Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Console: Where to choose Normal or Vet in Maelstrom

Purdomination33
Purdomination33
✭✭✭
Playing on Xbox One, V16. As the subject states, how do I know 1. if Maelstrom is set at Veteran or Normal and 2. how do I go about switching between the two? Currently stalled at Stage 7. Those stupid swarming spiders always get me with their venomous bites or whatever. Just can't keep them controlled long enough and can't kill them quickly enough.

Searched forums and online for the answer but could not find one. Only answer I found had to do with the group finder.

Thanks for the help.
Mediocre AD StamDK.
BiS wine drinker.
Award winning dog owner.
Disappointing husband.
  • RAGUNAnoOne
    RAGUNAnoOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Social -> group there should be a part that says normal or veteran that is what changes that it is the same thing as with group dungeons.
    PS4 NA
    Argonian Master Race

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

Support Tail armor and tail ribbons: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/236333/concept-tail-armor-for-beast-races#latest
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/246134/request-dyeable-tail-ribbons
  • eNumbra
    eNumbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Playing on Xbox One, V16. As the subject states, how do I know 1. if Maelstrom is set at Veteran or Normal and 2. how do I go about switching between the two? Currently stalled at Stage 7. Those stupid swarming spiders always get me with their venomous bites or whatever. Just can't keep them controlled long enough and can't kill them quickly enough.

In the group finder window you'll be able to switch between Normal and Veteran dungeon modes, you can't do this while in the Maelstrom area though, you have to be outside it completely.

As for how to tell which you're in? You'll know. Oh, you'll know the second battle starts.
  • Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the confirmation. Hoped I was on Vet mode as I cannot get past stage 7 final boss. However it is on normal mode.
    Any tips? The spiders alwaysh gang up and kill me. The yellow areas disappear when I need them most! Am I supposed to kill the horvar's in the area of the yellow posts to open them up? What if there are none to kill? Can you pro something to preserve them until Stage 4 and Final Round?

Resource management is freaking difficult as a Stan DK. Dodge Roll + most attack skills being stamina based make it very difficult.
    Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    I would youtube it for a DK- should be a video up there. Every class will be different but DK will be hard mode..
    GL
  • pronkg
    pronkg
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the confirmation. Hoped I was on Vet mode as I cannot get past stage 7 final boss. However it is on normal mode.
    Any tips? The spiders alwaysh gang up and kill me. The yellow areas disappear when I need them most! Am I supposed to kill the horvar's in the area of the yellow posts to open them up? What if there are none to kill? Can you pro something to preserve them until Stage 4 and Final Round?

Resource management is freaking difficult as a Stan DK. Dodge Roll + most attack skills being stamina based make it very difficult.

You have to keep using the Horvars to get rid of the spiderwebs on the pillars by either killing one next to a pole or killing one and throw the poison on the pillars.

I suggest mastering to taunt them and kill them next to the poles. Throwing the poison takes to much time and in veteran mode a split second can save your life anytime.

Also once in a while a spider will spawn next to te poles to reapply spiderwebs. Kill them in time.

Just don't miss the Horvars it's best to use every single one that spawns.