The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nord Fashion

Breidr
Breidr
I really like the look of Nord armors in this game. I was a big fan of the veteran gear I saw during character creation. I knew that I wasn't going to look like that for a long time if ever, but I started to peruse the crown store and saw costumes. I thought it would be a nice way to keep a consistent look to my character, and they weren't too expensive. I did indulge in the recent crown sale and was thinking of picking a set up.

The Winterborn pack was the one I had my eye on. It has all three armor types in it, so I can wear whatever I feel like for my current role. I wanted to do a bit of research before grabbing them, however. Are they really Nordic armors, or do they just have the "viking" look to them. I couldn't find much info on the Winterborn themselves, but Orsinium is close to Nord territory.

I'm just curious if it's worth a buy for a Nord character, or if there are better options that could possibly crop up.
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Winterborn are Reachmen. They aren't quite Nords and they aren't quite Bretons. They fall somewhere in the middle. Their armor looks the way it does because they are tribal.

Now, if you want some of the Veteran Gear from the creation screen, all you have to do is go to Bleak Rock Isle and steal armor from the kiosks just outside of the main town. That's where you can get the helmet, and some other bits to that set. They will be what ever level you steal them as too!
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • Breidr
    Breidr
    I have indeed pilfered some gear, and got a sweet achieve for doing so!

I am still curious about these Reachmen though. If I was to start a Breton character, is it possible to work being a Reachmen into things. I know they are "loyal" to deadra, but are there some floating around that have gone rogue or something?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breidr wrote: »
    I have indeed pilfered some gear, and got a sweet achieve for doing so!

I am still curious about these Reachmen though. If I was to start a Breton character, is it possible to work being a Reachmen into things. I know they are "loyal" to deadra, but are there some floating around that have gone rogue or something?

There is one lady in the swamps of Glenumbra who is apparently both a Reachman (er...Reachwoman?) and a fairly decent person. She's the exception rather than the rule though.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.