The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Is there a free camera option in ESO, like it was in Skyrim?

altemriel
altemriel
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Hi mates, question: Is there in ESO a console command, like it was in Skyrim, that enables the camera to go away from the player and go up and down to the sky and basically whenever I want it to go (good for making landscape videos for example, etc.)?
  • vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    vladimilianoub17_ESO1
    ✭✭✭✭
    nope
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be a good thing to have. Would be exploited in Cyrodill in obvious ways and would be used in PVE as a way to look for things like books and skyshards to avoid mobs.

I wouldn't hold my breath.
    What ESO really needs is an Auction Horse.
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

Want more crazy ideas? Check out my Concept Repository!
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gidorick wrote: »
    Would be a good thing to have. Would be exploited in Cyrodill in obvious ways and would be used in PVE as a way to look for things like books and skyshards to avoid mobs.

well, that is true, that would not be so good, that could be misused. I just remember how good it was to make videos with that in Skyrim.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »

well, that is true, that would not be so good, that could be misused. I just remember how good it was to make videos with that in Skyrim.

I totally agree. Now, they could lock the camera out of cyrodiil and "hide" skyshards and books while the camera is in use.

This is something for which I'd gladly pay 1000 crowns.
    Edited by Gidorick on December 1, 2015 7:48AM
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I totally agree. Now, they could lock the camera out of cyrodiil and "hide" skyshards and books while the camera is in use.

yes, that could solve that, and even they could "hide" other players in Cyrodiil, while the camera would be unlocked. So that it would not be misused for tactical scouting in PVP.
  • Gidorick
    Gidorick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yes, that could solve that, and even they could "hide" other players in Cyrodiil, while the camera would be unlocked. So that it would not be misused for tactical scouting in PVP.

At least hide players in other factions. I could see that working. So... we have the following hidden items for a free-camera:
    • Other faction players (in Cyrodiil)
    • Skyshards
    • Lorebooks
    • Chests

Anything else?
    That's right... Horse.
    Click HERE to discuss.

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

At least hide players in other factions. I could see that working. So... we have the following hidden items for a free-camera:
    • Other faction players (in Cyrodiil)
    • Skyshards
    • Lorebooks
    • Chests

Anything else?

maybe quest giver NPCs too
  • Tors
    Tors
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a "free mouse look" option, look under camer options within keybindings.

It doesent allow any more panning than the current mouse wheel back and forward, but it does allow you to spin the camera around you.

Add the "remove UI" key and you can get some decent results
    Better late Than Pregnant....
    The shadow cabinet, a group of people who pretend to have jobs they do not actually have

EU PC - Azura's Star
    Decimation Elite - Raid Jester