The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dunmer Sorc: Stamina or Magicka?

Blud
Blud
✭✭✭✭✭
I've got a VR1 Dunmer Sorc. Would I be better off with a stamina or magicka focus for pvp? Also, what about the vampire skills? Benefit or liability on a sorc?

Edited by Blud on November 26, 2015 11:00PM
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blud wrote: »
    I've got a VR1 Dunmer Sorc. Would I be better off with a stamina or magicka focus for pvp? Also, what about the vampire skills? Benefit or liability on a sorc?

Either is fine.
    Both @Xael and I are both Dunmer, though I will race change as soon as it comes in.
    If you are a Magicka build you can make Vamp work for you if slot an ability and make use of the regen, otherwise it's not worth it in my opinion. As a stam sorc Vamp "COULD" be worth it if you play with sneak attack wrecking blows and use the Dark Stalker for positioning. OR if you are playing as a "pure" archer type of build. Again though, the only reason you would take it (as stam) would be Dark Stalker. Since you won't be doing much stealth play, I probably would see it as a liability. Don't get me wrong though, you can make it work for you, though it will require your own niche playstyle or build.
  • Blud
    Blud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    blur wrote: »

...though I will race change as soon as it comes in.

Is there any word on when this might happen?

Ideally, I'd like an Altmer magicka sorc and another race for stam: Orc, Khajit, Imperial, etc.
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭
    blur wrote: »

...though I will race change as soon as it comes in.

Is there any word on when this might happen?

Ideally, I'd like an Altmer magicka sorc and another race for stam: Orc, Khajit, Imperial, etc.

No there isn't. I asked @Xael why he made a dunmer. He said he plays Dark Elves in every game, something about EQ PvP as a dark elf. That and he didn't want to run fire resist ring back in early days of this game. He was a vamp sorc with hybrid playstyle. Dude was a *** beast.

Regarding the name changes, no clue. They keep saying it's in the works, mind you they told us about *** like Imperial City over a year ago in July 2014 and had a lot of it already complete. They also had Justice System, Spell Crafting and other crap that never saw the light of day. With ZOS you never know what you are going to get and it's likely (now) only going to come out to make much needed money or rekindle the desire for people to play again. Shrug.
  • Hexys
    Hexys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark elf sorcerer here to, will get high elf when we get the option to change race. Stamina and magicka will both work, but magicka sorcerer will be better because you can outwin way more situations.

Vampire will also be better as a magicka sorc because your shields will protect you more then rally, vigor and crit surge for stamina. (Mostly for one shots)

If you go stamina, become a werewolf.
    Astrum | Daggerfall Covenan | EU-PC
    Noricum | Daggerfall Covenant | EU-PC
    Spectral | Ebonheart Pact | EU-PC

DC | AR 50 | Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (07-08-2016)
    AD | AR 50 | Hexposed - Magicka Sorcerer (27-04-2017)
    EP | AR 50 | Darth Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (05-08-2018)
    EP | AR 50 | Grand Overload Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer (03-03-2021)
    EP | AR 39 | Legendary Hexys - Magicka Sorcerer

EP | AR 43 | Hexyles - Stamina Nightblade
    EP | AR 49 | Hexys - Stamina Nightblade (23-02-2022)
    EP | AR 35 | Hexesy Shadowblade - Stamina Nightblade

EP | AR 50 | Hexesy - Magicka Warden (31-01-2021)
    EP | AR 49 | Hexyra - Magicka Warden (07-03-2021)

EP | AR 34 | Hexesy Czyterski - Magicka Necromancer

2.5k+ Champion Points
    Earned over 640.000.000 Alliance Points!

@Hexiss - Youtube Channel - Twitch Channel
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunmer is one of the races that can be a good choice either way.

rip decibel
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

Nope. They are good as magicka but you can use DW abilities nicely, without worrying about stamina.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

Nope. They are good as magicka but you can use DW abilities nicely, without worrying about stamina.

.... That doesn't even make sense.

rip decibel
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run a Dunmer sta-sorc and I love it. I started out as a magica build but it was boring so I switched to stam and I love it! I chose Dunmer because I had planned on being a vampire but changed when I went to stam. Still, the dual wield bonus helps and you can never go wrong with fire resistance
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is just opinion, but I think a Dunmer Sorc is better as mage-damage than stamina damage. I have a few reasons for saying this, but please bear in mind that while the Dunmer race does have more attribute points into magicka +9% it still has a solid +6% Stamina. The reason I favor Sorc is that it also has the highest +flame bonus, which can be nice if you're using an inferno staff. The extra stamina on a Sorc mage is really nice as well for dodge rolling when you need to. Again its not huge, but it serves the purpose. Flame resistance has the same value no matter what build you use. So in short I think Dunmer Sorc MDPS makes the most sense, but either build can work fine.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>