The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Block nerf

Bashev
Bashev
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Do you think that the block nerf was too much? Now you either use it all the time or you dont use it at all. The "no stamina regen mechanic" is designed terribly. Currently if you block once and you do not have any cost reduction into blocking you lose 2160 stamina when you block the attack. But you also lose 1 tick of stamina regeneration too because you loose your stamina regeneration immediately for 2 seconds. So the potential cost of the block is 2160 + your stamina regen amount. The average stamina regen is around 1000. So the cost of the block is equal to 3160 stamina for most of the players if they just decide to block only 1 attack.

Possible solution
The "no stamina regen" should apply after 5 seconds if you hold the block all the time. Not immediately.

@Lexxypwns - "reduce spell and weapon damage while you block"

@Draxys - "You keep your stamina regen if you are in 5+ heavy. Or make 50% or 30/60% or something."
Edited by Bashev on November 27, 2015 8:53AM
Because I can!
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This whole nerf was poorly thought out, they should have just reduced spell and weapon damage to nothing or near nothing while blocking, its so obvious...
    Options
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give the stamina regen to a passive in the heavy armor tree. You keep your stamina regen if you are in 5+ heavy. Or make 50% or 30/60% or something.

rip decibel
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice proposals. I added them to my topic. I hope you do not mind.
    Because I can!
    Options
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This change basically made blocking useless (Nay, dangerous) for anything but a handful of niche builds in PvP. If that was their intention, good work.

PvE tanking is slightly more interesting now though. I think the change works well there.
    Options