Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions About Marriage in ESO

Bones_PXOXM
1. I have heard that in ESO polygamy is possible so question one would be is that true? I would assume if I bought more than one of the "Pledges of Mara" from the crown store I could give them to different people but I wanted to be sure the game doesn't some how prohibit this.

2. Question two is since you have two ring slots can you have rings of Mara on both hands and then group up with both wives for double the xp bonus? or does the game only give the boost for one of the rings and one of the partners?

3. I've also heard the ring of Mara's bonus stacks with the bonuses included in having an ESO membership, I'm pretty sure that one is true but can someone confirm?
  • Asherons_Call
    Asherons_Call
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Can I group up with both wives"

Lol

Wouldn't that be a little awkward though?
    Edited by Asherons_Call on December 21, 2015 7:52PM
  • CavalierPrime
    CavalierPrime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ring of Mara is worse than v16 imperial city jewelry. Your stats will suffer. You can also gay marry in this game which you never alluded to or implied. Also if you need some Psijic Ambrosia just LMK. I have extras.
  • Bones_PXOXM
    "Can I group up with both wives"

Lol

Wouldn't that be a little awkward though?

Not if you're a polygamist. I'm pretty sure those guys don't keep their wives in separate rooms at all times+ group adventures can be uh, well think about, if they're both cool with it, it could be a lot of fun... just use your imagination LoL
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Yep. Polygamy is OK with Mara. Marry away!
    2. Yep. 20% buff. Adventure away!
    3. Yep. 30% buff. Level away!
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • Bones_PXOXM
    Ring of Mara is worse than v16 imperial city jewelry. Your stats will suffer. You can also gay marry in this game which you never alluded to or implied. Also if you need some Psijic Ambrosia just LMK. I have extras.

I'm no where near getting any of that stuff and neither are any of the people I play with but thanks for the info.
  • Bones_PXOXM
    Gidorick wrote: »
    1. Yep. Polygamy is OK with Mara. Marry away!
    2. Yep. 20% buff. Adventure away!
    3. Yep. 30% buff. Level away!

Thank you.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's where I got that info :smile:
    Paulington wrote: »
    Paulington wrote: »
    Does Mara recognize polygamous relationships? Could a person adventure with two players to whom they have been pledged and receive Mara's blessing from both pledges?
    I2j3MA1.jpg?1

In other words: Do Rings of Mara stack?

You can do this already @Gidorick.

You (Person A) buys a scroll and marries person B. Person B buys a scroll and marries Person A (you). You end up with two rings that stack to give a 20% bonus.

So it actually works @Paulington ? I haven't been able to find someone to actually verify that it actually works.

It does work, its how I did grinding with my partner who also plays. With scroll, ESO+ and 2x Mara you get an 80% XP bonus.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!