Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Weapon critical a waste?

seipher09
seipher09
✭✭✭✭
I'm kinda new and wanted to know ahead of time. I'm a dual wield dragon knight currently using rapid strikes for all my single target dps.

From my understanding it's considered a dot skill so critical damage would have no effect on that, and higher weapon damage is better.

What I am curious about that later in the game if I'm using dual daggers with high crit damage would my basic attacks do more damage then my rapid strikes with other passive attacks or am I better sticking towards weapon damage and rapid strikes?
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

I am not sure about rapid strikes mechanics but i can answer about the others,

Weapon Crit plays an integral part in attaining High DPS at endgame,
    For PVE high weapon crit really pays off whilst in Cyrodiil PVP more than 50% is considered a waste,

I have a high Crit build for PVP and find tanky builds very difficult to kill and normally end up running low on resources by the time i get them killed, or they kill me..

I generally run with dual maces, sharpened in pvp as i find this does the damage i require,
    Buffed i have 4186 weapon damage and 50 - 60% crit and 2100 Stam Regen in Cyrodiil,

I expect my weapon damage to go up as i complete crafting my VR16 Gear and getting it gold....
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Johngo0036 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am not sure about rapid strikes mechanics but i can answer about the others,

Weapon Crit plays an integral part in attaining High DPS at endgame,
    For PVE high weapon crit really pays off whilst in Cyrodiil PVP more than 50% is considered a waste,

I have a high Crit build for PVP and find tanky builds very difficult to kill and normally end up running low on resources by the time i get them killed, or they kill me..

I generally run with dual maces, sharpened in pvp as i find this does the damage i require,
    Buffed i have 4186 weapon damage and 50 - 60% crit and 2100 Stam Regen in Cyrodiil,

I expect my weapon damage to go up as i complete crafting my VR16 Gear and getting it gold....

How have you got such high weapon damage with a 60% crit. That's madness. Is that with home keep and scroll bonus?
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭