The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do people actually find transforming into a werewolf useful?

Strider_Roshin
Strider_Roshin
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I personally find them to be easy AP just like Nightblades are, and I was wondering if anyone else felt the same?
Edited by Strider_Roshin on November 27, 2015 9:35PM

Do people actually find transforming into a werewolf useful? 76 votes

Yes
82%
GrunimEzarethGilvothcschwingeb14_ESOTelelCinnamon_SpiderTheBullXsoruspjwb16_ESOSpringt-Über-Zwergedsa.adab16_ESOLava_CroftAra_Valleriaanitajoneb17_ESORunkorkoSwen_von_Walhallionjakobandersen84prb18_ESOChrlynschDocmanduOrchish 63 votes
No
17%
NobleNerdJa50nXjpalm1995JaronkingStrider_RoshinbyCruxLoreRileyGreyhame Saint314Louis1985ActsTargurisChoriUnsent.Soul 13 votes
  • Ezareth
    Ezareth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I used to think the same thing until I somewhat recently fought a good werewolf. They were buffed significantly. Now I respect them as I should.
    Permanently banned from the forums for displaying dissent: ESO - The Year Behind
    Too Much Bolt Escape - banned for "hacking the game to create movement not otherwise permitted by in game mechanics."
    Ezareth VR16 AD Sorc - Rank 36 - Axe NA
    Ezareth-Ali VR16 DC NB - Rank 20 - Chillrend NA
    Ezareth PvP on Youtube
  • Lord-Gibson
    Lord-Gibson
    ✭✭
    Yes
    It seems to be more useful prior to end game material though. In the beginning it was awesome but with the harder things got; the less I used it. I relied on other spells, skills and abilities to defeat my foes.

It is really awesome though if you have guild mates or other group members that are Lycan as well and transform same time. This becomes a force or pack that is highly powerful; chances are though there are people who don't have it on there bars anymore.

I love the Werewolf and will always continue to be one. I have an all Werewolf guild (I was instructed to do so by Hircine) and would love to see everyone use it more often. I have always wanted to see an entire group of many that are all transformed and just tearing enemies to pieces with blood flying everywhere; total blood frenzy chaos.

Long live the Lycan
    No mercy for the Silver Hand and the Vigilants of Stendarr
    Scott D. Gibson
    Beasts Of Ebonheart/ Guildmaster
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Werewolf is devistating when geared right, i'v seen a single werewolf solo a small bunch of people in cyro
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    dsalter wrote: »
    Werewolf is devistating when geared right, i'v seen a single werewolf solo a small bunch of people in cyro

I guess I've been running into bad werewolves then lol. Heck I've even killed a werewolf emperor by myself before; which helped led to my negative opinion of them.
  • Jura23
    Jura23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    WW is totally OP in the right hands. But even in average hands like mine it rapidly increases my chances 1 vs 1-3. It takes more xperience in larger fights though since you become a target when you transform.

Good thing to remember is that his main weapon - Piercing Howl - can be reflected. That can be a gamechanger when you meet ww. Thanks @Alcast for this information.
    Georgion - Bosmer/Templar - PC/EU
  • Alucardo
    Alucardo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Before their buff, no. Now? Absolutely. They are like furry tanks with claws. Using it at the right time can be very powerful indeed. What makes it even more dangerous is some still think they are a joke.
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    WW is a quite linear ult. You gain a pretty restricted kit to work with in exchange for some really powerfull offensive abilities.
    How well a WW performs highly depends on the powerdifference between him and his enemies (gear, CP, skill, etc.). If you opponent doesnt cc break quickly for example you can just mulch him with howls and he drops. If he just spams cloak, you run after him spamming claws of live. On the other hand, if your opponent manages to avoid/ tank your attacks you are in for a hard time. WW sustain is (rightfully) very low and especially magicka builds with healing ward will have quite a lot less trouble dealing with WWs than dodge and healing reliant stam builds.

By the way, the immunity during transforming into WW can also be used very well to dodge high damage burst spikes, like meteors or detonation combos (or meteor detonation combos).
    Jo'Khaljor
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Yes
    Weaker than 1.6 but still strong in this patch. If you fight a good WW you are prolly dead in 3seconds.

Still WW suffers many issues:
    Cannot pickup Synergies
    Cannot Sneak (As a Hunter,...srsly ZOS how *** is that)
    Skills cost way too much. (Howl costs 3k stamina)
    No good stamina heal (Hircines Rage is magicka based which makes no sense but zoslogic I guess)

I think WW was quite OP in 1.6 and now it is quite good balanced

IF you want to see some oldschool 1.6 WW footage check out my WW Video here (poor sorcs get rekt with their *** 35k shields haha) > https://youtu.be/zBE4V3T8NiU

Dont have yet any footage of IC/Orsinium tho
    fyi: I really hate ZOS fordestroying this beautiful game.
    Edited by Alcast on November 28, 2015 8:40AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I've done a couple of dungeons where we couldn't find a tank, and skilled werewolf characters made really good stand-ins. So they get my respect though I've never played one :).
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I recently started running werewolf and it's deadly -- they are definitely for tanks though I think. You'll get shredded as a dps werewolf only because you have no stealth, poor healing, one skill bar, and it makes you a target.
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    It's very useful!....useful for my dawnbreaker combo LOL
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    As of right now I would say they are in a good place @Alcast touched on their biggest discrepancies. They are not the solution to every situation, but when geared and spec'd correctly they are devastating.
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The funniest thing is 2 handed Axe Bleed stacks with Werewolf Bleed

That's not fun to eat

• Tankqull
    Tankqull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xsorus wrote: »
    The funniest thing is 2 handed Axe Bleed stacks with Werewolf Bleed

That's not fun to eat

but cleansed in a heart beat - they got buffed significantly over the last patches but dots are still lacking in pvp when facing a competent(properly skilled) enemy.
    spelling and grammar errors are free to be abused

Sallington wrote: »
    Anything useful that players are wanting added into the game all fall under the category of "Yer ruinin my 'mersion!"

• Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    In the small amount of PvP I have done, I haven't seen anyone transform into a werewolf. For me though, I've used it to get out of sticky situations, but that was mostly with AI and not real players. Still, it has helped before, and I've seen some good videos and comments about it being very useful in the right circumstance in PvP.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I will say WW can be very good (as someone who has used them for a long time on many characters) but that could also just be me remembering when it was a 1k ultimate that restricted you heavily, to the point of being unable to cc break or dodge roll.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    @CP5

Let's not talk of the dark times...
    Caius
    PC NA
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Oh but they were so fun! Pve not challenging for you? Try ww on for size!
  • allen-iverson
    allen-iverson
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    since forever i have only been a werewolf for the passive regen benefits. since they nerfed that i thought i would actually give the transformation a try. here's a lil video i put together of my occasional transformation. i find it to be most useful in small groups

http://youtu.be/jjDORkYxhug

as you can see i dont even utilize the transformation to its full potential due to poor timing with the fear > howl combo, but it is still a devastating ulti imo
    Edited by allen-iverson on November 29, 2015 4:58AM
    *Marcel Rigmond voice* "Filthy casual."

allen-iverson, Metta World Peace, Kobe Brÿant, Goran Dragić, Dwyane Wade
  • allen-iverson
    allen-iverson
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    and honestly having the ability to use Fear without being a nightblade is SO *** AWESOME
    Edited by allen-iverson on November 29, 2015 5:15AM
    *Marcel Rigmond voice* "Filthy casual."

allen-iverson, Metta World Peace, Kobe Brÿant, Goran Dragić, Dwyane Wade
  • CMurder435
    CMurder435
    ✭✭
    Yes
    I think WW is one of the most powerful ultimates in the game. In the right hands, it's definitely deadly and can be a game-changer I'm everything from solo play, small scale, and large group play. I started using it after IC dropped and I'm certainly no pro, but feel free to check out my video that I linked and theres 2 more on my channel. Any tips or advice that could improve my gameplay would be much appreciated as well.

https://youtu.be/RL1_89IW0co
  • contact.opiumb16_ESO
    I personally find them to be easy AP just like Nightblades are, and I was wondering if anyone else felt the same?

Haha !
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    A bad player who turns ww = a bad ww.

A good player who turns ww = an amazing ww.

Its somewhat situational tho, you shouldnt turn when theres alot of oposition on the battlefield, because it will draw attention and silver shards.

But in the right situation its pretty hardhitting.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Deandril
    Deandril
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I've seen plenty of werewolves that were pests in blackwater blade. Don't have enough experience in vet to chime in there. If they can successfully transform without getting poison arrowed to death they seem to do ok. Seems most of them need to be in the larger group though. Plus they would fear enemy npcs making it easier to take resources with smaller groups.
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    When you build and gear with werewolf in mind, it works very well. Unfortunately, going all-in for werewolf can be pretty expensive (prismatic work great for helping with heal cost and effectiveness, ditto with 1x Kena)

You also have to change your play style to work with the WW tool set.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Personally I really enjoy my DK Werewolf, I use prismatic enchants. The dk has many great utility magicka abilities in human form that don't scalet off of magicka like Ignatius shield and reflective scales. Group play, in Cyrodiil. As an Imperial, I'm sitting at 24k health 30k stam and 17k magicka buffed my weapon damage sits a little over 3,600 with my weapon crit over 60 and my spell crit over 40. Sustain is a little weak and I rely on casting Ignatius, chugging tripots, and synergies from group mates (Spear Shards & repetince)

Small group swap to drink, and drop weapon damage to some regen gear.

In werewolf form I'm over 4k weapon damage, Hercine heal Crits for 8k, and have 40k stamina.

I really enjoy this build for pvp & pve
    Edited by Chrlynsch on December 1, 2015 12:18AM
    Caius
    PC NA
  • LoreRiley
    LoreRiley
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope
    I just pop Corrosive Armour when someone goes WW no Resistance to my attacks then i petrify and finish em off.
  • Soulac
    Soulac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    SUMMONING THE GREAT SORC KITTY @Ahzek
    R.I.P Dawnbreaker / Auriel´s Bow
    Member of the Arena Guild and the overpowered Banana Squad.
    Nathaerizh aka Cat - Nightblade V16 - EU

- Meow -
  • Ahzek
    Ahzek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Soulac wrote: »
    SUMMONING THE GREAT SORC KITTY @Ahzek

I was already here :3

Jo'Khaljor
  • Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I actually create Stamina toons just to become werewolf,

Running around in BWB as a werewolf is awesome,

They really are a phenomenal opponent now,
    However they do have weaknesses,

Going werewolf against a stamina class using a bow is a BAD idea as the use poison injection on you which does extra damage...

Also remember that ww gains the bonusses from stamina class armours, Not magicka....

I tried it on my sorc but it was really bad....
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)