The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Looking for Like-Minded Vampires (NA DC CP)

MornaBaine
MornaBaine
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
If you play your vampire...

with an awareness that being DISCOVERED to be a vampire by the populace would go VERY BADLY for you and might actually result in your death

with the knowledge that casually killing people and drinking their blood WILL eventually lead to dangerous hysteria and so your vampire actually takes pains to obscure their handiwork

with the idea that killing "innocent" folk will lead to same and so, whether from a sense of morality or just simple self-preservation, you choose for prey bandits and other lowlifes who prey upon regular folks, thus performing something of a public service

with the idea that enslaving people with your vampiric powers is probably, in general at least, a bad idea and should only be engaged in very sparingly if at all

with a propensity for killing "out of the coffin" vampires or vampires who are just outright sloppy in order to preserve your own secrecy

with the habit of wiping out bloodfiends whenever they are encountered because those abominations give the rest of us a bad name and whip up hysteria

Then your vampire is the kind of vampire the vampires of Gawad Du would like to meet and potentially form alliance with. Please PM me if you are interested in knowing more. Or, check out our website at House Gawad Du
PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• mystic_gc525
    Cool guild, I would join but my character doesn't really fit... a Redguard nature clerical type templar with the sacred mission of purging all darkness and evil from Tamriel... maybe we could have some interesting role play scenarios anyway... let me know if you think of any or want to play!

PSN mystic_gc525
    Char: Atmun Yzir
    PS4 NA
    PSN: Mystic_gc525
    Atmun Yzir - LVL 41 Templar Battle Mage
    Roshan Solas - LVL 32 Dragon Knight Spell Sword
    Theodastyr Arc'hantael LVL 10 Sorcerer Spell Sword
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool guild, I would join but my character doesn't really fit... a Redguard nature clerical type templar with the sacred mission of purging all darkness and evil from Tamriel... maybe we could have some interesting role play scenarios anyway... let me know if you think of any or want to play!

PSN mystic_gc525
    Char: Atmun Yzir

I'm guessing by your gamer tag that you are a console player. We are a PC guild. But here's hoping you guys get text chat some day!

• Arshiya
    Arshiya
    ✭✭
    Awh sadly I decided to stay on EU after having a long chat with my guild master.
    I am well aware that there is no need to feed that often. I just want to. Amy.
    Otherwise I play on PC platform on EU.
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would join in a second if you guys were EP. :/
  • Arshiya
    Arshiya
    ✭✭
    Mmmm I know I said this but I can play on both servers right?
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arshiya wrote: »
    Yes you can have characters in all 3 factions. But you can only be on either the EU or NA server, not both.

• Arshiya
    Arshiya
    ✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Yes you can have characters in all 3 factions. But you can only be on either the EU or NA server, not both.

Wait wait wait, so if I switch from EU to NA I cannot switch back?

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

Wait wait wait, so if I switch from EU to NA I cannot switch back?

Honestly I have no idea how that works or if you can just do it at will and have all your characters transferred back and forth.

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have 8 character slots on EU and 8 slots on NA. They are separate from each other.

PS I think you meant the title to be RP rather than CP. I came looking for champion point discussion :/
    Edited by Curragraigue on January 9, 2016 12:11AM
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have 8 character slots on EU and 8 slots on NA. They are separate from each other.

Ah, cool. I had no idea! LOL How difficult is it to switch back and forth between EU and NA?

• Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not difficult at all. You just select which server you want before logging in.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Arshiya
    Arshiya
    ✭✭
    Yes I meant if I can switch to NA server and then back to EU on a whim, didn't ask about character transfer:)
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not difficult at all. You just select which server you want before logging in.

Ah cool. I had no idea!

• Arshiya
    Arshiya
    ✭✭
    So I started also on NA though, my dlcs are not avaliable only on EU but nevermind, it lags tad more but it is still playable.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I started also on NA though, my dlcs are not avaliable only on EU but nevermind, it lags tad more but it is still playable.

Look forward to hearing from you then! :)

• Arshiya
    Arshiya
    ✭✭
    Dammit I have sooo many ideas how could vampires be improved for rp, but alas it is an mmo.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dammit I have sooo many ideas how could vampires be improved for rp, but alas it is an mmo.

Don't be too discouraged. I've seen people do some wonderfully creative things with vamps via RP. ZOS may impose some ridiculous limitations on vampires via the game but they are not at liberty to impose those same limitations on our imaginations.

• Arshiya
    Arshiya
    ✭✭
    Yes well first of all I was dissapointed that in-game vampires treated me like I wasn't one of them, so a bit of recognition would be fine. That's the main issue to be honest. But I understand that in mmo you can't have all those beautiful overhauls you are used to enjoy in singleplayer.
    Edited by Arshiya on January 15, 2016 12:05PM
  • Lokryn
    Lokryn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes well first of all I was dissapointed that in-game vampires treated me like I wasn't one of them, so a bit of recognition would be fine. That's the main issue to be honest. But I understand that in mmo you can't have all those beautiful overhauls you are used to enjoy in singleplayer.

If ZoS had a little bit of forethought, they could have easily done this. All they had to do was have the game do a check when you click on the NPC for whether or not you're a vampire or werewolf and then have the NPC go down a different path in the dialog. From a programming perspective, it's no different than having a IF/THEN statement in the code. They already have attributes related to the characters race, name etc. that are used in the dialogue. This is why I believe that the decision for players to be able to become vampires/werewolves was made later in the development process when a lot of the content was already created. It's very frustrating because it breaks immersion. I hope they learn from this going forward with the DLCs.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokryn wrote: »

If ZoS had a little bit of forethought, they could have easily done this. All they had to do was have the game do a check when you click on the NPC for whether or not you're a vampire or werewolf and then have the NPC go down a different path in the dialog. From a programming perspective, it's no different than having a IF/THEN statement in the code. They already have attributes related to the characters race, name etc. that are used in the dialogue. This is why I believe that the decision for players to be able to become vampires/werewolves was made later in the development process when a lot of the content was already created. It's very frustrating because it breaks immersion. I hope they learn from this going forward with the DLCs.

I reallllly hope there will one day BE DLC that focuses on vampires and werewolves and not just from a "Let's hunt those evil monsters!" perspective.

• Arshiya
    Arshiya
    ✭✭
    Aaactually, not sure if it was my imagination, but Valeric's father seems to recognize if you are a vampire, but perhaps it was an illusion. Also leveling is kinda slow as I haven't much time these days, hopefully it changes soon.
    Edited by Arshiya on January 15, 2016 11:24PM