The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Must have for the crown store!!

Uneed2Stop
Uneed2Stop
✭✭✭
I believe the crown store should have a gift button. I can lets say hover over a mount and press X instead of A and purchase the mount for a friend and send it to him with a custom message. I believe this would bring a lot of extra income to the crown store. I would have definitely bought lots of stuff for friends. Warframe for example has a really good system for this. Ive spent lots of money gifting people(friends) stuff on warframe. And i would in this game but the feature is unavailable! I hope a dev reads this because i feel its a big potential they are missing out on! Seems simple enough to implement.
  • Electrolyke
    Very simple indeed, this has been discussed before with the devs.. I'm not sure if they plan on doing it however; I sincerely hope they add it.
    @Electrolyke
    VR 1 | Templar | DPS
    "In the sewers we must hide, to avoid all the crazies top side!" ~ Terane
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah gifting would be really good. Even just being able to buy crowns for someone else would be nice.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I too agree a "buy gift for ..." option would be really nice for crown stuff... maybe they'll add it someday... we can hope.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    +1 for this, definitely.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Dear
    Dear
    ✭✭✭
    I was very surprised that there was no gift option.
    ✉ DEAR | PC-NA | PVE | RP | BETA | NEWBIE | MAIN: MAROON |
      Petite||||||||||||Dual Nightblade|||||Wood Elf ♀||||Tailor and Assassin|||||Neutral Good|||||||Ebonheart||||||| Petite is happily married to Gigantic
      Bride|||||||||||||Storm Sorcerer|||||||High Elf ♀||||||Bored Provisioner|||||||Chaotic Good||||||Ebonheart|||||||| Bride wants to find and marry Groom
      Child|||||||||||||Bowman Knight||||||Wood Elf ♂||||Vampire Mercenary|||||Chaotic Evil|||||||||Dominion|||||||| Child is badly watched over by Adult
      Naive||||||||||||Healer Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Idealistic Shaman||||||||Lawful Good|||||||Dominion|||||||| Naive is a healer companion of Frail
      Maroon|||||||||Flame Templar|||||||Dark Elf ♀||||||Vampire Alchemist||||||Neutral Evil||||||||||Daggerfall||||||| Maroon likes the color of your blood
    • Sotha_Sil
      Sotha_Sil
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If you allow gifting in the crown store, you are starting a crown - gold black market. It's good for the player but not so good for the company.
      Edited by Sotha_Sil on November 29, 2015 11:14AM
      Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    • tengri
      tengri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sotha_Sil wrote: »
      If you allow gifting in the crown store, you are starting a crown - gold black market. It's good for the player but not so good for the company.

How is it bad for the company?
      In the end the Clowns spent always have to come from Z, there is no other source... for them it does not matter in the least who pays the initial bill - as long as it is paid.
    • Sotha_Sil
      Sotha_Sil
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      well it encourages a gold selling activity, the black sheep of MMOs.
      Edited by Sotha_Sil on November 29, 2015 12:06PM
      Restoration is a perfectly valid school of magic, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! - Spells and incantations for those with the talent to cast them!
    • anitajoneb17_ESO
      anitajoneb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      tengri wrote: »

How is it bad for the company?
      In the end the Clowns spent always have to come from Z, there is no other source... for them it does not matter in the least who pays the initial bill - as long as it is paid.

Thing is, as it is now, the "exchange rate" between real cash and crowns is entirely controlled by ZOS. If crowns are "transferable" (which is what gifting system would amount to) there would be a "market" for crowns which would be totally out of ZOS' hands. Just imagine people buying big bulks of 5500 crown packs and reselling them in smaller quantities at higher prices, effectively making profit.
      Furthermore, the size of the offered crown packs and the crown prices of DLCs is most certainly monitored closely by ZOS for optimized profit. Free market outside of ZOS would ruin that.

It's not THAT hard to gift someone crowns since you can pay them per Paypal or equivalent. Just send cash to your friends via Paypal and everyone is happy.
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I agree, I think this would be a really nice feature.

I'm not sure how much of a problem it'd be. My other MMO does have this system, and as far as I've heard it's not been a problem. It's not uncommon for the developers to be criticised for restricting legitimate players to try to prevent gold sellers, and they've not made any changes to the system since it came along; it's pretty straight forward - you pick to gift an item instead of buying it, put in the name of the person you want it to go to and pay.
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    • Uneed2Stop
      Uneed2Stop
      ✭✭✭
      Lol actually i completely forgot that it would technically make crowns part of a black market. BUT THINK OF IT THIS WAY they make lots of money either way. Want a mount but have no money? Oh you have millions of gold? OK then just give a dude gold to gift it to you. I feel like its not the WORST thing ever. Plus like i said it would make them tons of $$$$ regardless and it still wouldnt make it pay to win or anything. The mount your getting for gold is still being bought with crowns so there is no cheating anyone technically
    • Tallowby
      Tallowby
      ✭✭✭
      Can anyone say Bind on Pickup Items..... aka Malachite or soon to be Laurels...

Gifting will raise ZOS bottom line if implemented... Just sayin
      NEED THE HELP OF A 9 TRAIT MASTER CRAFTER ON XBOX ONE NA - ALL STYLES LIST ---> My known Styles
      Tallowby's Crafter Aid ...... CONSOLE - How to run a DPS Test

XBOX ONE NA - Guild The OTG (accepting applications)
      Arden Sul | Bosmer | Nightblade | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter |
      Tallowby | Imperial | Templar | CP160/531 | 9 Trait Master Crafter | EVERY STYLE KNOWN!
      Freya Bolt | Altmer | Sorcerer | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
      Wacko Smacko | Imperial | Dragon Knight | CP160/531 | Master Crafter |
    • Jayne_Doe
      Jayne_Doe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      As long as it's gifting items, and not Crowns. As previously posted, someone could buy the 5500 Crown packs and then gift Crowns to players in smaller amounts for a higher price than they paid. It still wouldn't affect ZOS' bottom line, but the Crown Store isn't intended for players to make real money.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure that anyone would pay another player a higher amount for Crowns than what they could purchase themselves, so I'm not sure that people could really make money selling Crowns.

Items are fine, but Crowns, no. Even if the player is reimbursed by the receiving player with real money, no one would pay another player to purchase an item for them at a higher price than they would pay themselves. I'm on the fence about the fact that players could purchase items for someone in the Store in exchange for in-game gold. While that wouldn't hurt ZOS' bottom line, it would introduce extra gold into the game and may unbalance the economy, with players able to spend real-world money influencing the in-game market by having much more gold to spend.
      Edited by Jayne_Doe on December 1, 2015 8:04PM
    • Volkodav
      Volkodav
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Gifting would be great.To buy crowns or items for a friend,or for someone who cant afford it would be so nice. Some people arent able to buy those limited edition things,and if a friend could do it for them I am sure it would be appreciated.
    • anitajoneb17_ESO
      anitajoneb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Jayne_Doe wrote: »
      As long as it's gifting items, and not Crowns. As previously posted, someone could buy the 5500 Crown packs and then gift Crowns to players in smaller amounts for a higher price than they paid. It still wouldn't affect ZOS' bottom line, but the Crown Store isn't intended for players to make real money.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure that anyone would pay another player a higher amount for Crowns than what they could purchase themselves, so I'm not sure that people could really make money selling Crowns.

Current prices in euros :

6.99 for 750 crowns = 0.00932 / crown
      12.99 for 1500 crowns = 0.00866 / crown
      20.99 for 3000 crowns = 0.00699 / crown
      34.99 for 5500 crowns = 0.00636 / crown

If an external crown seller buys 5500 packages he could sell them to anyone for anything between 0.00637 and 0.00698 and ALWAYS make a profit (buyer would ALWAYS benefit too UNLESS he's ready to invest in a 5500 package himself).
      He could also sell them to anyone at any required quantity for anything between 0.00637 and 0.00931 and ALWAYS make a profit. Many buyers would be happy to buy just the amount of crowns they need for their DLC or pets and not be restricted to the packaging chosen by ZOS. It would be de facto a black market.
      Not even considering special rebates like last friday's where "investors" could buy huge quantities of crowns and completely dominate the market with lower prices later on.

That happens with EVERY good or service that can be purchased in bulks with decreasing prices for higher quantities. Basically there is nothing wrong with that, it's a basic wholesaler/retailer system, for each company chooses to what extent they let this happen, some don't allow it at all for various market positioning and business strategy reasons and want to keep control over the prices.

Furthermore, crowns being de facto a currency, there might be many legal and tax constraints when it comes to letting it completely free on any market.

Whether it is about crowns or about the products that can be sold with crowns, these constraints are the same.
      Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on December 2, 2015 2:31PM
    • rubherducky
      rubherducky
      ✭✭✭
      What if you had to be friends with somebody for a month or two to be able to gift them? League of Legends uses a similar system I believe. Surely people who intend to abuse gifting wouldn't want to wait a month, while someone who's gifting a good friend wouldn't have to wait at all. (Unless they just added said friend)

Edit: Of course, you would only be able to gift items, not crowns themselves.
      Edited by rubherducky on December 3, 2015 7:19AM
      Flawless Conqueror on every class- Theorycrafter- General lover of the game.
    • Voxicity
      Voxicity
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I'd like to see a gift system too. Easy birthday/christmas prezzies :D
    • Uneed2Stop
      Uneed2Stop
      ✭✭✭
      What if you had to be friends with somebody for a month or two to be able to gift them? League of Legends uses a similar system I believe. Surely people who intend to abuse gifting wouldn't want to wait a month, while someone who's gifting a good friend wouldn't have to wait at all. (Unless they just added said friend)

Edit: Of course, you would only be able to gift items, not crowns themselves.

Amazing idea! This would be perfect.