Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ancestor Silk Farming with Orsinium Update

Drexilla
Drexilla
With the Orsinium update, Ancestor Silk is meant to be more accessible in Wrothgar. Although the nodes are quite scattered, somewhat rare, have NPCs nearby & all round, aren't that accessible not to mention I've already done the majority of quests in Wrothgar.

I'm sure there are alot of others experiencing the same issue with all the Vet 15-16 materials.

Anyone have any recommendations on the best way to farm Ancestor Silk? Are there people still running Imperial Sewers farming these items & is that a quicker way to get them?
  • eldermpsmithrwb17_ESO
    I think it is definitely meant to be a slow grind, i can spend and hour farming cloth exclusively and come away with a stack of void cloth and only 20-30 unrefined silk. Little bit frustrating but i understand the reasoning. I farm a bit, decon from dungeons and questing, but i ended up getting over it and bought the rest. The thought of kitting out 4v16 chars with 3 of them light armour users was too much. Coupled with the low RNG drop rates in dungeons makes for a big job to fit out with competitive gear past v14.

Writs seem to be a way of getting good refining materials, im getting a lot of gold tempers etc lately but it dwindles my mats as the drop rates for surveys is really low for me, i get enchanting ones a lot and only rarely get others.
    Selcouth Nexus V16 Templar Magika Healer/Dps
    Mrs Schadenfreude V16 Magika Sorc Dps/off heals
    Malevolent Lust v16 DK Stam Dps/tank
    Mephala's Rage v16 NB Magika Dps
    Lara Nipplestorm v16 DK Magika DPS
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with that.

I have okay luck with my Blacksmith finding Rubedite ore, but ancestor silk? Well, all I can say is the ghosts are hiding it or something.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Drexilla
    Drexilla
    I think it is definitely meant to be a slow grind, i can spend and hour farming cloth exclusively and come away with a stack of void cloth and only 20-30 unrefined silk. Little bit frustrating but i understand the reasoning. I farm a bit, decon from dungeons and questing. Coupled with the low RNG drop rates in dungeons makes for a big job to fit out with competitive gear past v14.

Amen. I spent like 3 hours in Wrothgar only to come out with about 40 silk and stacks of void cloth. I'm playing on xbox though. 10 Ancestor silk is selling for 3k. So that Vet 16 set armor seems like a mirage at this point :/
  • Carterboy254
    Carterboy254
    ✭✭
    The best way to farm silk is to go into the sewers and farm tel var stone and use them to buy silk
    Gt on Xbox One: OhMyItsSlim www.twitter.com/OhMyItsSlim www.twitch.tv/OhMyItsSlim

Hello My fellow Gaming brothers && sisters I host gameplay of all kind of games such as ESo, Battlefront, Rainbow 6 siege, 2k, COD, and many more While streaming I offer gameplay hints and tips on anything your heart desire such as combos, money making tips, fast grinds etc. I will answer all questions and absolutely love all my viewers. All I ask is that you come watch me stream from time to time and tell your friends to come watch and follow my Twitch and twitter.