Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How does one go about locating the mysterious Imperial motif?

Varen_Aquilarios
I've been looking for the imperial motif for a while with no luck, checked every guild store in the dominion, finding, 1, for 49,000. And was wondering if anybody knows where to obtain these (without having to grind for 2 years just to get that amount of cash)?
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Haha i would buy it for 49
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They come from any location a blue motif can come from, just at a very very low chance.

So you need to find somewhere with a lot of containers/backpacks/night stands etc. and relog farm the containers.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've found most of my motifs in backpacks and drawers, including rare ones, so basically my advice would be to thoroughly check every object you can "search" whenever you enter a new area. I don't think there's a quick solution to finding motifs, it's all luck - sometimes I find several in a week, other times I might not see one for a month.

Even if you don't find it, if you keep selling everything you find you should be able to get the money eventually. Selling things through a guild store might help.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Islyn
    Islyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crown Store. Ta Daaaa.
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found an Imperial motif the last hour of the last day of the last beta weekend before launch at the college housing on Auridon (March 2014 I believe it was)...the next one I found in mid 2015 in the Dwemer ruin in Stonefalls. Others have found them the first week playing like one of the people in my guild, he was like, "So I found this Imperial Motif thing, is it worth anything?" At the time they were averaging around 70k gold. You just never know long it will take to find one so keep looking. My friend Larz has never found one and we both played from the beta until now, she paid 42k for hers from someone selling it in zone chat.
    Edited by Jennifur_Vultee on December 19, 2015 9:47AM
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found it only the once in a desk in the bank in Reaper's March in Cadwell's Silver. Check everything is the only way to give yourself a chance at finding it.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Islyn wrote: »
    Crown Store. Ta Daaaa.

ZOS approves of this answer, and only this one!
  • BabeestorGor
    BabeestorGor
    ✭✭✭✭
    49k was a good price. It still seems to sell for 60-70k and ocasionally people ask for even more.
    I found mine at level 10 in someone's house. Just luck. Keep trying and you should get it eventually.
    Babeester Gor is the Axe Goddess, the Implacable Anger, the Avenging Daughter and the Earth Guardian.
    Vriddi gra-Yildnarz, Dragonknight and Smith
    Myrvanwe, Sorcerer and Enchanter
    Tsajirra, Nightblade and Clothier
    Vilvyni Indarys, Dragonknight and Woodworker
    Arielle Alouette, Templar and Provisioner
    Fishes in Troubled Waters, Nightblade and Alchemist
    Shanika Some Long Title I'd Change If I Could, Templar and Aspirant Jeweller
    Pippi Longhorn, Nightblade, Ne'er-do-well, and "Tribute" character
    EU PC.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Over 100k on console. I've never found one and 1300hrs in..
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    You do not.....IT does find you!
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be easier to grind the cash than to find it yourself unless you are one lucky SOB
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found mine by randomly checking a backpack when the group was changing skills for the engine guardian in Darkshade. Oh, and I got a Divines Engine Guardian helm... It was a good day.
    Edited by Luigi_Vampa on December 19, 2015 7:59PM
    PC/EU DC