The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Xivkyn Motif style material

Ffolks
Ffolks
✭✭
If you purchase the Xivkyn motif from the store does it include any style material with which to make a few pieces? The Glass Armor displays the fact that it comes with 10 style materials, the Xivkyn one does not display this fact however.
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also do you only get 1 book or 1 for each character?
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    To my knowledge when you purchase a motif it is useable once for whatever character you want. You can purchase a motif bank it, withdraw it on another character and use it. The ability to craft that style will be with whatever character that read the motif and that character only.

For the materials, if it isn't listed with the motif book then I would assume the material does not come with the motif book. So it would seem Xivkyn operates like buying the Imperial motif. Purchase the motif from the crown store find the crafting materials in the gameworld.
  • CaptainObvious
    CaptainObvious
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would think for that many crowns they should accommodate all of your character slots. The books are bound on pickup so "trading to another player" isn't in the cards.
    Due to a typo in the system, the area was accosted by the Daedric Prince Moar Lag Brawls.
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why should all characters learn the motif? Isn't it enough with one crafter per account?
    Halcyon Black
  • jcasini222ub17_ESO
    jcasini222ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to play devils adovcate (he needs one!) all of my orcs craft. All are either in the process or have learned each of the motifs; its part of their backstory. So it certainly would be nice if one purchase unlocked across characters for time sake even though it would, I think, be harder to work into their stories.

This is also why I hunt for motifs in game instead of using the crown store. I'd feel idiotic dropping 40k crowns so everyone can craft xivkyn, I'm sure Zos would love it but id hurl hard.
  • Jokerz Fury
    Jokerz Fury
    ✭✭
    You get all pieces, however, it is bound to 1 character, so put it on the character that you craft on.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only motif in the Crown Store that offers style material as part of the bundle and for sale separately is the Glass Motif. Since this motif was introduced into the base game, they intended for it to be hard as nails to obtain in-game - both the pages and the style material. This way, they could make money in the Crown Store.

Xivkyn was introduced with the Imperial City and thus they are making money from the DLC itself. So, they didn't feel the need to be so restrictive in terms of earning the pages or finding the style material. The style material is not obtained by finding 10 pieces to refine, nor is the final product bound to your account. These are easily traded among players, so you can find the style material for sale at guild traders if you don't want to venture into the Imperial City or don't have access to the DLC. Thus, there really isn't a need to make the style material available in the Crown Store. Though I don't see why they wouldn't sell it in the Crown Store, as it would probably sell.

I don't play IC, and was able to purchase 23 Charcoal for 1k a piece, but I haven't found that good of a price since the motif launched in the Crown Store.
  • OmniDevil
    OmniDevil
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ffolks wrote: »
    If you purchase the Xivkyn motif from the store does it include any style material with which to make a few pieces? The Glass Armor displays the fact that it comes with 10 style materials, the Xivkyn one does not display this fact however.

Nope, no Charcoal of Remorse with the motif. You can only obtain those buy purchasing them from the Tel Var Merchant in the IC sewers at your Alliance Base Camp or by deconstructing Xivkyn style weapons/armor.
    Rogue's Gallery (EP)(NA)(XB1)

Proud Member and Officer
    We’re recruiting for our ESO (Xbox One) Chapter
    ESO Application: Apply Here
    Homepage: http://www.roguesgalleryguild.com/
    TF Guild Page: http://tamrielfoundry.com/groups/rogues-gallery/
    Character List
    "Varyn Wryn" cp427 Nord Templar (Magicka DPS/Healer)
    "Maelis Artorius" cp427 Redguard Dragonknight (Stamina DPS)
    "Arius the Shade" cp427 Khajiit Nightblade (Stamina DPS)
    "Astalor Bloodsworn" Level 7 Altmer Sorcerer (Magicka DPS)