The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Weighted trait and attack speed enchant

Runkorko
Runkorko
✭✭✭✭✭
Just noticed that the heavy attack speed for my 2 weapons are the same (2.5 seconds) On main barr i run destro staff weighted (kuta enchanted +12% atack speed) and on second "aoe" bar i`m with precise. By my opinion bonus from destro staff pasives (ancient knowlege) and weighted enchant doesn't stack. Do someone else test it ? And pls ZoS fix this because is game breaking for me (and not just for me i`m sure) Thanks.
Edited by Runkorko on November 27, 2015 3:03AM
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    Its because it doesn't increase attack speed.
    What it does is reduce the GCD after an attack by 12%, the attack itself will still be the same length.

Nobody uses weighted because if you are animation cancelling then you are simply ignoring the individual GCD's and just swapping back between different ones while you wait.
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zlater wrote: »
    Its because it doesn't increase attack speed.
    What it does is reduce the GCD after an attack by 12%, the attack itself will still be the same length.

Nobody uses weighted because if you are animation cancelling then you are simply ignoring the individual GCD's and just swapping back between different ones while you wait.

It says "increase attack speed" so it MUST increase attack spead (aka reduce heavy attack "cast" time"). For my build i need to fully charge heavy attack and i cant use animation cansel. So fix it or change tooltip from reduce attack speed to reduce GCD :smile:
    Edited by Runkorko on November 27, 2015 3:16AM
  • Zlater
    Zlater
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry, the animation isn't sped up at all, it will always be the same duration.
    There used to be other sources that increased attack speed like flurry. But they mostly removed this and other buffs and debuffs from the game.

To test it just try auto attacking with different flame staves with and without weighted. You'll notice you do more heavy attacks with weighted in the same time, but if you are weaving it is useless. Unless you have it on a lvl1 bow and are using shield breaker to troll sorcs.
    Ask for an invite to the greatest network of guilds ever. Redfur Trading, Redfur Exchange and Redfur Army!

www.redfurconnect.com
  • Runkorko
    Runkorko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have buff tracker addon/ i cast buff and i charge heavy attack / is 2,5 second for ALL destro staves nm the trait. The reason i put weighted trait on wep is to have finisher. I`m dunmer and Flame Talent ( Increases Spell Damage with Flame effects by 7%) + Ancient Knowledge( Reduces the time it takes to charge a heavy attack by 10%.) +Tri Focus(Fully charged heavy fire attacks deal 6% additional damage.) +Molten Armaments (Charge your weapons with volcanic power to temporarily increase the damage of your fully charged heavy attacks by 40% for 8 seconds, with damage increased further by 150% against targets below 50% Health.) is a GREAT combo.Sadly the waightles trait is useles :neutral: ZoS can you confirm do this trait reduce global coldown or he must work the same way as Ancient Knowledge
    ???