Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dragon Knight Magika dps build help please

eldermpsmithrwb17_ESO
I am a new v16 Dunmer Magika DK and struggling with single target damage, my build is;

5pc Julianos - v15 atm till i can afford better - purple, infused on large divines on small
Moleg Kena Shoulder heavy divines v16
Torugs belt v15 - swords main bar and inferno staff 2nd, all flame enchants
willpower jewellry v16, 2 arcane 1 helath, all spell power gold enchants.

Running main bar dual swords - molten whip, engulfing flames, embers, structured entropy, inner light and shooting star
2nd bar inferno staff- impulse, eruption, spell symmetry/ele drain structured entropy, inner light and Standard

I think my spell damage is 2.4k unbuffed give or take

Running Apprentice mundus

I am struggling with single target dps ranging from 10-14k, wondering if it is gear or i need to work on weaving.

Any build tips greatly appreciated
Edited by eldermpsmithrwb17_ESO on December 4, 2015 2:35AM
Selcouth Nexus V16 Templar Magika Healer/Dps
Mrs Schadenfreude V16 Magika Sorc Dps/off heals
Malevolent Lust v16 DK Stam Dps/tank
Mephala's Rage v16 NB Magika Dps
Lara Nipplestorm v16 DK Magika DPS
  • eldermpsmithrwb17_ESO
    My Australian ping usually sits 280 plus, but I don't think that affects too much
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's partly your gear. Upgrading your weapons to legendary v16 ones will provide a noticable boost (~ 200 additional spell damage just for upgrading the staff).
    Why do you have Entropy on both bars? Do you need that extra bit of health so much? Otherwise I'd use erruption on your single target bar and put inhale / talons on your aoe bar instead. Using spll power potions would be even better, but its expensive and not necessary unless you aim for trial leaderbords.
    Shadow or thief could be better mundus stones, depending on how many cp you have.
    For pure single target fights you could get another skill set up with only skills that are usefull for single target.
    On long terms 2 Kena + Maelstrom staff would provide a huge buff, but I assume it will be a while till you get that.
  • eldermpsmithrwb17_ESO
    I have 389 cp, and have entropy on both bars to prevent too much switching on bosses, hoping to be geared up enough to do some WGT farming
  • eldermpsmithrwb17_ESO
    Update i got v16 Julianos Gold with Gold weapons, no Moleg Kena mask yet and 400cp now, i am able to range between 12k-16k dps depending on the fight, is this reasonable, apart from farming Overwhelming is there anything else i can do to bump up the damage.

Spell Damage is 3110k with 36k magika and experimenting using thief or apprentice mundus stones at the moment.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Im running 5x Julianos, 3x Willpower, 1x Molag Kena and 3x Torugs Pact on my sorc and I have 3.7k spell dmg buffed.

hlDX54a.jpg

Sorcs have up to 10% extra spell dmg so you should get around 3.4k spell dmg buffed.

12k dps is comparible to a crushing shock weave, you should be able to do a lot more with your Whip and Dots. I assume you have 100 CP into ele dmg and the majority of the rest into increased crit dmg?
    Edited by Septimus_Magna on December 13, 2015 7:59AM
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • eldermpsmithrwb17_ESO
    Yeah 100 into ele damage and 34 in crit at the moment, i think my spell damage is around 3100 - 3400 depending on staff or DW, maybe its weaving that needs work ??

At the moment i only light attack weave between whips
  • ryanborror
    ryanborror
    ✭✭✭
    Use destro on molten whip bar. Weaving whip with destro should give you higher results even without dual wield bonus. Use pots instead of entropy. You can put something like flames of oblivion or sea of flames in its place. As toggles those are like free damage that don't interrupt your rotation. Also you could try poison enchants instead of flame as some people think flame enchants override the ardent flame burning effect and kindling passive. Poison won't do a lot as you shouldn't have points in thaumaturge but it's an extra dot if procced.
    dooderrr
    templars, nightblades
    PC/XB1 NA