Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

White meat?

Toxic_Hemlock
Toxic_Hemlock
✭✭✭✭✭
I got the quest for the provision (chef) quest, but I made the dish before I showed the meat to the trainer. Is there any way that I can get a hold of white meat? I tried multiple merchants, killing chickens, but they drop poultry, I tried the sheep and guar but they drop nothing it seeems. I tried to find monkeys as I read that they drop it, but I couldn't find them in my limited area. I am a lowly level 5 currently so going into oblivion to hunt some is out of the question.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you on Xbox PC or PS4.If Xbox I have 200 in my bank you can have.
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope sorry, I forgot that this game is multi platform. I am on PC, so it seems I am out of luck :(.

Thanks anyways though!
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I normally steal pork off people's plates to get it, since he doesn't care if it's stolen. Try checking bars and campsites.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried that too, but it seems the starting town I am in has none to steal. I tried many different cupboards, sacks, barrels etc in my search, this forum was my last option. I literally spend 3 hours trying to find any.

Honestly it seems quite funny that the starting recipe you make needs such a hard ingredient to find in your starting city. I have over 2 dozen tomatoes in my bank, why could they have not made it tomato sauce?
  • Jennifur_Vultee
    Jennifur_Vultee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill monkeys, they drop white meat and bananas.
    "Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters." – Albert Einstein

Treat a customer fairly and they will remember you. Treat a customer poorly and they never forget.

Imperial City: Zerg, gank or die.
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kill monkeys, they drop white meat and bananas.

Would you be so kind as to tell me where I might find monkeys near daggerfall?

Thanks.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the crabs on the beach drop white meat. You could also try the starter island.
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crabs have given me over 50 rawhide scraps thusfar and no meat. The foxes I found on the island only gave me an item called "small game", this is also an ingredient for cooking, but it is not white meat.

Thanks though.

Edit off to bed, I'll check this thread in the morning.
    Edited by Toxic_Hemlock on December 10, 2015 5:56AM
  • Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: I fixed it by deleting my 7th level character and restarting.

Before doing so I tried to abandon the quest and restart it only to have the meat no longer appear for me. I then got caught after killing a pig for the white meat. It became marked as stolen of course. I then got it taken away by the city guards so instead of wasting another 6 hours trying to killing another pig or searching around for that magical white meat in a cupboard (or plate) I restarted.

Note: Honestly if any of the devs are reading this forum, maybe have the "starting" quest for making food be less of a pain in the backside to complete. We all make mistakes especially starting out and I accidentally used the food item in the recipe I was given before showing it to the quest giver. But where is the harm in making the food item I need be a bit less than, shall we say illegal, to attain again. I don't want to be labeled a criminal just for making my character dinner, and even though I no longer have a record (death has a way of removing penalties) I cannot complete that quest either.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you could go loot the Lydia and the other ship in Daggerfall Docks. There is a lot of White Meat in there down in the hold either on plates or hanging from the ceiling or in the containers, a couple relogs and you would have all that you need. No NPCs to see you either.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Toxic_Hemlock
    Toxic_Hemlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Or you could go loot the Lydia and the other ship in Daggerfall Docks. There is a lot of White Meat in there down in the hold either on plates or hanging from the ceiling or in the containers, a couple relogs and you would have all that you need. No NPCs to see you either.

Thanks, I will remember this for when I make another mistake. :)
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I generally kill pigs for it, not sure if there are any where you are at. I personally think the grocer should sell all the different kinds of meats.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured