The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Small spoiler. DONT COMPLETE BLEAKROCK ISLE QUEST.

kylewwefan
kylewwefan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
In the main town on Bleakrock there is an area that has all the crafting stations and bank. SPOILER If you complete the quest, the town gets burned and it all goes away. it's the most convenient place in the game to take care of all the crafting stuff (writs) without having to run all over town.
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    Upstairs in eldenroot has everyting execpt a cooking fire plus the undaunted only a short sprint away, just as good as bleakrock
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    In the main town on Bleakrock there is an area that has all the crafting stations and bank. SPOILER If you complete the quest, the town gets burned and it all goes away. it's the most convenient place in the game to take care of all the crafting stuff (writs) without having to run all over town.

Assuming that you have a stack of each of the regularly needed potions on stand by (get the item saver add-on and have these saved to not be in any bank/sale window) you can use Riften much the same, everything you need is close to the bank.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, the main reason to not complete Bleakrock right away is the dye station. Until you get to Ebonheart, this is the easiest way to dye armor in EP at low level. Unlike the other Alliances, EP has dye stations everywhere except the starting city.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Jitterbug
    Jitterbug
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vukhel Gurad (I think it is) and Rawl'Kha are also very convenient.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Since the other alliances all have full access to their starter islands, you have to wonder if Bleakrock is an oversight or something. But Bleakrock is missing stables (as are all starter islands) and the wayshrine is too distant. Now that loading screens are (mostly) fixed, Rawl'Kha is again top of the heap...has it all in a small area, including Outlaw Refuge and guild kiosks, and wayshrine is right THERE. But Wrothgar is good enough since I spend most time there anyway.
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • antmck2011rwb17_ESO
    I use Rawl'kha for most of crafting needs and banking especially when I'm finishing up. Reaper's March was the last alliance zone I did, so I used Rawl'kha and just kept on using it.
  • brtomkin
    brtomkin
    ✭✭✭
    The Dhalmora Hall of Merchants in Bal Foyen has a full crafting area, bank, and dye station all in one hut. It is available right after getting off the boat from Bleakrock. I missed it my first playthrough, but someone mentioned it somewhere else on the internet.
    PS5 NA: Pickmans__Model, CP 2000+
  • Swampfox
    Swampfox
    ✭✭
    brtomkin wrote: »
    The Dhalmora Hall of Merchants in Bal Foyen has a full crafting area, bank, and dye station all in one hut. It is available right after getting off the boat from Bleakrock. I missed it my first playthrough, but someone mentioned it somewhere else on the internet.

I agree

The only thing you need to leave the hut for is the cooking fire which is the second hut on your left

Even the Wayshrine isn't too far away

Recently it has become annoying that the banker moves and that can be frustrating when sorting stuff in the Guild Bank

Overall it my favourite spot
    Swampfox

GM of OWL
    owlwolflegion.com
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rawl'Kha is where its at, everything is a small radius plus a few guild traders
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm necroing this rather than starting a new thread because it's a direct follow-up to what the OP' suggested.. CAN you skip this final quest and still get the follow-on in Dhalmora?

I too love Bleakrock for the reasons the OP gave and IMO it has one HUGE advantage of the other suggestions other replies mentioned such as Rawl'ka .. Bleakrock is devoid of bored VR16s spamming annoying AoEs, 'sparring' etc.
    Edited by KerinKor on May 20, 2016 3:07PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    I'm necroing this rather than starting a new thread because it's a direct follow-up to what the OP' suggested.. CAN you skip this final quest and still get the follow-on in Dhalmora?

I too love Bleakrock for the reasons the OP gave and IMO it has one HUGE advantage of the other suggestions other replies mentioned such as Rawl'ka .. Bleakrock is devoid of bored VR16s spamming annoying AoEs, 'sparring' etc.

@KerinKor

That is an interesting question, as some of the NPCs from Bleakrock are the ones involved in the quests in Dahlmora. It would be easy to test, just go as far as you want in Bleakrock, then go back to Stonefalls and walk south to Dahlmora, you don't need to take the ship from Bleakrock.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Karthos
    Karthos
    ✭✭✭
    Stormhold in Shadowfen is my go to crafting place.

The bank is there, right beside every crafting station and dye station. There is a stable right next to the Wayshrine, which itself is very close to the crafting area. And it is quiet. Mainly comprised of levelling characters. It's basically my characters home.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karthos wrote: »
    Stormhold in Shadowfen is my go to crafting place.

The bank is there, right beside every crafting station and dye station. There is a stable right next to the Wayshrine, which itself is very close to the crafting area. And it is quiet. Mainly comprised of levelling characters. It's basically my characters home.

I used to do that, but the bank in Stormhold often caused a CTD and so I moved away from there. I don't know if that ever got fixed.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's ALL about Dhalmora if you are EP everything under one roof :)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I've answered by own question .. it's 'no', sorta ...

As @Nestor noted, the NPCs you interact with right at the end of Bleakrock are those that are involved in the quest continuation in Bal Foyen, so you can't get the 'warning Vulkhel Guard' conclusion to the intro story.

However, since the pre-release nerf to the intro made the original starting quest chain entirely optional then you can start the main faction quest arc .. ie. the quest chain that starts in the place you emerge from Coldharbour, right through to the ending in the tier 5 faction zones .. then not completing Bleakrock means you'll only miss out on a few quests yielding minimal XP and which won't affect your ability to play the main faction story.

IMO that's price well worth paying for the peace and quiet one usually finds in Bleakrock!

Of course, during beta you HAD to complete all faction intro sections or you couldn't reach the mainland.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ride from the wayshrine makes this just as much of a trip as anywhere else. Orsinium is tight enough and I can get my writs done. Deshaan or Rawl'kha are fine as well.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.