Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

Do you think Radial Sweep should have more range?

tplink3r1
tplink3r1
✭✭✭✭✭
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    What would be the point of increasing the range? It will still just be a weak version of dawnbreaker.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    My favorite part about radial sweep is that I can jump right into the middle of a zerg of stacked players....

And hit absolutely no one. Best skill NA 2015.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    8m, the same as Puncturing would be about right. Would be on par radius wise with Impulse, but less then the ridiculous range of 11m for Steel Tornado.

edit: Also wanted to add in I think the DR should refresh for 8 seconds every time one of the "pulses" hits the enemy. So you could get a total of 16 seconds of DR. Costs may have to go up a bit for this though.
    Edited by danno8 on November 27, 2015 11:16PM
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    What would be the point of increasing the range? It will still just be a weak version of dawnbreaker.

The defensive part of it is actually very good. 15% + 4% DR for each enemy hit. Pretty easy to get 30% DR if you hit 4+ bad guys.

Problem is actually hitting 4+ bad guys.
  • lolo_01b16_ESO
    lolo_01b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No.
    danno8 wrote: »
    8m, the same as Puncturing would be about right. Would be on par radius wise with Impulse, but less then the ridiculous range of 11m for Steel Tornado.

Impulse has 6m radius.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    danno8 wrote: »

Impulse has 6m radius.

lol, I forgot they nerfed it from 8m I believe? It should be 8m, as should Steely.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ultimate is garbage and this change wont make any difference.
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
    Waste of time. Only buffing the range some, wont make it viable. The skill will still be situational at best and mostly useless, until it does actual dmg.

I do use Empowering Sweep for PvE tanking, it's solid for that purpose (even if I 9/10 times use Aggressive Warhorn instead).

But the other morph Crescent Sweep, what's even the point? It's like a clunky weak version of Dawnbreaker. It would need both range and dmg, to be useful for dps'ers or in PvP.
  • Mumyo
    Mumyo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Would be fine if it had around 40 ult costs since its damage is something to laugh about and so is its hitbox, especially on the average bad latency we have.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    You realize the ability is really bad when people vote "no" because the ability would still suck after a buff...
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Current range is fine, they just need to fix the dodgy hit detection on it.
  • Turtl3Lov3
    Turtl3Lov3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    If they increase the damage to be on par with dawnbreaker or even better, yes.
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Current range is fine, they just need to fix the dodgy hit detection on it.

Theres no problem with the hit detection, thats called latency, and it is IMPOSSIBLE to fix.
    Every ability with 5 meters range misses a lot, jsut like blazing shield.
    Edited by tplink3r1 on December 2, 2015 2:31PM
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer