The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DLC bought works on eu server but no access on US sever

Bucky Balls
Bucky Balls
✭✭✭
I bought Orsinium and Imperical City via Crown Store and both are accessible when I play on eu server. I tried for first time to access Wrothgar on us server and it won't let me. The crown store correctly reflects my account balance but not dlc's purchased.

Anyone know of or have a solution to this? I have raised an in-game support issue. No add ons.

Thanks
  • negbert
    negbert
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think crown store purchases are only available on the server you buy them on.
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    You're kidding? Is there a faq or information somewhere?

Thnaks for replying.
  • negbert
    negbert
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's in here https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/tamrielunlimitedfaq under the heading
    Do my crowns and purchased items come with me if I switch megaservers?
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks. I read that as 'items' since pets are given as an example, not as dlc which seems to be a more comprehensive part of the game itself.

While I can see an argument for window-dressing items such as pets/costumes being on a per server basis it seems that something like a game expansion/extension, being intrinsic to the game, should be available on both servers. If this is true, that dlc's have to be bought for both servers - and I sincerely hope it is not - then this faq is quite disengenuous at best.

Thanks for the information, though, you have been very helpful and I very much appreciate you taking the time to respond.
  • Bucky Balls
    Bucky Balls
    ✭✭✭
    Oops just re-read it....and the one after:
    Does purchased downloadable content (DLC) come with me if I switch megaservers?

No. DLC purchased in the Crown Store is only available on the megaserver where it was purchased. (For example, if you buy DLC on the North American megaserver, it will only be available when playing on the North American megaserver.)

Well, I guess that's that. I'd rather assumed that the game and pretty necessary extensions such as orsinium and imperial city were/would be one time purchases, like the original game. Very sucky: (Exploitative Crown store vendor lock-in)++
  • Forztr
    Forztr
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're an ESO+ subscriber you get access to the DLC on both servers.

I think DLCs should unlock on both servers if you buy them with crowns. One of my pet hates is when they use the term account when they actually mean server.
    Edited by Forztr on December 14, 2015 2:59PM