The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Game crashes all the TIME

Carterboy254
Carterboy254
✭✭
WHY DOES THIS GAME CRASH SO MUCH IT SHOOTS ME ALL THE WAY BACK TO THE DASHBOARD IN THE PAST HOUR I CRASHED OVER 7 TIMES AND ANYTIME I GO TO A CRAFTING STATION IT CRASHES FIX YOUR DAMN GAME
Gt on Xbox One: OhMyItsSlim www.twitter.com/OhMyItsSlim www.twitch.tv/OhMyItsSlim

Hello My fellow Gaming brothers && sisters I host gameplay of all kind of games such as ESo, Battlefront, Rainbow 6 siege, 2k, COD, and many more While streaming I offer gameplay hints and tips on anything your heart desire such as combos, money making tips, fast grinds etc. I will answer all questions and absolutely love all my viewers. All I ask is that you come watch me stream from time to time and tell your friends to come watch and follow my Twitch and twitter.

• Cyric81
    Cyric81
    Me to.. Haven't had this problem in a while. Downloaded new patch today and now game unplayable.. Not ok
  • Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    Peel_Ya_Cap_517
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I have to admit, it has been crashing a lot on Xbox since the DLC..

While I think you guys are greatly exaggerating and the game is still playable, there does seem to be increased crashing while in Wrothgar.
    N64 NA EP
  • makeyurself
    makeyurself
    ✭✭✭
    I have crashed 5 times tonight. This hasn't happened to me before.
    Xbox NA:
    • Soren Hawkheart- Breton Spellsword (DC) Sorcerer
    • Kaenan- Imperial Paladin (EP) Templar
    • Revan- Dunmer Vampire Inferno Mage (EP) Dragonknight
    • Faerandil- Altmer Sage (AD) Templar
    • Aureyna- Altmer Arcane Warrior (AD) Sorcerer
    • Aurthalion- Altme Battle Mage (AD) Sorcerer
    • Dahlek- Argonian Shadowmage/Shadowscale (AD) Nightblade
    • Callion- Breton Thief & Assassin (AD) Nightblade
    • Eldaran- Lore-breaking half-elf Elementalist, not of Nirn (DC) Dragonknight
    • Quenandir- Altmer Ranger (AD) Nighblade
    • Saelif- Breton/Altmer MG Adept (AD) Templar

• DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    Hm I crashed last night before bed. I haven't crashed today, but seem to be getting these little stutters which yesterday I had them and then got progressivly worse as my pet was stuttering majoraly as in no animations, but jumps from one side of the screen to the other, but I was moving fine, then it crashed to Xbox Dashboard. I'm not sure why this happened as my Xbox also lost my internet password after trying a restart, things have been ok so far after retyping it still get the microstutters, but no crashes since knock on wood.
  • sean.plackerb14_ESO
    sean.plackerb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get about 1 or 2 lock ups per day. Usually the game will just freeze, but the audio and voice chat keeps going.
    @sean8102 - Carlore - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Carterboy254
    Carterboy254
    ✭✭
    All of these happen to me the game is playable but I just get tires of it crashing and kicking me to dashboard having to restart over and over
    Gt on Xbox One: OhMyItsSlim www.twitter.com/OhMyItsSlim www.twitch.tv/OhMyItsSlim

Hello My fellow Gaming brothers && sisters I host gameplay of all kind of games such as ESo, Battlefront, Rainbow 6 siege, 2k, COD, and many more While streaming I offer gameplay hints and tips on anything your heart desire such as combos, money making tips, fast grinds etc. I will answer all questions and absolutely love all my viewers. All I ask is that you come watch me stream from time to time and tell your friends to come watch and follow my Twitch and twitter.

• Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    The game is usually good for one or two crashes a play session for me. Today however I'm plagued with crashes in Wrothgar. It started after I accidentally stole something near a guild trader. An invisible guard stopped me but nothing happened it allowed me to continue on without paying or fleeing.

After that I crash every time I load into the bank. With any character. It took me 7-8 crashes to get out of the bank on the first character. Also every time I log out of a character from Wrothgar and try to switch to another that logged out in Wrothgar it crashes.

Very annoying it's making doing all my character writs even more of a chore.
  • jert14
    jert14
    I'm having the same issue but only in orsinium. I only get about 5 seconds before crashing.
  • BigMac_Smiley
    BigMac_Smiley
    ✭✭✭
    I have been having trouble with crashes for a while in PVP and occasionally PVE. Not sure if it is because of the last patch, but I have been noticing it more; although, that could be because I have been in PVP more. For the most part I can play the game for hours, but once the lag starts and I crash it continues even when I log back on. I will crash 2-4 times in a row which forces me to leave my current location or log off for a bit. Usually I don't crash to dashboard and just get Disconnected, but there are times when I do.
  • niccolo91
    niccolo91
    Me too crashed 5 times in last 15 minutes just trying to get out of wrothgar it is the only place it happens.
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds dumb, but I have had some rare success on other titles by turning my system completely off for a while after having issues.
  • Atomsk27
    Atomsk27
    ✭✭
    Is it just crashing in wrothgar? I haven't bought the DLC and I have 0 problems. And yes as the person above said, sometimes turning off the Xbox and unplugging it for a hard restart helps.
  • TheBronox
    TheBronox
    I've been having problems staying connected and getting Dash boarded myself quite often with the last few patches and DLC drop. Seems like I'm getting disconnected every 30 Seconds sometimes, and multiple times. Everyday I get dashboarded and disconnected up to at least 25+ times. Which is irritating.

I've been told from ZoS that it's my end and I should contact Xbox Support for more assistance.. I don't understand why it would concern them, this is the only thing I have a problem connecting to, and it's only gotten this bad recently. I just wish we could get some answers on this problem!! I have a thread open as well, has been for over 2/3 weeks and no answers yet.

As a ESO plus member, I feel I'm losing a ton of playing time on some days. Makes it that much more frustrating.
  • T5dogz
    T5dogz
    only crashes for me on wrothgar
  • Malsidius
    Malsidius
    ✭✭✭
    Game crashes a lot when I'm in wroth garden too. I haven't been able to play for more than a minute or two.
  • Malsidius
    Malsidius
    ✭✭✭
    Blasted auto correct *Wrothgar
  • mandoevsy
    mandoevsy
    Soul Shriven
    I downloaded the game for the free weekend to see if they had fixed the mess that was this game at launch only to find myself unable to get passed the character creation before it crashed. Waste of a download and SO GLAD I didn't actually spend money on this tripe.

Uninstall...
  • Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    Past few days the game has kicked me back to dashboard regularly. It's not the internet connection as I have been streaming a college basketball game in its entirety. The game crash is not right.
    Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.
  • Ravens-Sonata
    Ravens-Sonata
    ✭✭✭
    Game has crashed now 3 times for me just at the char screen, atm I think it is a Xbox Live issue, howver just seeing if others having the same issue
  • NetoJON
    NetoJON
    maybe the issue right now that you guys have is the live issue
    http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status
    Edited by NetoJON on December 12, 2015 9:23PM
  • Ravens-Sonata
    Ravens-Sonata
    ✭✭✭
    Not Xbox Live on this one at least for me- Im in chat with Xbox Live now -- I logged into the game after 3 attempts and they arent detecting errors on my end or their regarding ESO gameplay --
    They will be also investigating issues with the lack of response from ZOS regarding the crashes, lags, freezes etc that have been ignored thus far!

AS of 4:56pm CST - Xbox Live issue resolved - If you still are crashing etc - Its Not Xbox Live
    Edited by Ravens-Sonata on December 12, 2015 10:57PM
  • Grignartoht
    Grignartoht
    Soul Shriven
    Had to let my sub expire. It's "their" job to fix this and not me. If you want my sub back, fix the dog gone game. p.s. I did try workarounds and none of them worked.
  • Carterboy254
    Carterboy254
    ✭✭
    Yeah I notice I don't crash as often as I did anymore but it still will crash some days.

• Angus
    Angus
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on PC, but found my crashes (once every 30-45 minutes) were caused by having textures on "high".

As soon as I dropped it to medium, the crashes stopped, been months now.

All other settings can be maxed out (on my machine), it was isolated to the textures.

Not sure if any of this is helpful to console players, or if you even have a graphics settings.
    Edited by Angus on January 28, 2016 7:22PM
    Angus of Noquar franchise.
    And some others.
  • Carterboy254
    Carterboy254
    ✭✭
    I'm on xbox 1 and found all my crashes in wrothgar just hanging out or soon as I touch the clothing station in orsinium

• Levi
    Levi
    ✭✭✭
    I was just kicked 6 times while trying to create a character. Seems excessive
    Levi Canonach VR16 Templar Healer - DC NA
    Coda Canonach VR16 Templar Stamina DPS - DC NA
    Faolan D'lanach VR16 Nightblade Healer/DPS - DC NA
    J'Aorka VR16 Nightblade Stamina DPS - AD NA
    Moon'Moon VR16 Dragonknight Tank - DC NA
    Rapha Yeshimone - VR16 Sorcerer Healer/DPS - DC NA
    Trelos Flacara VR1 Dragonknight Magicka DPS - DC NA
  • MarcoPolo
    MarcoPolo
    ✭✭✭
    I have crashed about 7 times in the past 15mins, as soon as I get logged on am back at dash board getting very annoying
  • MarcoPolo
    MarcoPolo
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and when I do get on long enough everything is frigging pink so I have to log back out anyway
  • BlackguardBob
    BlackguardBob
    ✭✭✭
    I get crash to desktop frequently on the XB1 EU.
  • mistermutiny89
    mistermutiny89
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 7 master crafters that need to log into Wrothgar everyday and now every second or third log in takes me back to the dashboard. Sometimes when the game doesn't crash during log in it crashes whilst crafting or opening doors. Instead of it taking me 45 mins to complete writs it usually takes me 60-75 mins every day thanks to this.

I'm loading back in from my third crash this hour as I type. The denial on Zenimax's side needs to end.
    Guild Leader : Defenders Of Miley
    XB1 EU
    EP | VR16 Breton NB -mistermutiny
    AD | VR16 Dunmer DK - Grigori
    AD | VR16 Altmer Sorcerer - Isvoleet
    AD | VR16 Imperial DK - Leonidas
    AD | VR16 Bosmer NB - Hood
    AD | VR16 Breton Templar - Dante
    AD | VR16 Redguard Sorcerer - Raiden
    AD | VR7 Khajiit Templar - Ike'ilyew
    DC | 160 Breton NB - Vergil

"Hmmm... Very convincing.. Does the illusion apply to.. Everywhere? Perhaps this one should have a moment alone in private to double check" - Razum'Dar