The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Huge latency AGAIN

magnusthorek
magnusthorek
✭✭✭✭✭
Current status: Huge latency AGAIN. More than 700 and peaks of 999+ (who knows how much it really is). Another huge "maintenances" and the game seems to get worst and worst.

Attacks taking seconds to be performed while enemy keeps hitting, degrading armor, killing and forcing us to waste time or soul gems. Containers won't open, activator don't activate, HP drop very quickly without any monster/enemy around and all of sudden 4 or 5 appear at once... and this to be brief.

I really wish this issue to be fixed BEFORE another DLC is released
Edited by magnusthorek on December 21, 2015 7:12PM
I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • kevinc1_ESO
    kevinc1_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I also can not play do to latency. Any task - even looking at a bookcase - takes 5 - 8 seconds. Tried to use a trader - can not. Tried to use the woodworking station (in Daggerfall) - logged out w/o opening the work on items menu. Wort latency I have seen in game so far - have been playing about 2 months, no changes in isp, pc, or software, all testing I have done shows my worst latency (in the US) to CA, approx. 60ms - so - appear to be no problems on my end. Either there is a bandwidth problem where the server is located, or at the server itself I believe.
    I hope someone reads this, checks for problems at the server end and informs us all.
  • pogopwns_ESO
    pogopwns_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm playing from central California, and I can't stay logged in for more than 5 minutes before I get kicked to the login screen. that 5 minutes of gameplay is @700-4k latency. What's the deal? I have a friend in Las Vegas playing right now with no lag at all.
  • ThePMSBeast
    ThePMSBeast
    ✭✭
    Got the same issue alllll day. Log in , get huge lag especially when trying to open doors or anything else like that. Then i just get kicked to loading screen. Now it says I cannot connect at all. I did all the fixes, DNS dumping , Repairing, remove addons etc etc . Game was FINE earlier, now it's trashed . It's not my ISP and i can play other high frame rate games easily with no lag , so it's not on my end. I really like the game, but if this continues i won't be subbing , not worth it when i can't even play the game.
    Edited by ThePMSBeast on December 22, 2015 3:42AM
    " I know from righteous, I know from sin. I got two sides, and they both friends "
  • pogopwns_ESO
    pogopwns_ESO
    ✭✭✭
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea, my game is now unplayable starting today when I first logged in. The input lag and people rubber banding all over the place is horrible. I never thought lag would be the reason for me to finally quit ESO.
    Edited by Justice31st on December 22, 2015 5:28AM
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a software engineer and, not trying to offend, but if I was, I would try to fix this issue asap.

One thing that could help IMHO is a way for us to hide those items bought from Crown Store. Why should care if my team mate is dancing with a wedding dress? I rather see him with his ugly, bad colored armor than not be able to use my own commands

Right now I finished vWGT again. Against the Inhibitor, the hardest fight in the whole dungeon, I just couldn't attack him... her... it? o.O

Yesterday, in Reaper's March with my NB, I couldn't collect a simple skyshard. There were NO ONE around and I had to logoff twice hoping to hop in a different instance of the world so I could proceed.

Worst! My timezone is awful for group playing. It's very difficult to find a good team online. And I can't play in the "better hours", when it's night where I live, because the vast majority of players on the northern part of the globe are online because it's early morning for them and thus, a huge latency again.
    Edited by magnusthorek on December 22, 2015 5:26PM
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • Epiphany
    Epiphany
    ✭✭
    I've been getting huge FPS swings since this week's maintenance. Under the best of circumstances, I can maintain 85-100 FPS and about 100 ping. However, after this week's maintenance, my FPS is all over the place, constantly changing from lows of 1 to highs of 100. In the Orsinium bank, just standing still, things aren't so bad (swings between 50-100 FMS). But once I start moving, the swings become more pronounced and reach their worst once I exit the bank into Orsinium proper. I used to have a similar problem prior to the recent update that addressed slow loading screens, and things improved significantly after that update. But now, all of a sudden, the FPS issues have returned. I just checked my download and upload speeds and they are fine (~85 down and ~6.5 up and 6 ping).
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Latency still high while the volume of players online is drastically low, at least on DC (very hard to find groups for pledges). And now, all of sudden, game freezes and boots without even give a message with the reason.

FPS is fine, it's normal to have some drops i crowded or very detailed places. This is more client-side than server side, but latency is not something we can patch up.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Figures, I have a game day for the first time in a month, and I can't play.....: face desk :
  • Fluffyfluseb16_ESO
    Fluffyfluseb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    have ping about 9000 and than crashed the game, can log in after the crash
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm Barry, ESO is Wesley and the letters are my new forehead tattoo:

lbdiMR8.gif