Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Orsinium DLC getting to veteran rank 16

MUSTACHMAN654
MUSTACHMAN654
✭✭
I am a level 36 orc dragon knight an shave downloaded the newest ESO DLC Orsinium, and have encountered a severe problem that I'm sure most of you have run into. As you know, all of the enemies in Wrothgar are Veteran rank 16. Because of this, I have not been able to defeat any enemies without the help of allies that are veteran rank 16. I find this very absurd because it will take me over a year to level up to veteran rank 16. I am currently continuing the quest, "For King and Glory" butteh main boss that you have to defeat in order to complete the quest is also veteran rank 16, and so I keep dying a countless number of times. Please help me convince Bethesda to change this, for it is a powerful potential rage-quit cause.
  • Shadowolfs
    Orsinium DLC is designed for all players any level. If you have some problem with survival, you should consider changing some skills or your build. There is battle level system, it makes your character stats as veteran 16.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, something not right there. I have made alts and taken them to Orsinium at literally level 3. They do just fine, even though they even lack any skills. Your character is scaled to the environment. Look at your character sheet, it says you are leveled to v15. No matter what level you are, you should be able to take on the enemies.

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Lord-Gibson
    Lord-Gibson
    ✭✭
    Yeah I re-rolled an Orc just for Orsinium and once it launched I was only level 30; I'm now a vet 14. I did all this in Orsinium and some in other places but it is definitely plausible to do in Orsinium. Like @qlalaeb17_ESO said it is battle level so you may need to look at your cp and your stat points and do some adjusting. Im using a Templar Orc who uses 2h and 1hS and I mostly just rely on the weapon abilities.

If you need help with this I can help as well as many other people who are on the forums. Are you having problems staying alive or is it a damage issue?
    Scott D. Gibson
    Beasts Of Ebonheart/ Guildmaster
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't understand.. I completed the main story no problems at level 23 on a Magicka DK, so it's definitely possible.

7plLBSY.jpg

Do you have battle levelling switched off? I'm not sure if that option disables it in Orsinium like it does Cyrodiil, but it's worth checking.
  • Vyle_Byte
    Vyle_Byte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alucardo wrote: »
    Do you have battle levelling switched off? I'm not sure if that option disables it in Orsinium like it does Cyrodiil, but it's worth checking.

I'm fairly certain it's not even an option anymore. Battle leveling is just that. There is no setting to turn it off or on, you just are... I think until you hit V15.

Member of the Old Guard
    Mother of the Byte Family
    Vyle Byte||Ivana Byte||Vyible Byte||Hakate Vampler Former EMPRESS BWB||Haan Zolo {Retired} (He swung first)||Lunari ||Wardyn Chalyk Tahno||Dirti Dianah||Bonnie||
    Viva la Byte
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyle_Byte wrote: »
    I'm fairly certain it's not even an option anymore. Battle leveling is just that. There is no setting to turn it off or on, you just are... I think until you hit V15.
    Oh right, I didn't realise they had removed it. Kept it on for obvious reasons so never touched it xD
    Was kinda hoping it was going to be a disabled battle levelling so I didn't have to point my fingers at a L2P issue. I don't like going there..
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is my 10 cents worth,
    I went to Wrothgar right after creating a new character, lvl3,

I found that fight were challenging and my resources run low in a 1 v X fight with NPC,
    I then crafted myself the armour sets that i thought i would like to use........

WHAT an improvement.....

IF you want to go to Wrothgar and not struggle too much GET armour sets as the bonusses you get from them are VR15 Bonusses....even though the set is lvl4...

PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    Orsinium DLC is designed for all players any level. If you have some problem with survival, you should consider changing some skills or your build. There is battle level system, it makes your character stats as veteran 16.

What does that mean? I have to create a whole new character, even though I've been playing ESO for over a year with him? If that is so, I think it is very absurd for Bethesda to make our original characters useless against the many enemies of Wrothgar. Also, almost all of the additional online players are veteran rank levels, so I have no idea if I am doing something wrong, or my game is effected by them facing enemies that are adjusted to their veteran rank level.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get some decent gear sets. I used to play a lower level character with random pieces of gear, but with the new battle leveling and a couple of good sets (just blue quality pieces and enchants, not difficult to get at all), I have nearly the same stats as my main character.

rip decibel
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What does that mean? I have to create a whole new character, even though I've been playing ESO for over a year with him? <snip> Also, almost all of the additional online players are veteran rank levels, so I have no idea if I am doing something wrong, or my game is effected by them facing enemies that are adjusted to their veteran rank level.

No, you don't need to start a new character. The one you have now is bumped up to V15 when you enter the zone. Everyone elses' level doesn't affect the enemies you encounter, they are always the same. What you don't have are some of the additional skills and passives you'd unlock as you level a character, which will make it a bit harder than if you were a "real" V15.

I suspect the sudden increase in functional difficulty may be revealing a weakness in your build that you'd otherwise have changed gradually on your own as you leveled. Why don't you post your build here for suggestions on how to tweak it, better armor sets, etc.? If you are on PC, the add-on MyBuild makes a good, concise screenshot.

• Dyynamic70
    Dyynamic70
    ✭✭✭
    I was in Orsinium last night and saw a dolmen close by, decided to head on over and try it out...When I reached the Unfinished Dolmen it was a warzone. Must of been at least 15 of us players against countless baddies and one really *** huge baddie. Anyway, after this I asked around and many people said there are a few places that you NEED to have a group to accomplish.

I know this may not answer your question outright, but look back and see if you were trying to complete an area intended for a group.
    PC/NA
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    Dyynamic70 wrote: »
    I was in Orsinium last night and saw a dolmen close by, decided to head on over and try it out...When I reached the Unfinished Dolmen it was a warzone. Must of been at least 15 of us players against countless baddies and one really *** huge baddie. Anyway, after this I asked around and many people said there are a few places that you NEED to have a group to accomplish.

I know this may not answer your question outright, but look back and see if you were trying to complete an area intended for a group.

I know that this would sound completely insane, but when I was trying to complete the quest, I was facing and defeating every enemy in my path with a group of players, but when I got to Iceheart's door with King Kurog and entered them to then face him, everyone in my group was gone. The only person that accompanied me in my battle was King Kurog, who did not apply too many attacks to Iceheart. After Iceheart defeated Kurog, he immediately attacked and killed me. After trying many times to defeat him, I gave up and decided to focus on getting ancient orc armor pieces. What frustrated me the most was, that I was seeing players that were level 30 coming out of the doors after completing the task.
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    What does that mean? I have to create a whole new character, even though I've been playing ESO for over a year with him? <snip> Also, almost all of the additional online players are veteran rank levels, so I have no idea if I am doing something wrong, or my game is effected by them facing enemies that are adjusted to their veteran rank level.

No, you don't need to start a new character. The one you have now is bumped up to V15 when you enter the zone. Everyone elses' level doesn't affect the enemies you encounter, they are always the same. What you don't have are some of the additional skills and passives you'd unlock as you level a character, which will make it a bit harder than if you were a "real" V15.

I suspect the sudden increase in functional difficulty may be revealing a weakness in your build that you'd otherwise have changed gradually on your own as you leveled. Why don't you post your build here for suggestions on how to tweak it, better armor sets, etc.? If you are on PC, the add-on MyBuild makes a good, concise screenshot.

How do I post a screenshot from my Xbox One to the forums. And also, I do not want to change any pieces of armor that my current character is wearing except for the boots, shoulder pads, helmet, and gauntlets. I would specifically like these items to be that of the ancient orc armor motif. Furthermore, I have realized that my Daggerfall Covenant chest plate and sabatons that I have received from cashing in Tel-Var stones in the Imperial City have come to have to not protect me anymore, that includes my girdle as well. Do you have any suggestions on getting these ancient orc armor pieces, and/or giving me some advice on how to strengthen my special armor pieces? P.S. I'm sorry if I am bombarding you with questions, but how is my character bumped up to vet rank 15?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like you are just randomly picking up pieces? Or are you using crafted sets that work for your build (like Hist Bark, Ashen Grip, etc.), improving them to higher quality and then enchanting them with appropriate aspect runes? And keeping them repaired via repair kits or visiting merchants?

You may know all this, but I'm just covering the bases. If the answer to the above is no, that could be a large part of the problem. If your armor and weapon are not up to snuff, it makes the content much harder.

If you aren't a crafter, find someone who is and get a set made to order. The Ancient Orc motifs are fairly hard to come by since they have so many pages, so crafting that style will probably be expensive (unless a guild mate or friendly soul helps), but if you've picked up any of those motif pages you should be able to sell them for a pretty penny, or maybe trade for crafting services. They drop in the public dungeons in Wrothgar only. I have some of the pages, but I'm on PC so I can't help you.

To post an image on the forum, use a free image hosting service and use the picture icon in the toolbar to post a link.

• MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    It sounds like you are just randomly picking up pieces? Or are you using crafted sets that work for your build (like Hist Bark, Ashen Grip, etc.), improving them to higher quality and then enchanting them with appropriate aspect runes? And keeping them repaired via repair kits or visiting merchants?

You may know all this, but I'm just covering the bases. If the answer to the above is no, that could be a large part of the problem. If your armor and weapon are not up to snuff, it makes the content much harder.

If you aren't a crafter, find someone who is and get a set made to order. The Ancient Orc motifs are fairly hard to come by since they have so many pages, so crafting that style will probably be expensive (unless a guild mate or friendly soul helps), but if you've picked up any of those motif pages you should be able to sell them for a pretty penny, or maybe trade for crafting services. They drop in the public dungeons in Wrothgar only. I have some of the pages, but I'm on PC so I can't help you.

To post an image on the forum, use a free image hosting service and use the picture icon in the toolbar to post a link.

How do you find these Wrothgar public dungeons, and what are Hist Bark and Ashen Grip? Furthermore, how do I get a devoted helper to come up to me and ask me if I want the armor pieces I would prefer in the ancient orc motif? Also, is it appropriate to post a question on the forums to other players on xbox one that have the motif to help me acquire them?
  • cossamaximus
    I went into Orsinium at level 49, with a Templar build I had...and all but the world bosses were achievable solo.

Your character must not be using armour sets and or be geared up all that well, especially so if you are struggling when you are battle levelled for Orsinium! It seems to take into account your gear, so if its subpar to what it should ideally be, then the levelling system will under scale you.

Battle levelling tends to follow averages I have found, it never does something you expect it should do.

I have had my vet 13 NB down levelled on a few of my stats like recovery for example...when entering Orsinium.

So I wish they gave the option to turn battle levelling off too, like others have even suggested. But they don't give you this option.

I play on the XBox, and to be fair, they DLC is buggy as hell, I have made gear from veteran level 8 quicksilver mats, because the stats were higher than making it in void mats at level 14, well strange! But then to find out when I left the Orsinium area its was actually a bug, and the gear scaled as it should have done in the first place. Resulting to lower figure than were seen whilst in Orsinium.

Just an example on the Julianos set, the spell critical value for my quicksilver heavy helmet @ vet level 8 was 600, and the voidstone equivalent @ vet level 14 was only 582.

For all you know, you may just have to go make some new gear in the Orsinium area, and it will surprising level things up for you.

• Dyynamic70
    Dyynamic70
    ✭✭✭
    I know that this would sound completely insane, but when I was trying to complete the quest, I was facing and defeating every enemy in my path with a group of players, but when I got to Iceheart's door with King Kurog and entered them to then face him, everyone in my group was gone. The only person that accompanied me in my battle was King Kurog, who did not apply too many attacks to Iceheart. After Iceheart defeated Kurog, he immediately attacked and killed me. After trying many times to defeat him, I gave up and decided to focus on getting ancient orc armor pieces. What frustrated me the most was, that I was seeing players that were level 30 coming out of the doors after completing the task.

If you were in a group, YOU alone were not defeating the enemies, your group members were helping as well. As soon as you started soloing you were not able to defeat Iceheart. I defeated Iceheart, solo, last night without any problems. I would take a moment to search out some armour builds, join a guild where you can get advice on particular quests and help with crafting some good armour. Two members of one of my guilds crafted me a great set when I became v1. The difference was very noticeable.

Join a guild, get yourself set up with some good gear and then try Iceheart again. I am quite sure you will be successful.

Good Luck.
    PC/NA
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really don't understand.. I completed the main story no problems at level 23 on a Magicka DK, so it's definitely possible.

7plLBSY.jpg

Lol Jalapeno Firebum.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    Dyynamic70 wrote: »

If you were in a group, YOU alone were not defeating the enemies, your group members were helping as well. As soon as you started soloing you were not able to defeat Iceheart. I defeated Iceheart, solo, last night without any problems. I would take a moment to search out some armour builds, join a guild where you can get advice on particular quests and help with crafting some good armour. Two members of one of my guilds crafted me a great set when I became v1. The difference was very noticeable.

Join a guild, get yourself set up with some good gear and then try Iceheart again. I am quite sure you will be successful.

Good Luck.

Well yes, but the think is, I only want to change certain parts of my armor. I acquired the armor that I love from the Imperial City, and I never want to change them. I only want to defeat Iceheart to continue with the DLC storyline. Also, I am surely not going to be in the veteran ranks for a while. Also, can you give me some tips on what you did to defeat Iceheart?
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭

7plLBSY.jpg

I know this is completely off topic of my original question, but how did you acquire those pieces of armor that consist of being in the ancient orc motif?
  • Dyynamic70
    Dyynamic70
    ✭✭✭

Well yes, but the think is, I only want to change certain parts of my armor. I acquired the armor that I love from the Imperial City, and I never want to change them. I only want to defeat Iceheart to continue with the DLC storyline. Also, I am surely not going to be in the veteran ranks for a while. Also, can you give me some tips on what you did to defeat Iceheart?

Ok. So this tells me you like the way your armour LOOKS and NOT how your armour performs. This is fine, but realize YOU may not perform well during certain fights as your armour/build may not be giving you the buffs/debuffs/protection you need to win the fights.

I say, group up with someone to help you through the quests that you are having trouble with, then you can keep the armour you love and have fun at the same time.
    PC/NA
  • Patouf
    Patouf
    ✭✭✭
    The screenshot armor is an achievement
    (finish the main quest)

From lvl 15 to lvl 25 I was in Orsi soloable everything except boss, and playing with V16 was great. I liked it, I really like this DLC!
    Ruined Laggy Broken Game
    Sithis & Psijic Order
    Sithis and spacetime. From nothing to everything.
    Dark, Aurbis, Aetherius-Oblivion, Mundus, Nirn, Tamriel. Dark again, something else.
    Dark is categorical, the absolute zero.
    VØID

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do you find these Wrothgar public dungeons, and what are Hist Bark and Ashen Grip? Furthermore, how do I get a devoted helper to come up to me and ask me if I want the armor pieces I would prefer in the ancient orc motif? Also, is it appropriate to post a question on the forums to other players on xbox one that have the motif to help me acquire them?

Info on crafted sets, where you make them and what they do:
    http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Set+Bonus+Crafting+Locations

Threads posted on this forum for crafting usually get closed. You may want to look through the guild recruitment forums to find one that suits your playstyle; guildmates play together, trade together and do favors for each other. On PC people post in zone chat, but I'm not sure how feasible that is on console with no text chat feature.

You find the public dungeons (Old Orsinium and Rkindaleft) by exploring, or maybe searching online for a map.
  • Xellos77
    Xellos77
    ✭✭✭
    Couple of points to consider:

1) Get some crafted gear sets as others have noted. The difference in character ability/survivability is definitely noticeable.
    2) World bosses and dolmens (as far as I know) in Orsinium require groups, unlike those in vanilla that can be taken on solo. If you go alone, you will get smashed. Hard.

Battle leveling should allow you to tackle Orsinium content, regardless of actual level. It was designed that way.
    Ebonheart Pact/PS4/NA
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this DLC obsoleted the concept of leveling up a character, which for many like me is the main point of the game, the journey not the arrival.

/sigh
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KerinKor wrote: »
    So this DLC obsoleted the concept of leveling up a character, which for many like me is the main point of the game, the journey not the arrival.

/sigh

Not exactly, you are just battle levelled to v15 as the mobs are that level, your level remains the same, and if you go back to normal zones, then your stats will revert to normal, same with going into PvP.

Sorry to hear you had issues OP, but sounds like a build problem, gear/skills/cp management.

Hope you get it sorted however.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xellos77 wrote: »
    2) World bosses and dolmens (as far as I know) in Orsinium require groups, unlike those in vanilla that can be taken on solo. If you go alone, you will get smashed. Hard.

The only dolmen in Wrothgar is a world boss. One of the toughest, IMO.
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    SHADOW2KK wrote: »
    KerinKor wrote: »

/sigh

Not exactly, you are just battle levelled to v15 as the mobs are that level, your level remains the same, and if you go back to normal zones, then your stats will revert to normal, same with going into PvP.

Sorry to hear you had issues OP, but sounds like a build problem, gear/skills/cp management.

Hope you get it sorted however.

So Bethesda expects you to beat enemies that are far off into level v rank 16?
  • MUSTACHMAN654
    MUSTACHMAN654
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry to post this, but I don't think I will ever progress in the storyline of the DLC. I have tried everything but nothing seems to make sense. I feel like I am the only eso player who will never defeat Iceheart. I do not even understand how to post a picture of my character's physical appearance onto the forums :(.
  • MisterBigglesworth
    MisterBigglesworth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sorry to post this, but I don't think I will ever progress in the storyline of the DLC. I have tried everything but nothing seems to make sense. I feel like I am the only eso player who will never defeat Iceheart. I do not even understand how to post a picture of my character's physical appearance onto the forums :(.

What class are you? How do you have your attibute points spent? (i.e. mostly in Magic? mostly in Stamina?)
    Edited by MisterBigglesworth on December 10, 2015 3:25AM
    Really we do it without like, the musical instruments. This is the only musical: the mouth. And hopefully the brain attached to the mouth. Right? The brain, more important than the mouth, is the brain. The brain is much more important.