Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Time for a little exaggeration on crafting, trade and play to get a point across.

Casdha
Casdha
✭✭✭✭✭
Since no one at ZOS seems to realize how one sided some of their decisions are with gear and materials in this game and how they are obtained, I thought I'd offer them and exaggerated idea that would give them what they seem to want.

With things in game now Like Laurels (crafting item) only obtained through Group PvE (trying to force playstyle)
Akaviri Motif vendors only available with AP (forced PvP) - at least these can be sold in the guild stores

While I could come up with more examples, on to the exaggerated suggestion.

You have 3 types of in game currency, just make the following changes:
Gold can only be obtained in Open world PvE areas
Tel Var only obtained in Group PvE dungeons
AP only obtained in PvP zones

Now make these changes:
Siege weapons can only be bought with gold
Crafting items can only be bought with AP
Traveling between locations like wayshrines or keeps cost Tel Var stones

Now you have effectively forced everyone to play every style in this game as each currency is useless in the area it is obtained.

I mean this is what you've been trying to do isn't it? Why just pick on the one or two play styles when making these choices of trying to force how we play? Just go ahead and make it fair and force it on everyone.

Yes this is a sarcastic post, but it is meant to get a point across.
Edited by Casdha on December 12, 2015 7:36PM
Proud member of the Psijic Order - The first wave - The 0.016%