The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can't log in

DODO1992
DODO1992
Soul Shriven
Hi
I bought a copy of this game on PS store (becouse of the promotion) downloaded it and can't play it! I Entered the game, selected what class etc I want to play and then I am forced to go back to the menu screen with information

"Unable to connect the game server. Please make sure you have a valid Internet connection".

Well I have a valid Internet connection, how else I would be able to download 63GB from the store?

When I'm trying to re-enter I see that my character is created but when I click on him I see an information "Requesting character load". It takes some time and then goes back to the menu with the same information.

WTF? I bought the game to play it, if you can't give me that then I want my money back....
  • shadowFOX992
    Welcome to eso.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear you are having a rough time getting online to play. There is a support article available for that error ->

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30621/kw/must have valid internet connection

I'm now going to assume you already checked all that, but double check PSN. When ESO was first released my PSN was acting up even though PS4 said it was fine *rolls eyes*. So if none of that works, send in a ticket to support, and you will likely get copy/paste response (probably telling you to go to that same link I just supplied) and it might says Status: Solved on that. If you follow through whatever they told you to do and it still won't work - reply to that ticket. The case will get reopened and someone will email you back.

If you have already put it a ticket with support, be sure to put that in your forum post so that if a support member happens to come across your post here - they can check it out.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • DODO1992
    DODO1992
    Soul Shriven
    Ekhm.... I just logged in but in the North America megaserver. So it looks like it's not problem on my side but theirs.... I want to play on European megaserver with friends not in America....

Yes I did all what is in that post. I think I will just wait until tommorow and if nothing changes I will send a ticket.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good plan. Something to note is that both (EU and NA) PS4 servers will be down for maintenance tomorrow starting at 6AM EST. Usually last a few hours so make sure you don't try during maintenance tomorrow ;)
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some players reporting connection issues tonight so it could be a bigger problem, altho I was on earlier tonight on EU server and no problems. Anyway if the issue is your end, I had regular disconnects and unable to connects when I started playing eso, putting my PS4 into the DMZ of my router fixed it for me, instructions here:
    http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/PSN-Support/How-to-put-your-PS3-or-PS4-into-a-DMZ/td-p/10655314
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah was just coming back here to mention that ESO replied to someone's tweet and said they are investigating why some players cannot login to the EU ps4 server.
  • ghostrocket73
    ghostrocket73
    Soul Shriven
    was going to say I've raised a forum post about something similar and although i can log in my friends last night were getting kicked then couldnt log back in but could on a different character. Or were getting kicked when entering particular delves etc but could then log back in....
  • Codeman1976
    Codeman1976
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Dodo, I've been having this problem ever since the Orsinium update. Just like all the others have mentioned, you can mess with your router settings, port forward, turn circles while patting your belly ( or was that pat belly and turn circles) and so on. My point is there is something wrong with this and hopefully there will be a fix. With that said I will tell you what has helped me all joking aside. I have made eight characters(not saying you need to) and I load up each character. Before I finish my last one the game finally lets me play. Also, for whatever reason I don't know, after loading and being able to stay on without being kicked I'm able to log off and back onto the character I do want to play. Anyway, I hope this helped. Even if it made you chuckle a little I would feel like I accomplished something here.
    Sincerely
    -Codeman1976
    PS4 NA
    Codeman1976