Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Roadmap, 1 to vr16

Dantonian_Rarstiana
Hello, I have a relatively simple question. What is the road map for leveling from 1 to vr16?
I know 1 to 50 is still just do the quests like a traditional thempark MMO.
But I stopped doing VR content shortly after Craglorn came out..
To me, vr1 - vr8 was spent doing the other factions "objective quests" (the side quests gave zero xp).
Then I spent vr8 to vr10 grinding mobs because there wasnt enough quest xp at the time to get you to vr 10.
Then Craglorn came out, increased the cap to vr12 and I went from vr10 to vr12 doing the Craglorn group/raid events...

What is the current road map?
At vr1 do you still play though the other factions, or is that optional now?
How do the DLC's fit into the picture?
Is it possible to solo your way to vr16, or will you require a lot of group content like Craglorn?

Thanks.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, id go do the Imperial City questline and the Wrothgar questline, that would surely get you a long way or all the way to v16, specially if you do some sewer grind to get good loot (telvar) in IC.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana
    olsborg wrote: »
    Personally, id go do the Imperial City questline and the Wrothgar questline, that would surely get you a long way or all the way to v16, specially if you do some sewer grind to get good loot (telvar) in IC.

So at vr1, you do the quest line in the imperial city? Is it a solo quest line, or is it all group content?
    Is it the same with Wrothgar? A standard zone with quests, or is it all group based "Adventure Zones"?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At vet 1 I do silver till I get to third faction zone then hit up the best grind spot on the game IMO until 6. Finish silver then another grind spot (wayshrine from guildie) for a while then go to another an alternate between the two depending on how busy they are.

At vet 14 spot a is no good so do spot b until 15, then smash to 16 in a Cyrodiil delve (almost as good as crackwood and NOBODY else has been there when I have
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    At vet 1 I do silver till I get to third faction zone then hit up the best grind spot on the game IMO until 6. Finish silver then another grind spot (wayshrine from guildie) for a while then go to another an alternate between the two depending on how busy they are.

At vet 14 spot a is no good so do spot b until 15, then smash to 16 in a Cyrodiil delve (almost as good as crackwood and NOBODY else has been there when I have

this literally confused the [snip] out of me.

Here's what is going on from my point of view.
    My girlfriend was interested in playing the game with me, so we are slowly leveling characters together. I'm not really interested in the fasted face pounding brick wall way of getting to vr16. All I want to know is what is the intended progression? What did the devs of the game intend for me to do to rank up? Silver, then Gold, then IC? no more Adventure Zone content from Craglorn? It all gets fuzzy. What are we suppose to do?

[Moderator Note: Edited per our rules on Cursing & Profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Brett on December 22, 2015 9:16AM
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Considering the VR of the mobs, it's intended as such:
    Silver > Gold > Craglorn > Imperial City

Wrothgar can be done at pretty much any level since your stats are increased to VR15, so...
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana
    Asmael wrote: »

Wrothgar can be done at pretty much any level since your stats are increased to VR15, so...

Thanks for the clear response :)
    So if Wrothgar scales you, I could theoretically go Silver > Gold > Wrothgar > Imperial City?
    Assuming we want to keep questing just the two of us as long as possible?
    Is Imperial City all group content like Craglorn? Or is it built like a normal zone?
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »

Thanks for the clear response :)
    So if Wrothgar scales you, I could theoretically go Silver > Gold > Wrothgar > Imperial City?
    Assuming we want to keep questing just the two of us as long as possible?
    Is Imperial City all group content like Craglorn? Or is it built like a normal zone?

Silver > Gold > Wrothgar > Imperial City is probably best for solo / duos.

IC was meant for groups of 4 players (or at least it was stated so). You do have a main quest, which requires you to go to each of the 6 districts (1 quest each), and while 4 of those are solo-able, 1 is doable in duo (arena), the last one (temple district) is pretty tough and will probably require a group of 4.

Multiple packs of mobs in IC are quite dangerous to take on solo (especially considering the ganking factor), so, overall, a good duo can work pretty well.

When it comes to the sewers, a duo is also pretty nice.

The daily quests available after completing the main quest are all solo-able.

Personal tip: if you don't usually PvP and decide to go to Imperial City, do NOT try to fight a PvPer, even 2 on 1, because you'll get destroyed.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Dantonian_Rarstiana
    Thanks Asmael, That answers all my questions.