The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Tank Dragon Knights are not Dead yeat ! v.2.2.6

Escorpiao_Noturno
Escorpiao_Noturno
✭✭✭
DK's still can get some damage.

Check the video bellow and some comments about my DK in the first screen of the video :smile:

https://youtu.be/i1TzE54GVm4

" Yes, I can't do much damage, but I can help my team "

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Check the video bellow and some comments about my DK in the first screen of the video :smile:

well not really - your mana pool is to small to help your grp members with roots to annoy your opponents enough that they will actually attack you, every one else with two brain cells will just ignore you and go for more worthwhile targets.

beside that nicley played and some sick tankage :D mind sharing your equipemnt composition?
    Edited by Tankqull on November 29, 2015 1:10AM
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tank dks didn't die lol I've seen dks take on 5-10 people and one dk who doesn't play tank 15-20 and actually kill people
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tank dks didn't die lol I've seen dks take on 5-10 people and one dk who doesn't play tank 15-20 and actually kill people

Nice name.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If only more people did this in cryodill. The game would be much more dynamic. To bad you only get ap for kill's so everyone goes damage.

It also suck's how bad siege damage is, you would of actually killed some people.

I wounder if this is possible with a nightblade. Your getting me thinking!

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on November 29, 2015 7:12AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    Tankqull wrote: »

well not really - your mana pool is to small to help your grp members with roots to annoy your opponents enough that they will actually attack you, every one else with two brain cells will just ignore you and go for more worthwhile targets.

beside that nicley played and some sick tankage :D mind sharing your equipemnt composition?

I am using 5 pieces of v14 footman and 5 pieces of v16 seducer
    I have 380 CP, and I use all CP just for defending and healing
    Drink regen
    Mundos Stones - Magica Recovery

As you see on the video WereWolf does on me alot damage.
    I once Tanked Kosmoko and Left Lucy for a while, but when they become WW i died fast

• Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    very cool but sucks you cant kill anyone.
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    very cool but sucks you cant kill anyone.

You are wrong, i did.
    After a Dragon Leap.
  • hammayolettuce
    hammayolettuce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not just run Leos build .. Vir Cor .. and actually do something besides hold block. 9/10 times I see DC fighting you they just kill your friends fairly quick and then just focus you.

Being a tank in Cyro is useless unless you can actually do DMG to draw the enemy away from your weaker allies. I would drop both of the sets your using for v16 variants and add more dps to your skill pool. Will help you overall.
    Snü (Magicka DK) ♥ Thnu (Stamplar) ♥ Pizza for Breakfast (Magplar) ♥ Sparklefingers (Magicka Sorc) ♥
    Bean and Cheese Burrito (Magicka DK) ♥ Snurrito (Stamplar) ♥
    DARFAL COVANT
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice name.

Lol but seriously , should see Hulk on Xbox one
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just run Leos build .. Vir Cor .. and actually do something besides hold block. 9/10 times I see DC fighting you they just kill your friends fairly quick and then just focus you.

Being a tank in Cyro is useless unless you can actually do DMG to draw the enemy away from your weaker allies. I would drop both of the sets your using for v16 variants and add more dps to your skill pool. Will help you overall.

When I have at least 2 players with me, figthing against 6+ , I can help my team better with, proxy, tallons, stun, and some whips
    But on this video I was just trying to stay alive and show tank abilities.
    I was not trying to do damage or kill anybody.

I hear this adivice a lot. "To do more damage, and be less tank"
    But for me i preffered to be more tank and do less damage.

Everyone plays the way that you like most.

This video shows I was just tanking.
    It does not mean that I ALWAYS play like this, defending all the time.
    Edited by Escorpiao_Noturno on November 29, 2015 7:34PM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People seem to have the wrong idea about a tank. Tanks should be doing minimal damage, while supporting and keeping your team mates protected and CCing the enemy . Player characters are not like npcs that have aggro levels, it is not your job to do the damage or to heal your teama mates, that is the job of dps and healers. You should also be first one in so people attack you first, being a distraction. Again, dps does not matter as a tank, if you are focusing on damage as a tank, you are doing it wrong in pvp. There are plenty of abilities available to you to reduce damage to your team mates, the damage redirection shield in support comes to mind just as an example, and the siege damage reduction shield.
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    People seem to have the wrong idea about a tank. Tanks should be doing minimal damage, while supporting and keeping your team mates protected and CCing the enemy . Player characters are not like npcs that have aggro levels, it is not your job to do the damage or to heal your teama mates, that is the job of dps and healers. You should also be first one in so people attack you first, being a distraction. Again, dps does not matter as a tank, if you are focusing on damage as a tank, you are doing it wrong in pvp. There are plenty of abilities available to you to reduce damage to your team mates, the damage redirection shield in support comes to mind just as an example, and the siege damage reduction shield.

You said exactly what I think.
    I'd rather do something well done like just "tanking"
    than trying to do two things poorly "tank and high dps"

I can do DPS... But no much.

But i am sure that being a good tank, I help my team.

I call the attention of enemies, they spend magica, stamina trying to kill me,
    and them my DPS teammates come to kill them.
    Its works most of the time.

How about healers ? You guys should say " Stop just healing and do some High DPS too "
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »

You said exactly what I think.
    I'd rather do something well done like just "tanking"
    than trying to do two things poorly "tank and high dps"

I can do DPS... But no much.

But i am sure that being a good tank, I help my team.

I call the attention of enemies, they spend magica, stamina trying to kill me,
    and them my DPS teammates come to kill them.
    Its works most of the time.

How about healers ? You guys should say " Stop just healing and do some High DPS too "

Agreed.

I mean, I am a low level tank atm, but as soon as i get the aforementioned skills I will be a lot more valuable. But with my limited skills and only one skill bar atm, I am still able to go in first, "aggro" the enemies so to speak, and in certain situations, pull enemies from a group one at a time with chains and get them slaughtered by my group.

Use certain armor sets like Orgnum scaled and hist bark with divines, defender and nirnhoned traits as well and you will be nigh unkillable unless you have multiple enemies on you.

I actually had a really silly situation yesterday, which i thought was great, where i met another tank in EP 1 v 1 and I am pretty sure she had the same set of gear I had on, we dueled for 5 minutes before we both whispered to each other "this is going no where, we are both invincible" and we bowed to each other and walked away, lol.

Tanks add another layer of strategy IF used correctly. If they try to dps AND tank, well, then they will be useless.
    Edited by Jade1986 on November 30, 2015 2:10PM
  • Xjcon
    Xjcon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're you getting some kind of buff from being in the tower? Cause the moment you left you fell over, granted you said you were getting a call. Was amazing you could block that much without stam dropping, the only time it went down was to break free.
    Briza Do'urdenx V16 Dunmer DK
    Jcon V16 Orc DK
    Vierna Do'urdenx V16 Bosmer NB
    Jarlaxle Baenrex V16 Dunmer NB
  • LoreRiley
    LoreRiley
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice name.

@CatchMeTrolling
    He kicks my ass all the time root spam+lava whip
    GT-CRD Droid
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LoreRiley wrote: »

Nice name.

@CatchMeTrolling
    GT-CRD Droid

Yea root spam and lava whip sounds more like a magical DK and not a tank DK.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice name.

@CatchMeTrolling
    GT-CRD Droid

He's a tank, trust me. Many hybrid builds out there

• Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah youre a tough one to bring down, the problem is, you hit like a wet noodle, and generally we just leave you til last.

About the only thing you do for your team is sometimes get in the way of a ranged attack and reflect it.

Besides that, youre more of an annoyance than a threat.

No offense, just saying man.

Edit to add: just watched some of the vid, its actually GoS youre messing about with in that tower, sucks I wasnt there.
    Edited by Rylana on December 3, 2015 5:35PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Angus
    Angus
    ✭✭✭
    Rylana wrote: »
    Yeah youre a tough one to bring down, the problem is, you hit like a wet noodle, and generally we just leave you til last.

About the only thing you do for your team is sometimes get in the way of a ranged attack and reflect it.

Never underestimate the power of a dozen wet noodles...
    Angus of Noquar franchise.
    And some others.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nice name.

@CatchMeTrolling
    GT-CRD Droid

He's a tank, trust me. Many hybrid builds out there

You know? Real tanks have cannons
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭

Edit to add: just watched some of the vid, its actually GoS youre messing about with in that tower, sucks I wasnt there.

So, Was you saying TANK is useless ?

Like I said. I don't want to hit hard. I can if I want to.

Until You kill all my teammates, I will give you a hard time.
    I am not a threat , but as I said, I CAN HELP MY TEAM.

If you were there what is the difference ?

Do you have any video about you style of playing on youtube?

I am not offended , I just think all your comments were negatives.

Like I said before, this video is pure tank abilities. I am just trying to stay alive. Do you get it ?

Now there is a video that I am doing a better job :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrtxzoxWWzc
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can your build handle deep slash rather than whip? Was thinking the base damage is the same but it scales of stamina so it should do more damage, and it will damage 3 targets as well as slow and maim them reducing their damage by 15%. Doing so would cost more stamina of course, but it would also leave more magicka for Igneous shield which gives some of that stamina back.
    Edited by Armitas on December 4, 2015 2:41PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

really cool :)!!
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can confirm, you are one annoying SOB to fight.

I'm actually surprised at how long it took GoS to take you down. You spent large portions of time without CC immunity, if you're ever around the area of my friends I demand relentless debuffs and CC as often as possible.
    Edited by OdinForge on December 4, 2015 3:35PM
    The Age of Wrobel.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I said before, this video is pure tank abilities. I am just trying to stay alive. Do you get it ?

Odinforge already mentioned it in this thread. My guildies werent CCing you very well, and thats all i really ever do to you when I see you. Mines/Streak/Knockdown with frags. Anything to burn your stam. They pretty much just wailed on you until they finally wore ya out.

Thats the difference I could have made, but I wasnt claiming to be some kind of counter or anything either. You reflect too much for me to hard DPS you. My point was, I dont see it as a useful strat because while you can go around knocking people down and harassing them, its highly unlikely any of us die because of it. its not a make or break thing to prioritize you.

Back when I played AD regularly, indeed my main character, was a very similar setup. I had a little more damage output, similar survival. So I know it from that side, thus I know how to counter/ignore it.

So not you personally, but yes a PvP tank spec is by itself inherently useless because you cant force people to attack you like you can an NPC. Hard target, we kill the squishies first, then focus you.

If your only goal is to see how long you can stay alive, congratulations, youre one of the hardest people I know to actually bring down, but to me I dont see that as something dangerous to my team.
    Edited by Rylana on December 4, 2015 8:51PM
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭

Odinforge already mentioned it in this thread. My guildies werent CCing you very well, and thats all i really ever do to you when I see you. Mines/Streak/Knockdown with frags. Anything to burn your stam. They pretty much just wailed on you until they finally wore ya out.

Thats the difference I could have made, but I wasnt claiming to be some kind of counter or anything either. You reflect too much for me to hard DPS you. My point was, I dont see it as a useful strat because while you can go around knocking people down and harassing them, its highly unlikely any of us die because of it. its not a make or break thing to prioritize you.

Back when I played AD regularly, indeed my main character, was a very similar setup. I had a little more damage output, similar survival. So I know it from that side, thus I know how to counter/ignore it.

So not you personally, but yes a PvP tank spec is by itself inherently useless because you cant force people to attack you like you can an NPC. Hard target, we kill the squishies first, then focus you.

If your only goal is to see how long you can stay alive, congratulations, youre one of the hardest people I know to actually bring down, but to me I dont see that as something dangerous to my team.

I understand and respect your opinion on TANK be useless.
    Although I disagree on that.

How often the team does not walk,
    does not advance, and the TANK just go ahead and the rest comes behind.
    How many times I was taking a beating for my friends with more DPS could
    more easily kill enemies after they had spent all their resources on me.

It's ok to think differently. We are not all the same right?
    I Disagree about I been useless to my team.

As I said at the beginning of this post "DK's still can get some damage."
    The video shows just that.

I am not dangerous, but I'm boring .. kakaka.

Now I am leveling up my NB...
    I am getting a realy hard time do to damage and survive.
    But I will learn.
    Edited by Escorpiao_Noturno on December 4, 2015 10:56PM
  • Turtl3Lov3
    Turtl3Lov3
    ✭✭✭✭

In my opinion, it's like doing this to your team, over and over. :'(
    1459e0635fdd1cd6ac1d1bdd7b6e80cd2c2bc1ebf4630d140a1f25281a612b07.jpg
    LOVE THE TURTLE
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand and respect your opinion on TANK be useless.
    Although I disagree on that.

How often the team does not walk,
    does not advance, and the TANK just go ahead and the rest comes behind.
    How many times I was taking a beating for my friends with more DPS could
    more easily kill enemies after they had spent all their resources on me.

It's ok to think differently. We are not all the same right?
    I Disagree about I been useless to my team.

As I said at the beginning of this post "DK's still can get some damage."
    The video shows just that.

I am not dangerous, but I'm boring .. kakaka.

Now I am leveling up my NB...
    I am getting a realy hard time do to damage and survive.
    But I will learn.

I miss playing Rylana tbh. Doing all of that plus good damage. DKs got nerfed way too hard. =/
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If tank is currently useless, why not use the set that soaks up the dmg hit against your allies?
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Escorpiao_Noturno
    Escorpiao_Noturno
    ✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    If tank is currently useless, why not use the set that soaks up the dmg hit against your allies?

Sorry,

I didn't understand.