Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• [EXTENDED] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why when you are doing a solo quest is all of the loot already taken?

ColligeInstructor
When I am playing a solo quest I get in there to loot chest and other items. But everything has already been looted. Why is this?

Best Answer

• Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yea... Many times the scenery chests, urns, and jars will be empty. They are also instanced to you so no one else can take them. Sounds like you are just having bad rng. They are not guaranteed loot.
    This one has an eloquent and well thought out response to tha... Ooh sweetroll!
    Answer ✓
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe boxes, crates, urns, sacks etc are for the individual player. I have quested solo and also quested duo and haven't seen any issues with looting these containers.

Also if theres an apple in one container, it could be a completely different item in there for someone else. Me and my girlfriend tested this.

Unlockable chests however do contain the same items for all, and do disappear when fully looted (note that if someone unlocks the chest and leaves something in it and takes off, you can take that item they left)

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey you found your way onto the forums!

Hopefully the answer above helps you, although, if you mean why us everything empty during solo instances (fighters guild quests et ) I have no idea. I have always wondered that myself
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ColligeInstructor
    Thank you vox. Unfortunately I have been through an entire solo quest like missbizz has mention and I have not been able to loot anything due to it had been looted by someone else. I would like to be able to loot everything since it is a solo quest.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure about that then, sorry. I remember being able to loot urns and other containers fine when being in main story instances.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not that those containers have been looted by someone else, it's that they were placed empty; that is, they never had anything in them. So a question for ZOS would be - what's the point in placing containers that are specifically designed to be empty?
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ColligeInstructor
    I agree with you Enodoc. Why have chest there if they are empty?
  • KraziJoe
    KraziJoe
    ✭✭✭
    Like everything in the Outlaws Refuges area. Sometimes things are just there for the look.
  • ColligeInstructor
    So KraziJoe, the open cheat are there for looks? That seems kinda crazy to me. And the first solo quest you do for the mages guild, I've done it on multiple characters and one time I was able to take loot out of one of the chest. Why is this?
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are they locked chests? Because thats the only loot you are garenteed to get.
  • ColligeInstructor
    I don't think they are Shunravi. The one I got to open was just a regular chest. I thought locked chest disappeared after you opened them?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shunravi wrote: »
    Yea... Many times the scenery chests, urns, and jars will be empty. They are also instanced to you so no one else can take them. Sounds like you are just having bad rng. They are not guaranteed loot.

No @Shunravi he means like during solo instanced quests. I noticed this too. Whenever you go into a solo instance of some kind all the containers are interactable but they are empty :/ It's lame. At least in the outlaws refuge they aren't even interactable. Weird part is now that I think about it, it's technically not EVERY solo instance (that dwemer dungeon one you can loot) but the majority of them - the containers are always empty.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ColligeInstructor
    Just seems stupid to even have them there since it makes me think someone has looted my loot. Thanks
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »

No @Shunravi he means like during solo instanced quests. I noticed this too. Whenever you go into a solo instance of some kind all the containers are interactable but they are empty :/ It's lame. At least in the outlaws refuge they aren't even interactable. Weird part is now that I think about it, it's technically not EVERY solo instance (that dwemer dungeon one you can loot) but the majority of them - the containers are always empty.

@MissBizz, thats exactly what im talking about. They arent guarenteed loot. Some if not all will be empty.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@MissBizz, thats exactly what im talking about. They arent guarenteed loot. Some if not all will be empty.

Ahhh. I always remember checking them, and if it was an "empty container instance" EVERY container was empty, not just some :/
  • Shunravi
    Shunravi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ahhh. I always remember checking them, and if it was an "empty container instance" EVERY container was empty, not just some :/
    Yea. They have some issues with their loot tables methinks.
  • ColligeInstructor
    That's what we think too. Because if some people are able to take all the loot and others aren't allowed any, it really is lame. So I mean that's why I was trying to figure out from ZOS why this is
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a question for ESO Live :/ Unfortunately there won't be a new ESO live until 2016 so maybe we will get lucky and they will answer here.
  • ColligeInstructor
    Ya I know. Maybe they can have a special Christmas time one. That would be awesome! But I would live for someone from ZOS to give some details on this.
  • Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When I am playing a solo quest I get in there to loot chest and other items. But everything has already been looted. Why is this?

Someone was just there before you. Thats how I can tell.That and the dead NPCs or monsters around.
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volkodav wrote: »
    Someone was just there before you. Thats how I can tell.That and the dead NPCs or monsters around.
    The OP is talking about solo quests. It is not possible for someone to have been there before you because all the locations are instanced just to you.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp