The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any big changes in performance?

Mansome
Mansome
✭✭✭
I have not tried playing ESO on a Mac in a very long time. The performance was bad on my MBP 2011 with 16gb ram with Radeon 6750m card. I could play on low but that kind of defeats the purpose of playing this beautiful game to begin with. I was wondering if there were any performance changes since the first few updates of ESO for Mac? I know there is bootcamp as an option but I wanted to check her again before I went through the whole install of Windows again.
  • Seedier
    Seedier
    ✭✭
    If you've not played for a while you may notice spectacular differences... although it remains a hardware intensive game. Performance is great and crashes rare (although there are reports of issues with 27' iMacs)
  • Tomato
    Tomato
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's actually getting worse with each patch

Edited by Tomato on December 20, 2015 1:51PM
  • Wussypants
    Wussypants
    Soul Shriven
    Tomato wrote: »

I can confirm that this is not true.
    If your game gets slower by each patch it is because...
    • your computer is heavily in need of additional ram (try close down background software)
    • your system is slowing down because of malicious software on your computer.
    • if your on a standard non-ssd storage solution your file system might be corrupt.
    • your addons are interfering with your game performance

I experience a general improvement of the course of a longer period.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wussypants wrote: »

• your computer is heavily in need of additional ram (try close down background software)
    • if your on a standard non-ssd storage solution your file system might be corrupt.

lol and tons of others can confirm that it is true. This game's performance sucks compared to anything like it. With or without add ons, better internet, or anything else.

rip decibel
  • stevenbennett_ESO
    stevenbennett_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to have to agree with @Wussypants that it's *not* true. I've been playing since beta on both Mac and PC, and I'd say overall performance on both platforms is currently is noticeably better than it's ever been, at least in PvE. (I can't speak to PvP because I don't do that...)
  • Wussypants
    Wussypants
    Soul Shriven
    Draxys wrote: »
    Wussypants wrote: »

lol and tons of others can confirm that it is true. This game's performance sucks compared to anything like it. With or without add ons, better internet, or anything else.

Memory leaks have been fixed, code optimization has been implememted and graphic API's has been upgraded with newer and better versions. Additionally OS X as a platform has become more performance efficient.

Now don't tell me it is the game/platform that has become slower, because it has not.
    You might look into a fresh reinstall of your system and a clean install of the game after that.