Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Hireling not delivering items???

dominic.iraceb14_ESO
Maybe i misunderstood how this works, but I have so far 2/3 hirelings for Blacksmith, Wood and Clothing (2 deliveries per day).. I stopped playing Sunday night and when i signed back into my game today (Friday), i was expecting to see at least 10 emails (30 total) each from Blacksmith/Wood/Clothing.. But i only have 1 email from each of the hirelings? Did something change in the last update?

is "2x a day" real time? or game time?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2/3 points into a hireling actually means 1 package per day, but you have a better chance of receiving better/rarer items.

You need to put 3 points into hirelings to receive 2 packages per day. Also keep in mind the timer does not reset until you log into that character.

The timer is 12 hours real life time.

[EDIT] To better explain the timing.

let's say you put 3 points into unlocking the hirelings - to receive 2 packages per day.

You log in and grab your package at 8:00 am. (package one)
    You log in and grab your package at 8:05 pm (package 2)
    To get package #1 the next day, you need to log in at 8:05am or later. So let's say you didn't have a chance to log in until 8:30am.
    Now package#2 won't be available until 8:30pm.

Oh yeah. They don't automatically come. You have to log in and grab them to reset the timer to get your next package. You can't go on vacation for a couple days and expect extra in the mail.
    Edited by MissBizz on December 11, 2015 10:39PM
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe i misunderstood how this works, but I have so far 2/3 hirelings for Blacksmith, Wood and Clothing (2 deliveries per day).. I stopped playing Sunday night and when i signed back into my game today (Friday), i was expecting to see at least 10 emails (30 total) each from Blacksmith/Wood/Clothing.. But i only have 1 email from each of the hirelings? Did something change in the last update?

is "2x a day" real time? or game time?

You gotta check in grab them before the next ones come in. I log in before work or other times I'm not planning on playing, simply to grab hireling mail.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically, if you want Hireling Mails, you have to log in.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too, when I started, thought they would stack. Sadly they do not. I only did the 12 hour hirelings just to ensure to receive the items once a day.

Its really annoying having to wait till 1 or 2 a.m. for hirelings.

Also I think you have to log all the way out for them to show up, just going to character screen isn't enough
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also I think you have to log all the way out for them to show up, just going to character screen isn't enough

Other than weekends, I don't even try to get the two deliveries a day. But, with the L3s I frequently get a mail with 4 Purples or 2 purples and 2 gold tempers in it.

Hireling%20Mail_zpskxmqpv5y.jpg
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"