The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Take away alliance swaping in PvP, its just lame. also PvP campaign loop hole Pay attention ZoS.

DRTE
DRTE
✭✭✭✭
Back again to have another whine about PvP. This time its about people jumping toons to another faction and manipulating score and emperor control and its pretty pathetic and has to stop. First of all i just watched an AD take a scroll to DC log out, which will drop the scroll. DC picked it up and put it in their keep now that's fine they're just being idiots. The fact it the same guy that picked up the scroll was EP emp 2 days ago, this is the kind of s**t on PvP that stops people from even wanting to play the PvP side of things. If you have a toon from one side EP, AD,DC then you should not be allowed to guest or home another faction on that same campaign. I don't care if you want to have a cry about it because you can't play with your buddys tough S**t, get your other faction on another campaign and play with them because this emp farming faction swapping needs to stop. There is also a loop hole that can "if you already are home or guested on another camp" can get into a group with the group leader homed in a different camp and port into it. example, say you are homed on azuras star and guesting on trueflame and you want to go to haderus but you can't its blocked because you have filled your slots. well if a group leader is homed on haderus and invites you to group you can then get into that campaign just by clicking on that camp and porting into it, Or a leader can leave camp invite you and group port you into that campaign. this feature needs to go. I'm sick of the Zergfest coming from different campaigns flipping the map and just leaving it should not be allowed and it ruins PvP for the people homed in said campaign. But back to my main point, If you have an EP homed on azuras the you should only be able to home another EP on that same campaign you want to jump factions tough go to another camp or wait till campaign is over then home your (DC,AD) toon there but then you cannot home your EP there anymore this will stop the emperor farming in its tracks and stop the manipulaton of score which is destroying PvP for the honest people that play. This would also go for guesting in a campaign if you have filled both slots to those campaigns home/guest to one faction you cannot log out get on your DC and home/guest on those same campaigns. Move to another one and play fair, not some exploiting bullcrap thats happening at the moment its just lame ZoS sort it out.
DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
Agneyastra. Mag DK
Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
Get some help. Stamplar
Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
Nightbot. Magblade
Unslaad Krosis. Magden
Dirty lich. Magcro
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. Too much gloryhunting already.

I'd go even that far that you are account locked to single faction. I hate this switching sides when one faction is winning.
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
    Options
  • Infinite12
    Infinite12
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't what platform you're on but on XB1 you can't have 2 characters of different alliances in the same campaign.
    [GT: INFINITE12] XB1 I NA I DC PRIMARILY I
    My Characters
    Ragnhild VR16 Nord DK I 2h/Bow (PVP) or 2h/Dual Wield (PVE)
    Nakothre VR7 Khajiit I Dual Wield/2H (PVP)
    Infinitesmo VR16 Imperial NB I 2h/Bow (PVP)

Tip: If you don't like funerals don't kick sand in a ninja's face
    Options
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happens all the time a red player got on his yellow toon ran to his red friends they killed him picked up the scroll. It's EP's way (PC Trueflame) now that haxus is not the dominant guild all the junior varsity teams can do is cheat. Not remotely surprised.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
    Options
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Infinite12 wrote: »
    I don't what platform you're on but on XB1 you can't have 2 characters of different alliances in the same campaign.

I'm on PC version, you cannot home or guest, but you can get a port into that campaign if you swap faction and the group leader is homed/guesting there.
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
    Options
  • olivaresdonjuan
    Scourge on NA Ps4 I've seen the same. A "red" ran our scroll that we got back from blue and ran it to his yellow buddies. Was it an eleborate ambush? Nope. He ran our red scroll south instead of east. It's garbage players like this that ruin the 3 way war concept. Eventually we regrouped and took it back along with their yellow scroll.
    Options
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    What really upsets me is you'll have XYZ fighting along side you all night while DC has emp. But then you'll see the same person jump ship and go red as soon as they have emp.

It's a freaking joke.
    Options
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Scourge on NA Ps4 I've seen the same. A "red" ran our scroll that we got back from blue and ran it to his yellow buddies. Was it an eleborate ambush? Nope. He ran our red scroll south instead of east. It's garbage players like this that ruin the 3 way war concept. Eventually we regrouped and took it back along with their yellow scroll.

I am pretty certain this situation was for a duel with a scroll on somebodies back. That scroll changed hands several times during their duels if I am not mistaken, though we could be talking about a completely different happenstance.....And actually what ruins the 3 way PVP concept is the idea of buff servers and people "owning" servers....The attempted pushing of other factions out of server by calling in zergs from other servers does nothing to help the game. What it leads to is one over populated server (AzStar NA PS4) and a bunch of buff servers where most people cry and poop themselves if another faction has any kind of presence. Hopefully we can make Thornblade a competitive PVP server, which seems to be happening, aided by 3 factions not being a-holes to each other and guild leaders from all sides working to make it so. That is what will save PVP...and seriously Scourge is your buff server, it is not an accomplishment to take a scroll back when you outnumber people 20/1......nor was it an accomplishment when a group of 20 AD came in and trolled EP by running taking 4 scrolls at one time, fighting a mini zerg the entire time, because for the most part EP in Scourge are not very PVP savy....but it was good fun.....
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
    Options
  • kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree they should have followed the DAOC model a little closer I wish it was one faction one campaign and you can still have a guest campaign if you wanted to play with a friend or against a friend all this swapping back and forth makes a mockery of the three faction warfare
    Options
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paragraphing please!
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
    Options
  • Catblade
    Catblade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agreed but they are not stopping it anytime soon. In fact they are planning to make it easier to do by removing alliance restrictions meaning you can have characters from multiple factions in the same sever at the same time.
    Edited by Catblade on December 9, 2015 9:33PM
    Options
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's completely ridiculous and breaks the entire 3 pvp faction dynamic. Only results in the same people hopping back and forth to farm the keeps they just took as EP, AD, or DC. Though tbh, I've barely seen any DC guilds doing this on PC-NA.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
    Options
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring on Account Bound Faction - With the option to change with cooldown... maybe 30 days?
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
    Options
  • Grunim
    Grunim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What if they provided incentives for people who only participate in PvP for a single alliance? For example, you earn bonus AP if you only PvP for one alliance on your account for at least 30 days. Is something like this possible to code?

Since they seem determined to not lock people into PvPing for a single alliance per account, why not provide carrots for those of us who do?
    Am a whimsical Generation Jones gamer. Online RPGs hooked me since '94 and no sign of stopping soon...

Options
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring on Account Bound Faction - With the option to change with cooldown... maybe 30 days?

No thank you to the account bound factions. Especially with how low the PvP population has gotten since launch. I'm extremely happy that they are eventually getting rid of not being able to have all my characters in the same campaign.
    Texashighelf - VR16 Sorcerer EP NA - FILTHY BARBARIAN
    Texasimperial - VR16 Dragonknight EP NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas'Imperial - VR16 Dragonknight DC NA - How do you like your DK?
    Texas-Imperial - VR16 Templar DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Highelf - VR16 Sorcerer DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    Texas Imperial - VR16 Nightblade DC NA - Queue Clogging Lagsploitter
    It's a very grey area.
    Options
  • PhatGrimReaper
    PhatGrimReaper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »

No thank you to the account bound factions. Especially with how low the PvP population has gotten since launch. I'm extremely happy that they are eventually getting rid of not being able to have all my characters in the same campaign.

I understand why you want to have your characters in the same campaign and for most of the population it's cool, but the trolls are enough for me to feel that account bound faction is the way.
    Fat Grim Reaper - (m)Dragon Knight AR28
    F G R Junior - Templar AR26
    This One Had Name Changed - Nightblade AR19
    Fat Grim Streaker - Sorcerer AR15
    M12-GM - Guardians of the Twelve-GM - Crown Store Heroes - ETU
    RÀGE - R.I.P
    Options
  • CN_Daniel
    CN_Daniel
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give us at least a 7 day cool down on using an opposing alts within the same campaign.
    Options
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CN_Daniel wrote: »
    Give us at least a 7 day cool down on using an opposing alts within the same campaign.

Once again NO THANK YOU to this "gem" of an idea. I like the idea of being able to hop around if it's deemed necessary. Oh someone in my current faction feels the need to gate camp....one second....if they don't agree to move off the gates when politely asked.....well then we can just move over to the gate camped faction and push them back forcefully and enjoy the AP that's received.

Edit - Or say someone in my faction is being a total pain in the rear end to me.....I can get on my other faction toon and solve the situation. True duel style!
    Edited by Huckdabuck on December 16, 2015 1:18AM
    It's a very grey area.
    Options
  • Huckdabuck
    Huckdabuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Huckdabuck wrote: »

I understand why you want to have your characters in the same campaign and for most of the population it's cool, but the trolls are enough for me to feel that account bound faction is the way.

Honestly....I don't think there are enough true trolls these days to even think this would be needed. Not like it's really that hard to get your non homed/guested toons over to a campaign of your choosing anyway.

Edit - Also, if faction based accounts were a thing....then guilds that have rerolled in order to help balance populations would have never happened and we'd more than likely be sitting with AD still being the king of all servers or in an even worse situation where people are leaving the game due to PvP being dead. I know I personally would not have paid for the game two or three times as well as having 3 active subs for this garbage heap that the game has become.
    Edited by Huckdabuck on December 16, 2015 1:13AM
    It's a very grey area.
    Options