The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Inventory of Woe

Wanderinlost
Wanderinlost
✭✭✭
240 bank slots and 180 inventory, and still I find my inventory gets filled in about 30 minutes of playing the game. Please I BEG you add a damn expandable commodity bank or something. This game is hell. I would spend money to actually be able to play this game efficiently without drowning in ***. I have spent twice as much time liquidating and storing items then questing. I suppose i could just stop looting mobs and containers however that would be just as lame. I like looting stuff. I would like to have a resivour of items to do research across multiple characters, however as it is now it requires muling between accounts, which is also lame and difficult to keep track of. I would like to be able to store multiple sets of gear for different builds without further crippling my ability to process loot. The best system in any MMO is what they have in GW2, you can deconstruct items in the fly and deposit commodities into a bank which lets you stack up to 1000 materials for each material type. I would spend crowns on that as I am sure others would as well. This game would be better if you could go out for a few hours exploring, harvesting and killing stuff without having to go back and deal with a full inventory every 30 mins. I am only into tier 5 or 6 crafting and this is a major issue even after destroying and selling off lower tier stuff through auction or muling to lower alts.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the game should allow too much inventory - there ought to be some choices as to what you carry with you, either have several equipment selections at hand, or have space for loot. That one is all right.
    I also don't think we should be allowed to deconstruct on the fly, though I hear they are considering mobile crafting stations that might allow this...

What I -really- would like to see is more bank space, one way or another. because my 240 are mostly filled with crafting resources (and I don't even have more then one stack per, at that), and i really would like some more space to store gear to swap between my characters without having to do a lot of juggling...
    It got way worse lately, when they added new stuff to store with IC and orsinium, but didn't expand the available storage space...

Just making more bank slots available for purchase would help. I'd also like to see a option to unlock guild bank through crowns for micro "circle of friends" guilds, then some of the stuff could be diverted in that way. Of course, increasing stack limits would always help crafters a lot... (and please make an "stack everything" button/function for guild banks too!)

One more option could be a alternate storage option... say, "bank" takes only gear and money, consumables and crafting materials go into the "warehouse" instead... and let us buy up "warehouse" slots (gold sink!)...
  • Herelacfreahelm
    Herelacfreahelm
    ✭✭✭
    I agree and each character has enough space for stuff. I would like to be able to have more storage space in the bank though. Maybe in the future when we get player housing we will have more space for resources, weapons and armor. That sure would be nice.
  • Wanderinlost
    Wanderinlost
    ✭✭✭
    Just for clarification all I am suggesting is having a place for crafting materials. IF those 240 bank slots could be used for banking items and other stuff instead of 100's of types of crafting mats then it would make life in Tamriel much more enjoyable.
  • Wanderinlost
    Wanderinlost
    ✭✭✭
    Just mailed 100+ items and stacks off to my alt account to be a headache for another day. Now I can actually go out and play for a few hours before I have to do it again.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with these suggestions.

Having more bank space would be nice. When I only had about 150 or so slots, I thought that having 240 would solve most of my problems. But there are just so many different crafting materials in this game, and I like to be able to craft for any level, which means I have to use alts to store some of my crafting materials.

Increasing our max inventory space from 170 to 200 has helped a lot, as well as increasing stack size on crafting materials. But, I, too, would also like to see a crafting bag/pack implemented, where all crafting materials are stored.

I get that they want to have us make choices as to what to keep, but there are just way too many crafting materials in this game. Perhaps some of that will be alleviated when they remove vet ranks.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 1, 2015 7:15PM
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree we need more space. Nothing is more frustrating that lack of bank and bag space. Most other games I have played have bank space per character, and shared space that you can put bags into to increase the space, and not just one for all characters with not place for bags to increase the slots.

One of the biggest issues I have with this game other than changing how things work repeatedly for PVP supposed balancing.

• Volkodav
    Volkodav
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think the game should allow too much inventory - there ought to be some choices as to what you carry with you, either have several equipment selections at hand, or have space for loot. That one is all right.
    I also don't think we should be allowed to deconstruct on the fly, though I hear they are considering mobile crafting stations that might allow this...

What I -really- would like to see is more bank space, one way or another. because my 240 are mostly filled with crafting resources (and I don't even have more then one stack per, at that), and i really would like some more space to store gear to swap between my characters without having to do a lot of juggling...
    It got way worse lately, when they added new stuff to store with IC and orsinium, but didn't expand the available storage space...

Just making more bank slots available for purchase would help. I'd also like to see a option to unlock guild bank through crowns for micro "circle of friends" guilds, then some of the stuff could be diverted in that way. Of course, increasing stack limits would always help crafters a lot... (and please make an "stack everything" button/function for guild banks too!)

One more option could be a alternate storage option... say, "bank" takes only gear and money, consumables and crafting materials go into the "warehouse" instead... and let us buy up "warehouse" slots (gold sink!)...

There ARE choices what you carry with you.YOU make those choices.Keep what you need to fight and put the rest in your bank or sell it.Man,I sure dont have anywhere near the amount of spaces you seem to have,and I'm fine.I have to sell some things when I reach my limit,but no problem.I have two guilds to help with that.
    What I DO wish was that there were more spaces to sell,instead of just the 30 we now have.Some things take a few days to sell,others dont.And I get good stuff all the time that I dont use,but would hate to deconstruct it.
  • Herelacfreahelm
    Herelacfreahelm
    ✭✭✭
    I wish that would have let each character have their own individual bank instead one 1 bank that is shared by all characters. I understand that yes we at some point need to make choices about what to save and what to sell.

I would like to see them seriously consider making this change from a shared bank to individual bank vaults.

Hope the developers will see this.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

There ARE choices what you carry with you.YOU make those choices.Keep what you need to fight and put the rest in your bank or sell it.Man,I sure dont have anywhere near the amount of spaces you seem to have,and I'm fine.I have to sell some things when I reach my limit,but no problem.I have two guilds to help with that.
    What I DO wish was that there were more spaces to sell,instead of just the 30 we now have.Some things take a few days to sell,others dont.And I get good stuff all the time that I dont use,but would hate to deconstruct it.

I'd be fine with the current space, if all armour would be bind on equip. Then I could use my bank only for crafting materials, buy items I need for a complete set and sell the rest. But at the moment I have to collect multiple sets to have a chance to get one usefull complete set in a reasonable amout of time.
  • stewart.leslie76b16_ESO
    erichc68s wrote: »
    I wish that would have let each character have their own individual bank instead one 1 bank that is shared by all characters. I understand that yes we at some point need to make choices about what to save and what to sell.

I would like to see them seriously consider making this change from a shared bank to individual bank vaults.

Hope the developers will see this.

I think we are too far gone to make a change like this now. A change like this would cause an uproar and all out anarchy in forums and in game. I won't expect people to quit, but I would expect sit down strikes in Cyrodiil where all servers will be locked but no one doing anything.
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Having more bank space would be nice. When I only had about 150 or so slots, I thought that having 240 would solve most of my problems. But there are just so many different crafting materials in this game, and I like to be able to craft for any level, which means I have to use alts to store some of my crafting materials.

I do believe there was a thread about introducing crafting bags into the game to hold materials, but the idea was floated that it would be an ESO+ membership perk.
    I, as a loyal member of the Foamy Cult, do solemnly swear to live a logical life free of stupidity, ignorance and all round jack assery. I shall do my best to enlighten those in need of Squirrelly Wisdom in hope of one day ridding the world of human idiocy. This I swear.