Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which class for a bow main weapon build ?

Leddo
Leddo
Soul Shriven
Well, the title says it all. It would be nice if somone with more expierience could tell me the pros and cons for each class for a bow build. Thank you already :)!
  • Shadowolfs
    All I can say is bow is best for stamina build for range attack. Every class can build as stamina and magician, it depends on your play style.
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would say,
    Race = WoodElf,
    class = Night Blade.....

However Any class can use a bow.... just thinking of being sneaky......
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit double bow sorcerer ;)

+stam rec, +weapon crit, crit surge, streak, sneak attack bonus

crit surge + camo hunter + lethel arrow/focused aim canceled with a +15% heavy attack and poison injection = fun
  • I55UE5
    I55UE5
    ✭✭✭
    I have a templar who uses strictly bows. Has good Aoe/CC with blazing spear and bombard for PvE. Power of light is also very helpful for PvP and boss fights. It's fun to light up a backline healer with power of light and the snipe morph ability for your group.

All classes will have their strengths, find something you love to play. Like I did!
    Edited by I55UE5 on December 2, 2015 9:49AM
  • Jeckll
    Jeckll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'd go with Sorc as you have a class ability for Major Brutality, a buff you would need to use a 2h with other classes. You get 8% extra Stamina which is nice and I guess Streak is a decent way to get away or to get some range between you and your target. Basicly what @Calboy said.

Nightblade is also nice as you get a +8% damage buff, bonus damage from stealth, great regen and class damage abilities that also scales with Thaumaturge (Spectral Bow from Relentless Focus, Killer's Blade, good class Ultimates). You also get some great utlitiy with Dark Cloak and Shadow Image.

Edited by Jeckll on December 2, 2015 10:22AM
    Jeckll has quit the game. Thanks for the great time.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to be sneaky Nightblade, if you want to be mobile Sorcerer, if you want to be tanky DK/Templar
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."