Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Lack of text Chat ingame to accomodate for trades

Amatsuki
Amatsuki
I've noticed some major differences recently between the console version and pc version primarily the lack of text chat to help accommodate for trades or recruitment I can usually find someone buy my stuff or get a group together for a vet dungeon almost instantly on the PC version but the console version lacks this whatsoever and your fate of getting dungeons done or your stuff selling is up to the dice gods. What's more concerning is the Devs total lack of ingenuity to bother creating a Trade Sub forum which would remedy this almost immediately.. Anyone else have thoughts on the Pros or Cons of a trade sub forum on the forums for console/pc versions of the game?
Edited by Amatsuki on December 3, 2015 10:21AM
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a trade sub forum too. I play on PC but still it would be nice to browse in the mornings on my mobile or something. And I don't think it removes the social or immersion aspects from the game. I think it adds another layer actually.

Maybe there's an obvious problem that's gone straight over my head. :|
  • Amatsuki
    Amatsuki
    True; but no one wants to make a sub forum it would help improve the console and pc versions of the games markets knowing where to find what you want or knowing the proper prices for items is always a plus too many times I see people scamming others with over inflated prices for low level items.
  • onmarla_ESO
    onmarla_ESO
    ✭✭
    Amatsuki wrote: »
    I've noticed some major differences recently between the console version and pc version primarily the lack of text chat to help accommodate for trades or recruitment I can usually find someone buy my stuff or get a group together for a vet dungeon almost instantly on the PC version but the console version lacks this whatsoever and your fate of getting dungeons done or your stuff selling is up to the dice gods. What's more concerning is the Devs total lack of ingenuity to bother creating a Trade Sub forum which would remedy this almost immediately.. Anyone else have thoughts on the Pros or Cons of a trade sub forum on the forums for console/pc versions of the game?

This is the problem I am having with the console version. I do not want to have to speak to people to get things done. While it can be helpful, too many players are very inconsiderate of other players in voice chat. They leave their mics on (maybe they don't have mute). I certainly don't want to listen to someone chewing or breathing, and the worst thing ever, their smoke alarm chirping because the battery needs to be changed. You can join a guild with a trade kiosk to sell your wares. I've found this very convenient. However, I've been removed for not speaking in guild chat. If a trading forum existed, such as you suggested, I wouldn't feel the need to join guilds that I have ZERO desire to interact with!!! They have put too much power in the hands of the guilds as far as trading is concerned and screw the individual. I prefer the "auction house" trading venue!
  • found1779
    found1779
    ✭✭✭
    I'm literally so tired of mentioning text chat on these forums and the reasons it needs to be on console versions of eso there are a lot of good reasons why it should be but why bother telling it to zenimax when it comes to matters of text chat being on console and them replaying back it won't ever happen it's like talking to a brick wall ugh
    Edited by found1779 on December 5, 2015 3:46PM