Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

About trading posts.

edorfeus
edorfeus
✭✭✭
I don't understand, why trading posts for crafted items or anything related to crafting aren't allowed on the forum.
You can easily arrange a crafting deal using local chat on PC. It's a bit harder to do on a console, since you don't have any chat at all, except for voice chat, which is flooded with useless chattering and some people's music on the background, but you still can arrange something via private message to guildmates or else.
So, why wouldn't you let the community to establish it's own market and make the economy of the game much better and easier than searching countless guildstores across all Tamriel?
And even though its manageable on console, it's still pretty dumb sometimes, because what if you're a loner and don't have any friends in the game or not informed enough about guildmates who can craft stuff, so you would have to just ask random people in private message if they can craft the stuff you want.
Edited by edorfeus on December 10, 2015 8:50PM
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    I completely Agree....

They need to let us console players post what we can craft.

I'm not the only one, but there are VERY FEW on the consoles who can do 9+ traits on all peices...

Everytime I've posted something, ZOS shuts me down.

Even tho I didn't discuss prices, or anything, just posted what I can craft.
    XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • edorfeus
    edorfeus
    ✭✭✭
    Well, the most stupid thing about it is people still can arrange crafting deals on other forums like guild forums or any forum related to ESO, damn, even reddit.
    So, why would zenimax make it harder for the community and make us search for alternative ways to arrange trading?
    Doesn't make any sense.
    Why don't you make environment more user-friendly for your community ZOS?
    Edited by edorfeus on December 10, 2015 8:59PM
  • i3ig_Gun
    i3ig_Gun
    ✭✭✭
    You can image tho what kind of hell would be unleashed once someone felt they were being "undercut."

Which by all standards is no ones business what we charge to do our business...

If you can find someone to craft it for cheeper then by all means...

If not, you can pay my prices... :wink:

XBOX ONE - NA
    GT: i3ig Gun
    Legion of Many - Daggerfall Covenant
  • edorfeus
    edorfeus
    ✭✭✭
    i3ig_Gun wrote: »
    You can image tho what kind of hell would be unleashed once someone felt they were being "undercut."

Which by all standards is no ones business what we charge to do our business...

If you can find someone to craft it for cheeper then by all means...

If not, you can pay my prices... :wink:

Well, what can I say... That's the standard market issue, it's called monopoly. That's how economy and the market works. If there's monopoly on some goods, well, you can compete and make and sell by yourself, and encourage other people to become crafters as well and create diversity on the market. That's the whole point of having a market! Competition!
    I think it makes the gaming community much more interesting and brings much more life to the gaming process.
    Having an open market like this just opens a possibilities for people to do what they enjoy doing. Some people enjoy crafting, while others don't but they still would like to have some crafted gear. This way people would have a possibility to focus more on something other than searching for crafters the hard way or ranking up crafting skills even though they don't like to craft, but simply have to do it for some reasons.
    Something like alliance auction house or even an all alliance auction house would really fill that economical gap, but since there's no auction house in the game, allowing trading on forum would only benefit the game.
    Edited by edorfeus on December 10, 2015 9:23PM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think one of the reasons ZOS doesn't allow trading posts on the forum is not wanting to become the middleman for in-game transactions where someone could get burned or scamed. If the transaction is done entirely in-game, then the only responsibility they have is to investigate the transaction if someone complains. However, I will agree 100% that ZOS needs to add text chat for the console users.
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    i3ig_Gun wrote: »
    I completely Agree....

They need to let us console players post what we can craft.

I'm not the only one, but there are VERY FEW on the consoles who can do 9+ traits on all peices...

Everytime I've posted something, ZOS shuts me down.

Even tho I didn't discuss prices, or anything, just posted what I can craft.

At least they only lock the thread, I will go through the locked threads in crafting and message the op on PS. Based on the responses it would appear though many are doing that. It's almost like trading is allowed but not allowed.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    It's sort of a wink and a nudge kind of thing. That Z logo on a thread is a Beacon to find people who want to buy/sell/trade items. As long as the OP includes the relevant platform/server info, it doesn't matter if it gets locked.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • edorfeus
    edorfeus
    ✭✭✭
    It's sort of a wink and a nudge kind of thing. That Z logo on a thread is a Beacon to find people who want to buy/sell/trade items. As long as the OP includes the relevant platform/server info, it doesn't matter if it gets locked.

Exactly. And that's what makes the situation even more meaningless. Everybody can see your post anyway.