The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

10 questions about role playing guild. I also looking for an EP roleplaying guild (PS4) (EU)

Serjustin19
Serjustin19
✭✭✭✭✭
1. What is a role playing guild exactly
2. What do I do?
3. What if I am very quiet and shy will I still be welcome to join?
4. Is it all rigth if I try roleplaying guild before I become a member?
5. Any role playing guild in (EP) (EU) (PS4) looking for members?
6. Why should I join role playing guild?
7. What are benifits? Pros? Cons?
8. I am new to roleplaying. What say you? :smiley:
9. What should I know before I start role playing?
10. Should I be very afraid? Or should I take a risk and leap off of tall Cyrodiil keeps and try it out?
Edited by Serjustin19 on December 14, 2015 7:54AM
Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    mmm...

hamlet-271x300.jpg

Edited by Prabooo on December 14, 2015 9:50AM
  • NovaMarx
    NovaMarx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. What is a role playing guild exactly?
    - An RP guild is a guild that focuses solely on role playing. This means that they host RP events, where there's usually a story, as well as the possibility for random RP and fun. A good RP guild rarely focuses on other things, so if you f.ex. want a guild where you can sell stuff then join a trade guild. (Remember, you can be in up to 5 guilds, so you can be in an RP and trade guild at the same time!)

2. What do I do?
    - All you need to do is have fun. Figure out what kind of personality your character has, and go for it. Unless told otherwise, a guild will not expect you to do much other than participate in the events every once in a while.

- Being quiet is okay. That is why it's a good idea to figure out a backstory and personality for your character beforehand. It makes it easier because you can be in character from the beginning.

- You can always join a guild and then leave it if it doesn't suit you.

5. Any role playing guild in (EP) (EU) (PS4) looking for members?
    - Sorry, I RP in AD/PC :blush: 6.

- Join if you want to make friends and have fun. Personally, I find the world becomes more immersive when I RP.

- This is best experienced for yourself, as everyone's opinion is different. Personally, I see no cons.

- Then try it out! :smiley:

- Nothing vital :wink: 10.

10. Should I be very afraid? Or should I take a risk and leap off of tall Cyrodiil keeps and try it out?
    - TRY IT :lol:
    "Feet are for walking. Hands are for hitting. Or shaking. Or waving. Sometimes for clapping."
    - M'aiq the Liar
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Serjustwhy wrote: »
    1. What is a role playing guild exactly
    A Roleplaying guild is a guild where the members focus on playing their characters in character. Different guilds will have different expectations of when to be or out of character, you should check with the guilds when applying to what this is.
    2. What do I do?
    Speak with your guild about what it is they roleplay and what's expected. The most simple rule though is when you're roleplaying you act as your character would, you can't use any player knowledge of the world an should try to speak and act as the character would.
    That will depend on the guild once again, speak with them about it and I am sure most good guilds will be fine with it and help you come out of your shell to roleplay with them at a pace you're comfortable with.
    If you hear from any guilds speak with them or look at some of the roleplay community events advertised here on the forums or other websites/forums. You can always attend a few of these to see if you're happy with them.
    You should join one if you're interested and serious about roleplaying. Roleplaying can add a whole new experience or level of content to the game which keeps you involved and interested long after you've cleared every dungeon.
    Something that goes beyond the games mechanical limits and bringing your characters to life in a way you may never have known possible. The cons are you will most likely need to put some level of time investment into understanding the worlds lore and attending events.
    Welcome to the Dark Side! This can become one of the most enjoyable hobbies you've ever taken part in and give you friendships and memories which will last years. If you expand from roleplay in ESO to pen and paper based games these can be fantastic social events with lots of laughing and raging over dice rolls.
    Take some time to learn basic roleplaying rules, like the differences between Out of Character (OoC) and In Character (IC), read some of the worlds lore and history so you have an understanding of the people and cultures. Also know that it's meant to be fun, if you find you're not enjoying it with the guild/group you're with then there is no shame in explaining that to them and walking away to find a group you work better with.
    Give it a go, you have nothing to lose and might find a new and enjoyable pass time.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."