The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

This is not PvP

bikerangelo
bikerangelo
✭✭✭✭✭
To Zenimax, Wrobel, Wheeler, and whoever else is somewhat related to this mess.

I'm not going to blame any guilds or players for the horrible performance on your servers. It's really difficult to point fingers at any player who exploits game mechanics that were put there by someone else. All I hear in zone is "ambush spam," "EP zerg," "DC never zergs but AD has a zerg," but none of those players are doing anything inherently wrong. Zergs may lag the server, but it's your server and your mechanics that are causing the lag. It's your quick solutions and "1 button fix-all" mentality that has driven PvP into a 6 fps, 500+ ping nightmare. And if you're unlucky enough to log onto a different PvP server, hope you enjoy the horse simulator and capping resources by yourself until you get mini zerged by the other 20 people on the server with nothing better to do. Seriously, we can 2 man outposts on other servers and literally receive 0 resistance, because everyone else is involved in the zergfest on Azura's Star. You're probably hearing this from every angle, so I'm actually going to give you some ideas rather than blow more steam.

1. AoE Caps: the sooner you guarantee removal, the sooner lots of people will be happy.

2. Imperial City: remove all spawn points in the districts and add more risk vs. reward. Some players don't even care about tel var stones, mostly because they can buy the PvP sets from other players. There also need to be more PvP objectives, otherwise it will remain as a failed PvE update. Plus, the spawn points are a joke that only encourage endless skirmishes. Your primary goal should be to evaluate which mechanics encourage longer fights, whether in Cyrodiil or Imperial City. Doing so will highlight many problems with server performance.
On a side note, Imperial City would also be a great place for instanced PvP, where you have 2 teams of 12 work against each other to capture a district without NPC's. Just one little element of pure PvP will significantly enhance this game. If arenas are in the distant future (which many people are constantly praying for), this might just tide some players over who are on the verge of quitting.

3. Do not add capturable objectives in the questing towns: Any capturable element added to the semi-open PvP gamescape in this current meta will get zerged. If you evaluate the success of Imperial City, it drew every PvP player away from Cyrodiil for a solid week. The same will happen to any new objective. Everyone is tired of sieging, capturing keeps, repairing walls, etc. If you introduce something new before the current system is even fixed, you'll wind up with a bigger mess than you could ever hope to rectify. I'm actually surprised there isn't a single instanced PvP mechanic in this game, as that would've been your saving grace ever since the servers began performing horribly.

To sum up, this is not PvP. This is a cupcake of PvE with a tiny drop of PvP frosting the size of a thumb tack. Make this game rely on skill. Make it challenging. Make it stable. You have the groundwork for a great game with plenty of options in front of you.
That's really all I've got for now, please make this game as good as it used to be before I find something else to fill my time.
  • SoulScream
    SoulScream
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This company cannot or will not make the changes needed.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS is too afraid. The have always favored the new and unexperienced players. Every major combat change proves that ZOS does not want the PVE players to get hurt by the hard core PVP players. I played the game when the original AOE cap was introduced. It was a quick fix to stop the small 12 man groups from chewing up 100's of players (which by the way we did the slaughter was terrible.) Instead of fixing the broken skills and balancing the classes they instead choose to cap AOE damage. This same mentality has prevailed. Look at the battle spirit nerf buff.

ZOS you need to start at ground zero and remove all the horrible self imposed easy fixes and actually start balancing the classes. This is your only job if the person in charge can not wrap their head around the issue and actually fix them one at a time then guess what....It's to hire someone who can. I am being honestly blunt. When things are broke they need to be fixed. Not by tossing a new coat of paint on it but by tearing into the wall fixing the leak and doing the job right.

• Raizin
    Raizin
    ✭✭✭✭
    HellSeesYou = v16/AD/Rank 37-Former emp/EU TB-AZura(Old Auriels Bow badass) ___ Vampire Templar/Resto/Destro staff user from Banana squad
    HellSeesAll - v16/EP/Rank 19 Magicka NB/Necrotic Lag member
    HellSeesUs - v16/AD/Rank 18 Stamina Templar
  • JaJaLuka
    JaJaLuka
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are a few issues surrounding the changes that need to be made.

1. From what I'm aware (and this point is purely hypothetical) when games release their "final" game, in this case a year ago, at some point following this event there are major lay offs in staff. I'd guess that's why this game's business model changed from pay to play, to buy to play. It means they don't have the staff (or now the income to pay the staff) to make major changes outside of the scheduled major updates. I agree that this game needed a lot more thought in terms of PvP, including an arena, but I doubt it will happen.
    2. The people who really make the changes happen are those at the top of the company food chain, not the devs. So far the efforts have been directed towards Skyrim, linear style PvE content. Any further efforts to make major changes to PvP won't happen for a long time, if ever.
    3. With any PvP come exploits. Sadly I think the fairest, most skill based PvP comes with sacrifices like cooldowns (to cancel out things some exploits, both accepted and otherwise, like animation cancelling etc) but this games core style runs off of an action real time system which in its own way make it unique. Sorry for the comparison, but the meta in PvP (due to action/real time mechanics) are those who use the "whack a mole" style of play, similar to CoD, it's very rare to see a straight up medieval style fight in Cyrodiil, which is where a lot of people get annoyed with this game (personally I get bored by this and would rather die in PvP running in and having fun than trying to be "leet" :tongue: ). That system IMO is where the real imbalance between the classes and concepts like healing done vs. damage per second. Also I know people disagree with me that cooldowns would make this game more skills based instead of a key mash scenario (a lot of people don't realise this, but skill and an intelligent fight should not revolve around who can hit that DPS skill faster or stack a shield the highest in an instant, making players consider what skills to use and when to use them is far, far more dynamic and we'd have seen many more skills used instead of only a couple), and that's fine, this is just my opinion and it will never happen anyway, so there's no harm in discussing.
    Edited by JaJaLuka on November 29, 2015 11:55PM
    Krojick, DC Sorc PC NA
    Milámber, EP Sorc PC NA
    Brunack, EP DK PC NA
    General Mark Shephard, EP Temp PC NA (Worst temp NA XD )
    Krojick Nightblade, DC NB PC NA
    Others...
  • ThyIronFist
    ThyIronFist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcGUucf.jpg
    The Elder Zergs Online
    Sainur Ironfist - DK - EU - Ebonheart Pact
    Retired
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dcGUucf.jpg

Exactly how I felt writing this, what's the point.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hardly play because of the PvP badness lately. Mostly the lag and lack of attention for PvP and the PvPdisguised PvE content called IC really made me think which direction TESO is going. Yep, it's going in a PvE random direction. No plans, no thinking ahead. Only money on their eyeballs and as much content in the crownstore for ridiculous pricings.

Don't get me wrong, Wrothgar was a great zone. But there are other mmo's which I like PvE better. I came here to PvP and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of gum
    Edited by Knootewoot on December 1, 2015 3:35PM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    I hardly play because of the PvP badness lately. Mostly the lag and lack of attention for PvP and the PvPdisguised PvE content called IC really made me think which direction TESO is going. Yep, it's going in a PvE random direction. No plans, no thinking ahead. Only money on their eyeballs and as much content in the crownstore for ridiculous pricings.

Don't get me wrong, Wrothgar was a great zone. But there are other mmo's which I like PvE better. I came here to PvP and chew bubblegum. And I'm all out of gum

And worse, most of the players leaving ESO, bought Fallout 4. More money in zenimax/Bethesda's pockets :(.

I'd feel a little better about the whole situation if I didn't just get Ambush-sandwiched by two nightblades for a couple of seconds :( .
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Forumer-in-Prison
    Forumer-in-Prison
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    ]

And worse, most of the players leaving ESO, bought Fallout 4. More money in zenimax/Bethesda's pockets :(.

I think Zeni has nothing to do with Fallout right?
    Siblings-in-Prison

Lore:
    At a time of chaos and turmoil, children from all across tamriel have been taken by an evil Argonian Thieves guild. They were raised in captivity, forced to learn their captors evil ways and endured the harsh environment of Black Marsh. The intentions of the evil guild is still unknown till this day.

Amisdt the events surrounding the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a brave few has escaped their captors and ran off as far away as they can, eventually landing on the shores of khenarthi's roost.

Armed with the skills and the scars they have endured during their captivity, these brothers and sisters in chains has vowed revenge on their Argonian captors and their allies.

They kept the names branded to them by the evil reptiles as a reminder of all the pain and torment they have suffered, and have joined the Aldmeri Dominion as a means to an end... Paint Tamriel with Argonian blood.
      [*] Close-to-Prison | Khajiit | Cat of Life
      [*] Sliced-in-Prison | Bosmer | Suction Blade
      [*] Hunk-in-Prison | Breton | Hunky Blade
      [*] Muse-in-Prison | Altmer | Healing Babe
      [*] Hot-in-Prison | Breton | HotBod Killer

• Knootewoot
      Knootewoot
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Minno wrote: »
      ]

I think Zeni has nothing to do with Fallout right?

They are related. ZeniMax Online Studios is a subsidiary of ZeniMax Media Inc. ZeniMax Media Inc. is owner of Bethesda Game Studios. So ZeniMax owns them. And the owe ZeniMax money for using the TESO license. And ZeniMax throws that money to Bethesda for making Fallout4 DLC.

At least that is what I think :P
      ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
      "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."