Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Sorc magic build (v16) gearing help (ps4) (na)

DEATHquidox
DEATHquidox
✭✭✭
Hey guys im vet 16 but im havin huge problems with gearing and stuff because I basically instantly die in pvp from having no vet 15-16 gear. My wards are like 5k damage (thats hardened ward)

I dont have any friends to do ppve in so I just play pvp. The single arena that just came out I am gonna do this week but I dont feel like ill make it far honestly. Anyways if anyone can help me please do. Thanks guys
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your hardened Ward is based on the Magic you have, and if you only have 10K magic (the shield is half your magic pool) at VR16, you have some issues on your character.

First most of the Attribute points should be in Magic. My Sorcerer only has 10 in Health, and the rest in Magic. I am thinking of moving the Health into Magic. She is currently at 32K in Magic with food.

As for Gear, Julianos is the current sweet set up for a caster. Go with 5 pieces for that. For the other pieces, Torugs or Adroit or Willpower with an eye to gaining as much spell damage as you can, in other words, 2 Torugs and two Adroit (necklace and a piece of armor). The rings can be whatever you have, Syrbane would be nice even at VR5 (and cheap) to give you some more regen.

Then put Magic or Magic Boosting Glyphs on your armor, and either Spell Power or Spell Cost Reduction glyphs on your Jewelry. I run two spell cost reductions and one spell power glyph on mine.
    Edited by Nestor on December 8, 2015 5:50PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DEATHquidox
    DEATHquidox
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Your hardened Ward is based on the Magic you have, and if you only have 10K magic (the shield is half your magic pool) at VR16, you have some issues on your character.

First most of the Attribute points should be in Magic. My Sorcerer only has 10 in Health, and the rest in Magic. I am thinking of moving the Health into Magic. She is currently at 32K in Magic with food.

As for Gear, Julianos is the current sweet set up for a caster. Go with 5 pieces for that. For the other pieces, Torugs or Adroit or Willpower with an eye to gaining as much spell damage as you can, in other words, 2 Torugs and two Adroit (necklace and a piece of armor). The rings can be whatever you have, Syrbane would be nice even at VR5 (and cheap) to give you some more regen.

Then put Magic or Magic Boosting Glyphs on your armor, and either Spell Power or Spell Cost Reduction glyphs on your Jewelry. I run two spell cost reductions and one spell power glyph on mine.

I sit at something like 30k magic with my food on, I have 5 seducers (light) 2 Magnus heavy
    Where do I get the armor you are speaking of? And idk how to get more spell damage its at like 1500 with 2 torogs pact swords and entropy its at about 1650 ish idk its annoying honestly
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Julianos is crafted in Wrothgar. East side of zone, just south of the road. I went from Seducer to Julianos and pretty much doubled my DPS. (Note, I had VR12 Seducer before, and no Torugs or Adroit, so it was not just Julianos that contributed to this)

Does Magnus give spell power on two pieces? Adroit and Syrbane are good to look into as they have Jewlery to use to help get more two and three pieces.

Thing is, if your at 30K in magic, your Hardened Ward should be at 15K, it is not scaled from Spell Power, but how much magic you an have in your pool (full)
    Edited by Nestor on December 8, 2015 6:22PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DEATHquidox
    DEATHquidox
    ✭✭✭
    Julianos is crafted in Wrothgar. East side of zone, just south of the road. I went from Seducer to Julianos and pretty much doubled my DPS. (Note, I had VR12 Seducer before, and no Torugs or Adroit, so it was not just Julianos that contributed to this)

Does Magnus give spell power on two pieces? Adroit and Syrbane are good to look into as they have Jewlery to use to help get more two and three pieces.

Thing is, if your at 30K in magic, your Hardened Ward should be at 15K, it is not scaled from Spell Power, but how much magic you an have in your pool (full)

I dont have the mats to craft anything lol where can I farm armor for ingots?
  • DEATHquidox
    DEATHquidox
    ✭✭✭

And magnus no its just a extra cheap set to play with but the Jewelry idk where to get that either but idk about my shield its annoying tho honestly I wish I didn't die so fast but its whatever ill get it figured out eventually but thankyou
  • KaylynT
    KaylynT
    I think that while in pvp the shields are reduced by 50 percent.