Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

remove crafting quest

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
for many weeks I've been trying to complete at least one crafting quest, I was supposed to build only 6 superior items, but even after building many dozens the quest never updated and I was never able to finish. first I thought that I need to build it in a specific workshop and I searched for help online and meanwhile I tested building the items in different places,but nothing happened. I'm not sure if I didn't understand nothing at all or if somehow there's some kind of problem preventing me to do this quests in my account, but at this point. I want to quit it and completely remove the markers in the compass for this quests. can I do that? is there any add-on that would help me with that or something?
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can abandon the quest by toggling it in your journal and pressing X (on PC, no idea how to do it on consoles). You will still see a quest marker for the crafting boards in towns, however.

As to your problem, it isn't supposed to happen. Either it's a bug or you mistakenly crafted the wrong type of item. It's should always be of white, basic quality. What exactly did the quest ask for?
    Edited by Rosveen on December 3, 2015 3:00PM
  • Tallowby
    Tallowby
    ✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    You will still see a quest marker for the crafting boards in towns, however.

This ^^^

There need to be a way of hiding the crafting writ board quest markers. With multiple characters and the difficulty in obtaining high level mats I have stopped doing writs as I need those mates to make gear for all my max level characters.

At the least please make a writ , like helmets, to hide these quests if wanted OR change the Writ quest icon do something different.
    NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
    Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
    Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
    Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
    Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tallowby wrote: »

There need to be a way of hiding the crafting writ board quest markers.

The game does need some toggles, like with Keen Eye. Anyway, on the characters that I don't want to do crafting writs on, I just grab the writs and never do them. This way I never see the quest markers for Writs.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can abandon the quest by toggling it in your journal and pressing X (on PC, no idea how to do it on consoles). You will still see a quest marker for the crafting boards in towns, however.

As to your problem, it isn't supposed to happen. Either it's a bug or you mistakenly crafted the wrong type of item. It's should always be of white, basic quality. What exactly did the quest ask for?

yes, i know that i can abandon the quest, but i've been keeping it in the journal to avoid seeing it in the boards. but sometimes i have too many quests pending, and i'd like to be able to quit this ones forever since i'm not being able to do it.

i understand that it wasn't supposed to happen, i already saw videos and read things in the forum, it looks very easy, but in my case (and i'm over level 45 in all crafts) i've been doing the exact item, and even wasting resources to upgrade it to superior as requested, but in the end the quest never updates. probably there is a way to do the items directly in superior level that i couldn't figure out. i've been doing the requested items in white, then i upgrade to green and then to blue. in the end i get a lot of items that i didn't want to build and the quest never ends. i already wasted a lot of resources for this thing. now i just wanto to get rid of it forever :\
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    and even wasting resources to upgrade it to superior as requested
    Writs never ask for anything above white quality.

Was it a Clothing writ asking to deliver items made from Superb Hide by any chance?
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Was it a Clothing writ asking to deliver items made from Superb Hide by any chance?

oh man! you are probably right and i've been wasting resources like crazy by a dumb misreading :o:D

i'm going to check it :blush:
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

well... it says "craft superb" blah blah blah... so it may mean a "superb hide" thing and not an upgrade to superior as i though :blush:

omg! what a stupid distraction :')