The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cultural Affection quest - cant find bear

csparks1
csparks1
✭✭✭
I have gotten the first 3 items, but the 4th - Perfume - it says "hint"battle the bear what bear, where? Can anyone help who has found this? thanks!
  • trav2609rwb17_ESO
    trav2609rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    check on your map for a circle - can be hard to see as sometimes it is white on white. Also when select the quest have it show on the map - cant remember where i found the bear as think there were also a couple of bears (this kitty is muddled but will check tonight again on another toon if you not had success)
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found the bear Norgim and killed it. There was another bear corpse next to it with the quest marker above it. Neither bear dropped the perfume. The quest marker is still above the bear.

The hint said battle the bear, which I did.

Is it bugged or am I doing something wrong?
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's bugged. Last night I tried the quest, got to the bear, killed it, and could not loot the perfume. I relogged, restarted the entire game, abandoned the quest, etc, nothing worked.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    @starlizard70ub17_ESO is correct - it is currently bugged, but will be fixed in Monday's incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the responses!
  • Ladihawke
    Ladihawke
    Soul Shriven
    I know this is a bit late since this post was made but I just tried today, March 18/16 and could not get the quest completed. I fought the Bear and after I had a quest marker on the ground where another dead bear was but I never get the ability to pick up the perfume. The "Use E" ability to loot the bear never appears.

Please fix this quest as it was promised 4 months ago to be fixed
  • jalex776
    jalex776
    I tried to do this quest on NA server on ps4 on March 30. Had the same thing corpse bear with quest marker shows but no perfume i killed the bear and no perfume either.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to do this quest today. Killed the bear, the marker is above an already dead bear but I cannot interact with it.

Any ETA on a fix that works?

On PS4NA
    Edited by MilwaukeeScott on April 6, 2016 9:39PM
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MilwaukeeScott The fix hasn't gone through for console yet. It should be in the next console incremental patch, which will probably be in a couple of weeks.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Enodoc Thank you.
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PS4 and I found the two bears, corpse and live - killed the one and got the perfume out of the other.

But, I have noticed a few quests (most recently To Save a Chief) where the NPC I'm supposed to interact with is missing. You can see from the minimap where they're supposed to be but the spot's empty. So I went away and did other quests (and died too, I think, or got logged out?) and came back to it later, and progressed.
    x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017Proud member of the Aetherium Alliance.Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER