Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

King's Guard Dolmen solo doable?

fetito666
fetito666
✭✭✭
One question: Can I resolve the King's Guard Dolmen later on when I leveled up? I tried to solo it and I die all the time. I tried to ask for help via the local chat, but maybe the dolmen is too far away that someone could read my local chat.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are meant to be group content but yes they all become soloable at some point.

My first play through it was when I got to Fighter's Guild 10 and had the passives unlocked but now that I have a few hundred CPs I can do them all straight away even when I'm under levelled.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sure, the dolmen isn't going anywhere, you can do it however many times you want. It will be very easy to solo when you level up a little.

What do you mean by local chat? /zone is the one you should use to look for help, /say and /yell won't reach far enough unless you can see that someone's around.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah always post those in /z or /zone chat for the entire zone to see.
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    Soloing dolmen is a question that involves a few factors. First of all you need to learn the mechanics of the various monsters that spawn there. Besides the final bosses the trickiest are probably the harvesters and storm atronochs. That way you will know which ones you need to burn down right away and the tactics that you have to employ to defeat them. Second is finding a build that works for you. I have been playing since the beta, have leveled all 4 classes to vet16 at least once and can attest to the face that all 4 can solo dolmen. I was doing it before the champion system launched at level even underleveled. Mostly what it comes down to is experience. Don't expect to beat dolmens solo until you learn the game some. I have not played the low level zones for a while, but as I remember it can sometimes be hard to find someone to help out, but be patient, best thing to do is post in zone chat (anyone in the zone can see your posts as long as you use /zone not /say or /yell), someone will. King's guard is probably the hardest dolmen to get help with in the game. It is a hassle to get to, a lot of new players will not realize that there is even a dolmen there and that you have to go up along the coast to get to it and that is the only way to get to it, but there is a faction quest that brings players up to that area so players do make their way up there. Remember though you can practice on the other 2 dolmen in the zone, or move on to the next zone when you are ready.
    Edited by Vonovosi on December 7, 2015 7:37PM
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • Vonovosi
    Vonovosi
    ✭✭✭
    One more tip in doing dolmen when you close one of the 4 pinion that spawn with the dolmen you regenerate to 100% of your health/stamina/magicka and I think you also get a buff to your damage done. Do not be afraid to make use of these. Ignore anyone who tells you that leaving all 4 open until all mobs are defeated gives you a better chance at a named general, it is pure superstition, and has been refuted on ESOlive.
    VR16 Khajiit Stamina Nightblade=DPS-(AD)-PC NA-Kuwabatake Sanjuro
    VR16 Breton Sorcerer-DPS/Healer-(DC)-PC NA-Charles Baudelaire
    VR16 Altmer Sorcerer=DPS/Healer-(AD)-PC NA-Lottie Millhaven
    VR16 Dunmer Dragonknight-Tank-(EP)-PC NA=Cthulhu Hllalu
    VR16 Imperial Dragonknight-Tank-(AD)-PC NA-Leeroy Jhenkins
    VR16 Breton Magicka Templar-Healer/DPS-(AD)-PC NA- Nina Hagen
    VR16 Altmer Magicka Nightblade-DPS-(AD)-PC NA-J R Bob Dobbs
    LVL39 Redguard Stamina Templar-Tank-(DC)-PC NA-Wesley Willis
  • fetito666
    fetito666
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your wisdom!
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vonovosi wrote: »
    One more tip in doing dolmen when you close one of the 4 pinion that spawn with the dolmen you regenerate to 100% of your health/stamina/magicka and I think you also get a buff to your damage done. Do not be afraid to make use of these. Ignore anyone who tells you that leaving all 4 open until all mobs are defeated gives you a better chance at a named general, it is pure superstition, and has been refuted on ESOlive.
    Even if it was true (which it isn't), you probably don't want a general to spawn while you're solo and underleveled. ;)