart Pact]