Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Writs!!!!!

tonyglissonb14_ESO
tonyglissonb14_ESO
✭✭✭
Why if i get a writ in Craglorn I am then forced to go to Wrothgar to turn in.

Did not pickup a Writ in Craglorn just so i could be sent elsewhere.

Picked up a Writ in Craglorn so that i might get a Craglorn survey report NOT a survey report for Wrothgar.

Or am I being unreasonable?

• OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Writ turn ins are based on your craft/consumable crafting level. If you're 9/10 in Blacksmithing, you'll be sent to Belkarth, Carglorn and survey maps obtained will be for Craglorn. If you're 10/10 in Blacksmithing, you'll be sent to Orsinium and maps will be for Wrothgar. No matter where you pick up a writ from, this will always be true. So, if you would rather only ever go to Craglorn, respec and stay 9/10, but keep in mind you won't be getting v15/v16 mats.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Ysne58
    Ysne58
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happens to the people who don't have Orsinium?
  • tonyglissonb14_ESO
    tonyglissonb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I am aware of how things are working, I am calling it crap!

I am playing a V12 templar with mostly maxed crafting skills, need traits researched and Nirncrux/Ninhoned items.

THEY are not dropping so i hoped a writ for craglorn might work guess i am wrong.
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate going to the town orsinium to turn in writs. It's so freaking confusing layout. The lev 9/10 still gives the tempers, resins, Kutas and other more rare things.
  • gw2only1b14_ESO
    gw2only1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

I am playing a V12 templar with mostly maxed crafting skills, need traits researched and Nirncrux/Ninhoned items.

THEY are not dropping so i hoped a writ for Craglorn might work guess i am wrong.

Nirh Items must be traded/bought from other players or found on a vendor finishing the quest line in Craglorn will earn you 1 random Nirh item
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nirh Items must be traded/bought from other players or found on a vendor finishing the quest line in Craglorn will earn you 1 random Nirh item

For a piece of nirnhoned crafted gear, sure, but I think OP is talking about the nirnhoned trait gem, which are obtained from harvest nodes, more commonly (though still rare), from survey maps.

THEY are not dropping so i hoped a writ for craglorn might work guess i am wrong.

It's not crap. The solution is simple and you have several options:

1. Respec back to 9/10 in your crafts
    2. Farm harvest nodes in Craglorn
    3. Purchased nirnhoned crafted gear from players Guild Traders
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Someone needs an attitude adjustment. Unless you are new to writs, you should know that it matters not where you get them. Turn in location has always been based on passive skill.

Nirn does drop. It's subject to RNG. You might get 2 in 10 minutes, or none in 12 hours. I've gotten nirn from both writs and node farming since Orsinium dropped.

I have one alt at 9/10 to farm for nirn and do Craglorn writs, and another at 10/10 to farm v15 mats in Wrothgar.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)