Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

need some help setting up the game

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
for the next months i'll only be able to play on my laptop, an old Asus G73SW.

back in May of the last year, i played ESO on this laptop at 1920x1080 with high settings and everything on except VSync and AA and i was getting 50-100 fps always. now i'm having a lot of trouble to be able to play in the same system. i had to reduce it to 1024x768, setting it to very low and disabling everything like i show in the screenshot, and still i have to play around 10 fps. well... when i start the game, i play at 100 fps, then, after about 20 minutes i get around 10 to 20 fps.

i already reinstalled everything, the latest drivers, checked for hardware problems, tested other games, and i'm still able to play Skyrim in maximum settings at 1920x1080 and Assassins Creed Black Flag in high settings.

this is only happening with ESO, and i don't understand what may be causing it. i already searched for info about setting up ESO on old computers, and i saw weaker laptops performing much better than mine. i really don't know what to search and what to fix.

i'm no longer using addons, i even reduced the graphics to 16bit, and i don't have anything running at startup or in background when playing. also, when the game reaches 10 fps, i can quit, start again, and for about 5 minutes i can play at 60-100 fps, then it continues to drop until 10-20 fps and stabilizes there.

btw... i noticed that the game is not using more than 2GB of ram, which is odd since i have 8GB and i have Win 7 64bit installed, so, the game should be able to use more if needed.

any ideas?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Screenshot_20151210_041154.jpg
    the settings i'm using now on Asus G73SW
    Edited by NeKryXe on December 10, 2015 4:35AM
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meanwhile i installed razer cortex, and i'm launching the game through it disabling everything. i also reduced the resolution to 800x600 now, keeping everything off and low textures and subsampling, and i managed the reach 20 to 24 fps, but it's still very hard to play in PvE and still impossible to play PvP.

any tips? i have no idea what to reduce or disable more, and it's weird because i keep playing other games at 1920x1080 in high specs.