Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which builds better?

seipher09
seipher09
✭✭✭✭
I am strictly solo PVE based, I was curious which build would be better of the two for solo pve.

Option 1. Stamina Nightblade, dual wield
Skills.
Killers Blade, Ambush, Swallow Soul (sap essence will replace later levels) as main skills (other 2 undecided at the moment)

Option 2. Magicka Templar. Dual wield
Skills
Puncturing Sweep, Blazing Spear, Vampires Bane, Rushed Ceremony

I was curious of the pros and cons vs those two. I currently do not have a NB only a templar. Issue I am running into with my templar at the moment is the puncturing sweep damage doesnt seem that great even though the healing is nice. But Strife seems to be a great heal until I get Sap Essence which seems to be a great heal, and even better damage then say whirlwind.
  • ForlornBeliever
    It pretty much depends on how you personally build them. Armor/enchantments and the Champion Point system can easily change how effective a character is. I've got both a Magicka Templar and Stamina Nightblade but the only one who I've put significant progress into is my NB, however, ky Templar does seem to be having an easier time. Of course, she also has a crap ton of champion points boosting her whereas my NB did not back at the beginning.
    Leader of the Bloodborne Rogues. Werewolf looking for a pack or want to be a werewolf? Or just looking for teammates to take on Tamriel's baddies? Feel free to message me if you have questions or are interested in joining. Xbox One/NA Server
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I feel the NB is more fun to play. But a s a Templar you'll probably stay alive easier. My personal choice would be the NB
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    I feel the NB is more fun to play. But a s a Templar you'll probably stay alive easier. My personal choice would be the NB

Really even with sap essence? That's a real bummer.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    seipher09 wrote: »

You can stay alive easy enough with Swallow soul/sap essence. You just don't have an instant, burst heal so you're forced to use a resto (Vigor for stam, but that requires a decent chunk of pvp. Without rally from two handed still line is decent in pvp)

I also notice you'll be running magica and stamina skills. Early on it's fine, but you'll really struggle later on. Hybrid builds have no real place in the game currently.

Like Swallow soul and sap essence won't give much healing if you have a lot of attributes towards dual wield, as it heals based on damage. The stam morph alternative to sap essence doesn't heal I don't think
    Edited by Brrrofski on December 21, 2015 4:51PM
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    seipher09 wrote: »

You can stay alive easy enough with Swallow soul/sap essence. You just don't have an instant, burst heal so you're forced to use a resto (Vigor for stam, but that requires a decent chunk of pvp. Without rally from two handed still line is decent in pvp)

I also notice you'll be running magica and stamina skills. Early on it's fine, but you'll really struggle later on. Hybrid builds have no real place in the game currently.

Like Swallow soul and sap essence won't give much healing if you have a lot of attributes towards dual wield, as it heals based on damage. The stam morph alternative to sap essence doesn't heal I don't think

Right right, later levels id be doing all the stamina morphs.

What I'm really curious about while leveling what do I use to kill things? After siphon, ambush, how do I get enemy to 25% health?