The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Enchanting Assitance Offered and Welcomed

tron7992
tron7992
Soul Shriven
I've been trying to level my Enchanting skill since the beginning of my game, and it is BY FAR the most difficult ability to level, especially when you get an inspiration boost from deconstructing other players' runes. From what I've read, you get anywhere from 10-30 times the experience from deconstructing runes if they are made by another player!
I don't have anyone in my guild that is of sufficient Enchanting level to help me out (It's a fairly new and small guild, so there's not a huge pool of contenders).
I'm currently at level 23 Enchanting, and I'm a level 44 Bosmer Nightblade in the Aldmeri Dominion on Xbox One. If anyone else out there is in the same boat I'm in, or if you just feel like exploring with a new person, I'm totally down for whatever. Thanks!
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make an alt toon, have them make enchantments, then trade them to your main. Go back and forth between the two and both will level. Also do the writs.
  • tron7992
    tron7992
    Soul Shriven
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Make an alt toon, have them make enchantments, then trade them to your main. Go back and forth between the two and both will level. Also do the writs.

I do writs here and there, but I read somewhere that the deconstruction experience boost only applies to other players; alt characters on the same account still get the lower amount of Inspiration. Is that true? Do you level your Enchanting with an alt?
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    tron7992 wrote: »
    I do writs here and there, but I read somewhere that the deconstruction experience boost only applies to other players; alt characters on the same account still get the lower amount of Inspiration. Is that true? Do you level your Enchanting with an alt?

I've been leveling enchanting with two of my own characters, and they seem to get decent inspiration from deconstructing eachother's glyphs, definitely more than deconstructing their own.

For me, it was just going too slow though to keep up with the glyph levels my main character needed, even with making and trading glyphs from what runes i've gathered and deconning looted glyphs, so finally I decided to try buying the highest level glyphs i could find for under 100 gold in guild stores, and deconstructing those, mostly they were white ones, but still gave much better xp than the ones I could currently make. It's expensive but effective. The green and above glyphs seem to give significantly more, but the prices didn't balance out for me. I know it's not the ideal solution, but it's one tactic.
    Edited by Aelthwyn on November 28, 2015 6:35PM
  • tron7992
    tron7992
    Soul Shriven
    Aelthwyn wrote: »
    tron7992 wrote: »

I've been leveling enchanting with two of my own characters, and they seem to get decent inspiration from deconstructing eachother's glyphs, definitely more than deconstructing their own.

For me, it was just going too slow though to keep up with the glyph levels my main character needed, even with making and trading glyphs from what runes i've gathered and deconning looted glyphs, so finally I decided to try buying the highest level glyphs i could find for under 100 gold in guild stores, and deconstructing those, mostly they were white ones, but still gave much better xp than the ones I could currently make. It's expensive but effective. The green and above glyphs seem to give significantly more, but the prices didn't balance out for me. I know it's not the ideal solution, but it's one tactic.

Interesting. I may have to do a little experiment with glyphs I get from other plyers vs. bought glyphs vs. my own created ones to see what gives me the maximum outcome. I'd rather not have to buy the glyphs just to decon them, but if it comes to that, I guess I'll do it.