Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

First Anvil screenshot? [Debunked]

DaniAngione
DaniAngione
✭✭✭✭✭
EDIT:
Ok, turns out it is not Anvil :(
It's the Elsweyr Western Gate from Aldmeri Dominion in Cyrodiil.

Original Post:

Ok, ESO on Twitter just released another one of their "Million Reasons to Play" thing.
This is the link:

And this is the image:
iyYC232.jpg

Ok... I might be wrong... But when I looked at it... I don't know, my heart told me it is Anvil.

We all know Gold Coast is coming, but (as far as I know) there were no images of it yet...

But... My heart tells me this is Anvil! I feel it is!
Edited by DaniAngione on December 16, 2015 9:56PM
  • SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda looks like one of the AD Cyrodiil gates.
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Damn!
    I've never entered Cyrodiil as AD... So it could be... I must check.
    I didn't recognize it anywhere in the game (and I've been everywhere) but you're right - I've not been EVERYwhere :P I never seen the AD Cyrodiil gates :(
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no cathedral in the AD safe zone in Cyrodiil. I've never seen any area in Cyrodiil that looks like that so it may actually be a new city and it does have an Imperial feel to it based on the image. I'd guess that the Imperial soldiers behind the emperor support that its an Imperial city.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no cathedral in the AD safe zone in Cyrodiil. I've never seen any area in Cyrodiil that looks like that so it may actually be a new city and it does have an Imperial feel to it based on the image. I'd guess that the Imperial soldiers behind the emperor support that its an Imperial city.

Thanks! <3

Yes..
    Evidence:
    1. It certainly looks like an Imperial City
    2. Not really an evidence... but really sunny/bright looking environment - which fits a coastal city.
    3. Anvil had a cathedral like that in Oblivion, I think
    4. The banners are orange-ish. Anvil coat of arms was mostly orange, if I remember correctly.
    5. The tiled roofs look like Anvil's tiled roofs.
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks! <3

Yes..
    Evidence:
    1. It certainly looks like an Imperial City
    2. Not really an evidence... but really sunny/bright looking environment - which fits a coastal city.
    3. Anvil had a cathedral like that in Oblivion, I think
    4. The banners are orange-ish. Anvil coat of arms was mostly orange, if I remember correctly.
    5. The tiled roofs look like Anvil's tiled roofs.

All cathedrals were like that in oblivion, just different shades of bloom.
    The give away to colovian architecture is the circular towers and tiled roofs.

I wouldnt necessarily take all that as *proof* though, but pooey : )
  • SeventhWarlock
    Why Anvil? I wanted to see Kvatch. :( We never got to in Oblivion, not before it was all in ruins.
    "Imperials are the natives of the civilized, cosmopolitan province of Cyrodiil. Imperials are also known for the discipline and training of their citizen armies, and their respect for the rule of law." - UESP
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All cathedrals were like that in oblivion, just different shades of bloom.

Yeah, but not all cities had cathedrals and being a place I've never seen in the game) (and knowing about what is coming) it could be Anvil, that's what I meant.

I don't expect to see this Cathedral in Murkmire, for example :P
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anvil from Oblivion

s2xshs.png
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    Anvil from Oblivion

You, sir, picked a very biased sceenshot. It doesn't even show the cathedral.

Anvil from Oblivion:
    500px-Anvil.jpg

• SturgeHammer
    SturgeHammer
    ✭✭✭✭

I think there is a cathedral looking building in the background at the Western Elsweyr Gate, might have to walk out into reflecting pool and look back toward the transitus shrine to get a good view of it. But I've never seen it at the angle shown in the OP.
    Edited by SturgeHammer on December 16, 2015 9:30PM
    First-in-Line - Swings-for-Lethal
    Green-Thumb - Scale-Factor
    Hist-Tree-Major - A-Late-One
    Needs-Some-Help - Dead-Last
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think there is a cathedral looking building in the background at the Western Elsweyr Gate, might have to walk out into reflecting pool and look back toward the transit is shrine to get a good view of it. But I've never seen it at the angle shown in the OP.

Looking at the map in-game, it really seems to fit the screenshot :(
    I have no AD character above level 10, though, so I can't check myself.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anvil from Oblivion

You, sir, picked a very biased sceenshot. It doesn't even show the cathedral.

Anvil from Oblivion:
    500px-Anvil.jpg

More about the architecture rather than the cathedral.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More about the architecture rather than the cathedral.

Aww, my bad.
    I thought you were trolling... like trying to argue that Anvil doesn't even look like that/has a cathedral/etc :P
    Sorry! :neutral:
  • Elebeth
    Elebeth
    ✭✭✭
    Western Elsweyr Gate:

latest?cb=20150819065316
    "I don't recall using teleportation, and yet there I was. Alone. Naked." Morrowind
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elebeth wrote: »
    Western Elsweyr Gate:

latest?cb=20150819065316

Awwww :(

Damn!
  • Elebeth
    Elebeth
    ✭✭✭
    Western Elsweyr Gate:

latest?cb=20150819065316

Awwww :(

Damn!

I know... I got hyped for a moment, too.
    At first I got confused why there are no towers in-front of the cathedral but then realized that the trees are hiding them :P
    So... Yep; that just a Western Elsweyr gate, unfortunately.
    "I don't recall using teleportation, and yet there I was. Alone. Naked." Morrowind
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first I got confused why there are no towers in-front of the cathedral but then realized that the trees are hiding them :P

I was even levelling an AD toon to make sure... Got to level 8 :P

• Elebeth
    Elebeth
    ✭✭✭

I was even levelling an AD toon to make sure... Got to level 8 :P

Only thing I leveled was my Googling xD
  • Spacemonkey
    Spacemonkey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    darn it..... i had all my hopes up for absolutely no reason
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh well. At some stage we'll be roaming around the Gold Coast/Anvil. Kvatch/Colovian highlands. Hopefully Skingrad, Cheydihal, Leyawiin, etc.
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh well. At some stage we'll be roaming around the Gold Coast/Anvil. Kvatch/Colovian highlands. Hopefully Skingrad, Cheydihal, Leyawiin, etc.

Cheydinhal is in the game already :)

And Kvatch/Anvil are announced for one of the upcoming DLCs, that's why I figured it could've been it.

• phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Cheydinhal is in the game already :)

And Kvatch/Anvil are announced for one of the upcoming DLCs, that's why I figured it could've been it.

Knew Anvil & Kvatch were in upcoming dlc. Can't recall seeing Cheydinhal in game. Probably because pvp is not my thing (just looked it up).
  • Elebeth
    Elebeth
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah; since it's extremely unlikely that they will be changing anything with current Cyrodiil (PvP) map, we are forever left with current state of Cheydinhal, Bruma, Chorrol and forever locked out of Bravil.

As mentioned above, we are getting Anvil and Kvatch in upcoming DLCs and Skingrad might or might not be a part of them (depends on how they sort out the geography of new zones).

That leaves us with only Leyawiin.
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah; since it's extremely unlikely that they will be changing anything with current Cyrodiil (PvP) map, we are forever left with current state of Cheydinhal, Bruma, Chorrol and forever locked out of Bravil.

As mentioned above, we are getting Anvil and Kvatch in upcoming DLCs and Skingrad might or might not be a part of them (depends on how they sort out the geography of new zones).

That leaves us with only Leyawiin.

Well, they might change something in the future :)
    Some games (like Lotro) did change their PVP zones before even years after release.
    I guess that one day we might get into Bravil (even if it's not part of a PVP area and we only get there by boat, for example) and I'm certain the cities outside the current area of Cyrodiil will be featured sometime.

As for the ones we have now... I do like them, although they're a bit ruined by war, they're very nice. Cheydinhal layout is pretty similar to Oblivion's, for example, however smaller (as if the city has grown in the 800 years after ESO).

I do not like Bruma much, though... It looks like a generic nord town =/
  • Elebeth
    Elebeth
    ✭✭✭

That's exactly how Bruma should look like in ESO :p
    Even in Oblivion it was "generic" nord town, with the addition of the walls, castle and cathedral.
  • DaniAngione
    DaniAngione
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even in Oblivion it was "generic" nord town, with the addition of the walls, castle and cathedral.

I don't really think so :P I mean... Bruma houses in Oblivion were cool because they had kind of a mix between imperial and nord architecture (if you compare to 'pure' nord from Skyrim, for example) and in ESO they're just the common Nord homes :(

• Elebeth
    Elebeth
    ✭✭✭

I don't really think so :P I mean... Bruma houses in Oblivion were cool because they had kind of a mix between imperial and nord architecture (if you compare to 'pure' nord from Skyrim, for example) and in ESO they're just the common Nord homes :(

Well that's why I said "generic" (with " "). In Oblivion Bruma evolved in, as you say, kind of a mix between imperial and nord architecture but it still retains much of its nordic origin. Bruma is well populated with Nords and some of the npc's in Oblivion even comment on how the locals of Bruma still frown upon the cathedral and whole cyrodiilic nine divines cult.

Bruma, being originally a Nord settlement built somewhere around 1E 1167, should look like generic Nord town during ESO timeline; and I reckon that "imperialization" of the town begun somewhere after the consolidation of the Septim empire, slowly leading to Bruma we see in TES IV