Maintenance for the week of March 4:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 4
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 4, 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• NA megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EST (17:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – March 6, 5:00 UTC (12:00AM EST) - 17:00 UTC (12:00PM EST)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 6, 12:00AM EST (5:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EST (23:00 UTC)
Maintenance for the week of February 26:
• PC/Mac: No NA megaserver maintenance – March 3
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: EU megaserver for maintenance – March 3, 9:00 UTC (4:00AM EST) - 12:00 UTC (7:00AM EST)
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 3, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 7:00AM EST (12:00 UTC)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/653550/

Energy Overload Horribly Bugged?

Khaos_Bane
Khaos_Bane
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have energy overload lock as in not being able to shoot at all OR Lock on heavy attack ? It's suck a great skill but it is so bugged and terribly annoying. This has gone on for quite some time now but it seems to be happening much more frequently now.

Edited by ZOS_Icy on February 11, 2024 7:06PM
  • Leon119
    Leon119
    ✭✭✭✭
    yep, you need to time the attacks right or that happens. dont just spam the left click
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much ultimate do you have when it's happen ? If you don't have enough ultimate to use a light or heavy attack, you can't shoot and the game don't toggle of the ultimate by himself, you have to do it manually.
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you know if this intended or if ZoS has acknowledged it ?

Thanks for any info
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes it happens all the time when you spam the light attack key. The best way to fix it is to snap a quick block and then it will be normal again.

It has definitely gotten worse (along with a host of other combat bugs).
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    How much ultimate do you have when it's happen ? If you don't have enough ultimate to use a light or heavy attack, you can't shoot and the game don't toggle of the ultimate by himself, you have to do it manually.

Plenty of ultimate and I do recall the game popping out of the overload bar when I run out of ultimate.

Edited by Khaos_Bane on December 16, 2015 7:43PM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it's this old bug, sorry for you :(
    As Leon say, don't spam the attack and block when it's happen, it will fix it temporally.
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    Does anyone have energy overload lock as in not being able to shoot at all OR Lock on heavy attack ? It's suck a great skill but it is so bugged and terribly annoying. This has gone on for quite some time now but it seems to be happening much more frequently now.

Finally someone that have the same bug.Happens to me when light clicking what the toon does is it stop shooting the lightning bolts and do nothing or it suddenly start doing heavy attack even if im not holding the button.Its so frustrating having this good skill that does a lot of damage but because of this bug you may end up doing crappy damage.Fix it ZOS
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this happens to everyone

If it locks into doing your un-animated heavy attack, you have to press both triggers (on xbox) to make it stop
    N64 NA EP
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the speed of clicking doesnt actually help, i can click slower than the actual light attack speed and still randomrly get locked in heavy attack or stutter and cant attack. This bug has been around FOREVER
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the speed of clicking doesnt actually help, i can click slower than the actual light attack speed and still randomrly get locked in heavy attack or stutter and cant attack. This bug has been around FOREVER

Agreed. I tested this last night and it seems random.

• AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not limited to Energy Overload I'm afraid. Seems to affect bows and staves as well.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Samphaa
    Samphaa
    ✭✭✭
    If you are light attacking move your character forward when you shoot and backwards just after he's shot, keep moving backwards and forwards as you shoot and it'll be fine, if you just stand there it doesn't work properly, if you get stuck in a heavy animation just block and go back to light attacking.
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »

I have the issue where I can't even use my overload at all with 1k ultimate, he does the animation, but nothing happens, I have to reloadui for it to get fixed.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
  • Lithium Flower
    Lithium Flower
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happens all the time and extremely frustrating.
    Dragonknight Smith of the Lith | Rayna Dreloth
    Templar Josephine Belmont | Catherine Belmont | Irene Belmont
    Sorceror Blathanna | Eta Carina
    Nightblade Adda Vorenor

Ebonheart Pact | Daggerfall Covenant | EU | Champion Points ~ 800 | Crafter of all things
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samphaa wrote: »
    If you are light attacking move your character forward when you shoot and backwards just after he's shot, keep moving backwards and forwards as you shoot and it'll be fine, if you just stand there it doesn't work properly, if you get stuck in a heavy animation just block and go back to light attacking.

I will give this a try, thanks. I'm surprised it has been broken so long.

• Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also overload doesn't scale to stamina like it should. This ability has been clunky since launch and is in need of an overhaul.
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload has been bugged since as long as i can remember. These are the bugs i know of;

You will occasionaly go into Overload mode, but your animation will not follow. So you will still be wielding your regular weapon - but shooting the Overload attacks.

The most well know is the heavy attack. As far as i recall, this was a bug related to the sensitivity of the Hard Attack on Overload. Has never been fixed. If you get stuck in Hard Attack with Overload you need to Bash/Interrupt to cancel it.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also overload doesn't scale to stamina like it should. This ability has been clunky since launch and is in need of an overhaul.

No no no no. Don't ask for a revamp! You know that means a nerf :)

That said, I do wish they fix the light attack not going off and the getting stuck in heavy attack bugs. I've also read that power overload morph is bugged and is giving LESS damage instead of more, but I haven't bothered to respec my morphs to check this out.
    Edited by daemonios on December 17, 2015 12:20PM
  • Pitka
    Pitka
    5 years later and it's still bugged...
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Over loads the most bug skill in the game. With the lest useful morph in gameplay. O here's two more meter of low range heavy attack or 1k extra magic return.Always has been always will be. Its design flaw to make pay to win dlc classes look more appealing.
  • KapiteinBoterham
    KapiteinBoterham
    ✭✭✭
    9 years later and still bugged...
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

We have gone ahead and closed this thread down since it is rather old. Please keep in mind that sometimes it is better to create a new topic, instead of replying in one that was posted a while ago.

Thanks for your understanding.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.