Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crown Exotic Motif requirements?

Kali
Kali
Soul Shriven
I'm just curious if exotic motifs bought from the crown store differ from in-game ones at all, especially considering the steep price. Do you still need to have the corresponding crafting skill at level 9 to use them? Or are they immediately consumable?
  • Marukeru
    Marukeru
    ✭✭
    The Rare Styles should still require the Level 9 in a craftworking (ex; Metalworking or Tailor)

However, other styles like Glass are instantly consumable. However, understand that when you buy an Exotic Style from the crown store, it will unlock ALL Motifs for that style. Where normally you must acquire individual Motifs such as Gloves, Shoulders, Swords and Maces.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For some of them, like Mercenary, you need L9 in the materials for at least one equipment line to learn the motif.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe what the others have said is true... I know when I originally bought the Exotic pack in Crown Store, my crafter didn't have L9 in ANY craft and I was still able to consume the motif packs. What would be the point of selling motifs in the store if there was a requirement to actually learn them- especially since there is absolutely no disclaimer that states "must have L9 to consume". The point of Crown Store items are not only for convenience, but also for immediate use at any level.
    CP: 1965 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    I don't believe what the others have said is true... I know when I originally bought the Exotic pack in Crown Store,

The Mat level requirements were removed for the Crown Store ones, but the Mercenary and some other Motifs are not available in the Crown Store. Mercenary absolutely requires L9 in Materials in at least one equipment line.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"